• Last Updated:
  • Oct 3rd, 2022 12:30 pm
[OP]
Mar 16, 2008
386 posts
669 upvotes

[Costco] $19.97 Clearance? Harry's Truman Razor Handle + 13 Cartridges

Great deal!
I can't vouch for the quality, maybe other RFDers can chime in?
Same price in store

Edit: same price per blade (online) for the Edge with the current $6 rebate (21 blades for $32) https://www.costco.ca/.product.100980817.html

VS Amazon $31.37 https://www.amazon.ca/Harrys-Inc-German ... ty&sr=1-12
Last edited by ChrisR on Sep 30th, 2022 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
48 replies
Oct 1, 2021
101 posts
185 upvotes
Thankys, OP. Hopefully, someone can tell us the quality of these razors.
Jul 25, 2008
308 posts
101 upvotes
Niagara Falls
dave3528 wrote: Thankys, OP. Hopefully, someone can tell us the quality of these razors.
I've been using Harry's since they came out in 2012 (I got a years worth which lasted well over the year (at least 2-3 years!). Quality has been pretty consistent since. Good deal for the cartridge's alone.
Sep 4, 2007
565 posts
502 upvotes
dave3528 wrote: Thankys, OP. Hopefully, someone can tell us the quality of these razors.
IMO these are perfectly fine for the average male doing a light shave of the 5 o'clock shadow or touching up. Obviously this won't glide as smoothly over your face as the $4-5 cartridges with 9 blades 2 combs 4 moisturizer bars and 3 vibration speeds.

For a 5 blade razor I would say these shave more like your Gillette Mach 4s from personal experience.
Aug 19, 2012
120 posts
245 upvotes
Halifax
I believe Harry's razors are made by Dorco - basically the same product - rebranded.
My opinion - Costco has the best deal on Wilkinson razors - rebranded for Canada as Edge - the package includes 21 razor + handle ($23 in store), and is a significantly better quality than Harry's/Dorco.
Last edited by Tiefling on Sep 30th, 2022 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“Ravel Puzzlewell: What can change the nature of a man?”
Deal Addict
Sep 23, 2010
1655 posts
807 upvotes
I have been wanting to stop using these type of razors and switch to blades. What is the value focus option, not costing more than $30 hopefully for a handle?

Edit: looking for double edge handle
Buy now
Mar 6, 2006
220 posts
42 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
I will say I didn't have a great experience with these, I felt the blades were dull out of the box. The kirkland mach 3s are better, IMO.
I'm saving money by finding more things to spend money on!
Nov 27, 2016
128 posts
266 upvotes
fizz1234 wrote: I have been wanting to stop using these type of razors and switch to blades. What is the value focus option, not costing more than $30 hopefully for a handle?

I recently switched to double edge and found this pretty good and cheap as a starter set:

https://faconrazors.com/products/50-bla ... 200-shaves

Its also available on Amazon
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2008
2555 posts
2512 upvotes
Montréal
fizz1234 wrote: I have been wanting to stop using these type of razors and switch to blades. What is the value focus option, not costing more than $30 hopefully for a handle?

Done that a few years ago and have never looked back
Edwin jagger de89 (i got it for 30$ on sale at amazon)
Merkur 38C (paid 60$)

The handle is shorter on the EJ which is why I upgraded but thats all i bought in 5 years

And u can buy variety packs of razors but I think astra stainless premium platinum are a good choice

Its so much cheaper, satisfying and accurate
Deal Addict
Jul 8, 2007
1947 posts
2261 upvotes
Tiefling wrote: I believe Harry's razors are made by Dorco - basically the same product - rebranded.
My opinion - Costco has the best deal on Wilkinson razors - rebranded for Canada as Edge - the package includes 21 razor + handle ($23 in store), and is a significantly better quality than Harry's/Dorco.
I think you are confusing harry's with dollar shave club but idk I could be wrong
Nov 20, 2013
449 posts
570 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
I can't afford it, but am aiming at Henson, they advertise it as you get the handle once and never have to buy again, only razors. They also claim unparalleled precision in manufacturing, with former involvement in some Space programs. I think they are based in Canada.
As for razors, a bunch of youtubers provide sponsored link for 100pc with a purchase of the handle.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Public Mobile customer, as well as Vancity, Novus, Modo, Evo and Endy mattress
Deal Addict
Sep 23, 2010
1655 posts
807 upvotes
pimpilsang wrote: I can't afford it, but am aiming at Henson, they advertise it as you get the handle once and never have to buy again, only razors. They also claim unparalleled precision in manufacturing, with former involvement in some Space programs. I think they are based in Canada.
As for razors, a bunch of youtubers provide sponsored link for 100pc with a purchase of the handle.
That's a bit on the higher side as you said, i will try my luck with some cheaper options before I feel the need for a better handle.
Buy now
Jun 21, 2010
627 posts
458 upvotes
London
nicolascon wrote: I think you are confusing harry's with dollar shave club but idk I could be wrong
you are right
Deal Fanatic
Nov 1, 2010
5812 posts
2109 upvotes
Kanata
Thanks for posting however, going to skip. When the 1 star reviews outweigh the others it's a good sign. Especially on the sharpness of the blade, I def don't want to struggle shaving. I find it a chore already, no need to make it extra hard!
Uh, yeah, I'd like to speak to a Mr. Tabooger, first name Ollie.
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2006
1672 posts
133 upvotes
Tiefling wrote: I believe Harry's razors are made by Dorco - basically the same product - rebranded.
nicolascon wrote: I think you are confusing harry's with dollar shave club but idk I could be wrong
Dollar Shave Club uses (or at least used) Dorco rebranded as well.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 15, 2009
6656 posts
5323 upvotes
M-Arkham
walmart got $5 for bic's 1 handle w/ 5 cartridge, the definition of dollar shave
1x Virgin $45 for 50GB w/ unlimited can wide talk n unlimited txt
1x Fido $45 for 50GB w/ unlimited can wide talk n unlimited txt
1x koodo $45 for 50GB w/ unlimited can wide talk n unlimited txt
Deal Expert
Jun 23, 2005
24780 posts
199898 upvotes
GTA
Yeah, complaints about dull blades/blades that dull quickly are definitely concerning.

Switch to SE/DE shaving, buy blades in bulk and you can be set up with shaving supplies for a heck of a long time. Blades are priced in pennies, not dollars, and better for your skin, too!
Feb 1, 2009
521 posts
803 upvotes
Toronto
The US Costco has great reviews.
Deal Addict
Sep 3, 2017
1645 posts
3142 upvotes
Vancouver
I am happy with these, but I do find the flexible plastic hinge design has some flaws. It has too much resistance