Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Costco

$19.97 Clearance? Harry's Truman Razor Handle + 13 Cartridges

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 3rd, 2022 12:30 pm
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2006
3006 posts
1832 upvotes
Barrie
I've been using these for about 5 years.

They are great!

Best non safety blade shave I've ever had.
Deal Guru
Mar 10, 2005
11178 posts
4438 upvotes
toguy wrote: Yeah, complaints about dull blades/blades that dull quickly are definitely concerning.

Switch to SE/DE shaving, buy blades in bulk and you can be set up with shaving supplies for a heck of a long time. Blades are priced in pennies, not dollars, and better for your skin, too!
This
"If you want to improve, be content to be thought foolish and stupid." - Epictetus
Deal Guru
Mar 10, 2005
11178 posts
4438 upvotes
DE all the way, you get a better shave AND it's much cheaper than traditional mach3 type shavers

$45 Merkur 33c razor
https://www.fendrihan.ca/products/merku ... 20Shopping

$10 Proraso shaving cream
https://www.amazon.ca/Proraso-Shaving-C ... C98&sr=8-8

$15 for 100 Astra Superior Premium Platinum Double Edge Safety Razor Blades. Lasts forever

You can get a good shave brush from SDM/Amazon for under $20..
"If you want to improve, be content to be thought foolish and stupid." - Epictetus
Dec 14, 2017
169 posts
437 upvotes
blexann wrote: DE all the way, you get a better shave AND it's much cheaper than traditional mach3 type shavers

$45 Merkur 33c razor
https://www.fendrihan.ca/products/merku ... 20Shopping

$10 Proraso shaving cream
https://www.amazon.ca/Proraso-Shaving-C ... C98&sr=8-8

$15 for 100 Astra Superior Premium Platinum Double Edge Safety Razor Blades. Lasts forever

You can get a good shave brush from SDM/Amazon for under $20..
Can you use these blades more than once or you have to throw it away after each shave?
Deal Guru
Mar 10, 2005
11178 posts
4438 upvotes
kevint27 wrote: Can you use these blades more than once or you have to throw it away after each shave?
Way more than once, number of times depends on your beard. I would say I can get 4 or 5 shaves each blade.
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2006
3006 posts
1832 upvotes
Barrie
Those trying to compare this to DE blades are comparing an apple to and orange.

No doubt DE is great. I myself run DE and have all the tools and equipment.

But I also run Harry's and they are the best cartridge system I have ever used.

So if you are a cartridge user, these are amazing, cheap and do not leave razor burn.

Don't down vote this or tell people they aren't good because you are trying to push DE. They are very different beasts.
Deal Guru
Mar 10, 2005
11178 posts
4438 upvotes
RunnerForDeals wrote: Those trying to compare this to DE blades are comparing an apple to and orange.

No doubt DE is great. I myself run DE and have all the tools and equipment.

But I also run Harry's and they are the best cartridge system I have ever used.

So if you are a cartridge user, these are amazing, cheap and do not leave razor burn.

Don't down vote this or tell people they aren't good because you are trying to push DE. They are very different beasts.
Yea for sure, I do think it's important to let people know there's a better option. I would never down vote this
Nov 19, 2016
766 posts
546 upvotes
Sorry i am not familiar with this brand..

Is it better than Gillette fusion or mach3?

Tia
Oct 31, 2014
487 posts
435 upvotes
Victoria, BC
thesubmitter wrote: Done that a few years ago and have never looked back
Edwin jagger de89 (i got it for 30$ on sale at amazon)
Merkur 38C (paid 60$)

The handle is shorter on the EJ which is why I upgraded but thats all i bought in 5 years

And u can buy variety packs of razors but I think astra stainless premium platinum are a good choice

Its so much cheaper, satisfying and accurate
Funny I was scrolling down to suggest the edwin Jagger de89 or merkur 34c with same astras when I saw your reply. I did the variety packs and liked them best.
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
33251 posts
15131 upvotes
Never like the steep "Mach3 angle" for a razor myself. Also 4+ blades (this is 5) is way too many IMO. Blades are too small and close together and are hard to rinse out after each swipe. I've been sticking with Sensor3 for as long as it has been out, find that much better than these "premium" Harry's stuff. Same thing with their shave gel--just expensive for no reason, it's really nothing better than Edge which is like half the price.
Dec 13, 2006
626 posts
319 upvotes
I have a different experience than most of you it seem.

I'm use to the Costco Edge/ shick quattro and Gillette Mach 3 razor.

I bought those Harry's at Costco 1 month ago and I'm literally in love with them!

I have a really strong Beard. I don't shave every day... I shave every 5/7 days. Problem I always had with other razor was hair getting stuck in the razor, razor full of hair and need to hit multiple time in the sink with alot of water... Then do one or two more pass and start again the cleaning of a clogged razor.

Those Harry's razor blade are more spaced appart. They never get clogged! Simple rince, magic no facial hair stuck!

I seriously cut my shaving time in 4 or 5!!!

I think the blade are not as Sharp as the Gillette / Edge blade and the trimmer blade does not work perfectly!
But for my shaving habbit they are my personal new wonder!
Dec 1, 2009
48 posts
33 upvotes
Ottawa
So im curious. Who here shaves all the beard off. Who has a goatee or another design and requires precision in lines instead of just shaving all off?

Does anyone use straight blabe?
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2011
3630 posts
2289 upvotes
West Coast
PostDate1 wrote: $23.99 in US Costco with 4.4/5 reviews

https://www.costco.com/harry's-truman-r ... 40132.html
I wonder what's the reason the huge disparity here. Crap reviews on Costco.ca, yet insanely good on the US site. Are they any different or just a bad sample size? The Canadian site review threw me off, but seeing the US site reviews makes me think twice that I should give em a try.
Please don't ask or beg for "thanks". Don't act like this is Facebook. If someone found your post helpful, let them decide if they want to make that click. The more you beg, the less you'll get. Cheers
Deal Addict
Mar 29, 2003
3457 posts
912 upvotes
Vancouver
toguy wrote: Yeah, complaints about dull blades/blades that dull quickly are definitely concerning.

Switch to SE/DE shaving, buy blades in bulk and you can be set up with shaving supplies for a heck of a long time. Blades are priced in pennies, not dollars, and better for your skin, too!
I'm considering this especially given how relatively cheap DE blades are. What brand do you use?
Deal Addict
May 20, 2004
3313 posts
924 upvotes
Calgary
Are these good for scalp shaving? I’ve been using Quattros for years and like the shave, plus the cartridges last me forever. They are kind of steep though.
Apr 3, 2010
512 posts
574 upvotes
A while ago, I met someone who was once an executive with Gillette in the US. He told me that it's their marketing department that drives their product lines. Marketing comes up with an idea they think they can sell, and they then design a product around that idea. It isn't like they're always finding new and better ways to shave. Beyond a point, you really can't. It's all just marketing hype. Those cartridges that they sell for $3-4 each, cost them just pennies to make, so they make a lot of money out of this.

I wanted to get off Gillette's gravy train, so I tried different alternatives. I haven't tried Harry's, but Costco does sell a package called "Edge", with a handle and 17 cartridges. I do like that. It seems the same as the Mach 3 to me, which is the last Gillette product I've used. They put it on sale once or twice a year, and I got it for $20 some years ago. Since I shave every 3-4 days, each cartridge lasts me 3 months on the average, so one package is good for about 4 years for me. Can't beat that for a deal.

Edit: The Edge razor, including 21 cartridges is on sale in the warehouse in Ontario right now for $23.99. I know it has a couple of iffy reviews, but I can only give you my opinion. This is a good razor, and I would happily buy it again.

https://www.costco.ca/edge-razor-with-2 ... 80817.html
Last edited by Hotdiggety on Oct 1st, 2022 10:49 am, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Addict
Mar 15, 2010
1696 posts
755 upvotes
I've always found these to be garbage compared to Gillette. Sold out anyway.
Nov 8, 2020
98 posts
57 upvotes
Barrie
Do you mean the old fashioned safety razors?
If so, I have been using them for about 10 years. If you have any questions, I'd be glad to help.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)