• Last Updated:
  • Jan 15th, 2019 11:52 am
[OP]
Nov 28, 2011
252 posts
270 upvotes
RICHMOND HILL

[Costco] $179 Fired Up Heated Vest Liner

I'm Just putting this Costco product out there for discussion and another option if you've been considering heated garment for those already invested in Milwaukee, DeWalt or Makita.
It's 12v and they use a flat Lithion battery.

76 replies
Dec 17, 2015
397 posts
117 upvotes
York, ON
Anyone know if the Milwaukee jackets use FAR IR? If not, then this jacket is a great deal
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2005
3234 posts
383 upvotes
Any reviews on this vest ? I`m very interested .
Oct 31, 2017
115 posts
105 upvotes
here, there, and eve…
plus $20 off with masterpass as well
Let's go Canucks
sec 320 row 4 seat 101 and 102
Apr 2, 2016
243 posts
117 upvotes
Is this safe?

Always cautious with these heated/electrical vests and even those warmers.

Any radiation?

Cancer possibility?

Putting it out there....any research to show safety or not safe? Is the research unbiased?

Food for thought.
Jun 18, 2005
186 posts
352 upvotes
Milwaukee heated gear uses carbon fibre heating elements / filaments that emit infrared light. Sounds like the same tech to me.
F.A.Q

What is F.I.R.?
Far infrared (FIR) is a region in the infrared spectrum of electromagnetic radiation. Far infrared is often defined as any radiation with a wavelength of 15 micrometers (µm) to 1 mm (corresponding to a range of about 20 GHz to 300 GHz). Basically F.I.R. are safe and beneficial rays from the Sun. Far Infrared rays are capable of penetrating deep into the human body, where they gently elevate the body's surface temperature. Far Infrared Rays are not visible to the eye, but you feel it as heat penetrating into your skin.

Is it safe?
Far Infrared is very safe. Far Infrared Rays DO NOT cause sunburn or damage your skin and should not be confused with Ultraviolet Rays. 50% of the energy generated by our own body is in the form of Far Infrared Rays.

How is it beneficial?
FIR can penetrate deep into the tissue, generating the sensation of warmth. Far Infrared Rays set up a resonance in the body, thus generating this feeling of gentle warmth and repair. FIR heat therapy has been known to be used for better blood circulation, helping with Arthritis, healing tissue among several other benefits.

4. How is FIR heated apparel different from Resistive wired heated apparel?

Resistive/Metal wire heated technology has been around since 1945. It has several drawbacks most noticeably it's high power consumption. Wires have been also known to break and kink/coil creating a hot spot that will end up burning the user. Our FIR heating pads only heat up what they are in contact with. So no air is heated hence low power consumption.

How hot does it get?
Our line of FIR heated apparel have been measured at 135 F or 55 Celsius. Our normal body temperature is usually as 98.6 F or 37 F. But Far Infrared heat is very safe and even at these temps it is a soothing radiant heat that heats up only what it is in contact with.
source: https://firedupx.com/pages/f-a-q
Deal Addict
Jan 14, 2013
2126 posts
686 upvotes
Burnaby
On a side note, you should buy a snug size and not wear a thick sweater under it. Close to skin is better for heat transfer. Same with the Milwaukee jackets
Deal Addict
Mar 22, 2004
1358 posts
299 upvotes
Thatdealguy wrote: I got one from Amazon but wasnt that good. Need to have my own portable bank.

Is this completely wireless ?
I assume the one you got from Amazon was NOT this one??

Your post mislead me to believe you did, and it wasn’t good.......until your question.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 17, 2003
8145 posts
464 upvotes
Is this available in store?
Apr 17, 2015
158 posts
65 upvotes
Toronto, ON
pfbmgd wrote:
Dec 8th, 2018 10:55 pm
Any reviews on this vest ? I`m very interested .
There is one review on the link OP posted.
Deal Addict
Jul 19, 2005
1608 posts
277 upvotes
Calgary
Definitely a "HOT" deal!