• Last Updated:
  • Mar 3rd, 2020 4:01 pm
[OP]
Jun 26, 2012
284 posts
120 upvotes
Toronto

[Costco] $199.99 - Vizio Soundbar sb3651-e6

Have been eyeing on this for a few days after getting one before Christmas. That's a good price for a decent sound system. Would not use that on a primary TV but for a bedroom or basement, this is not bad.
145 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2007
1164 posts
104 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
Questions for people who have bought this and used it for Vizio tv, can I control the volume using the tv remote? I have an LG soundbar connected through digital optical cable, was able to control the volume using the tv remote initially but now, I have to use the soundbar remote. Will that be the case for this soundbar or there are settings need to be set?
Mar 7, 2011
362 posts
455 upvotes
t_mo_t wrote: Questions for people who have bought this and used it for Vizio tv, can I control the volume using the tv remote? I have an LG soundbar connected through digital optical cable, was able to control the volume using the tv remote initially but now, I have to use the soundbar remote. Will that be the case for this soundbar or there are settings need to be set?
Use HDMI-ARC. Only tv remote needed.
Deal Addict
Nov 27, 2011
2138 posts
752 upvotes
EDMONTON
People report the speaker shutting off by itself seems to be the dealbreaker.
RFD Etiquette:
- If you are going to shoot down a deal by referencing an expired sale or past deals, please provide us with a working time machine!
Deal Addict
Jul 16, 2003
1141 posts
226 upvotes
This Visio vs the Bose Solo TV for the same price? I used my main TV sound in living room for a year, thinking of just adding a sound bar for better sound but also wanted to be as minimalistic as possible. Not an audiophile.
Oct 31, 2018
77 posts
37 upvotes
I own it and was thinking about returning it after the first 5 days of usage. Shutting off by itself is due to the eco-mode which you can easily turn off using remote. The chromecast software sux but you can skip it by using Spotify app on the TV to cast your music. 5.1 is hard to beat.
Oct 31, 2018
77 posts
37 upvotes
JL2002 wrote: This Visio vs the Bose Solo TV for the same price? I used my main TV sound in living room for a year, thinking of just adding a sound bar for better sound but also wanted to be as minimalistic as possible. Not an audiophile.
this ofc, it's 5.1 so the cinematic exp will be much better.
Deal Addict
Jul 16, 2003
1141 posts
226 upvotes
CongW21164 wrote: this ofc, it's 5.1 so the cinematic exp will be much better.
Thanks! I didn’t even know it was a 5.1 thought it was just the sound bar lol.
Aug 21, 2016
295 posts
444 upvotes
Calgary, AB
umadbrah wrote: People report the speaker shutting off by itself seems to be the dealbreaker.
That is the energy start setting and can be resolved by turning off that feature. However for me, it turns off after a while while not watching anything, changing the output mode, turns it back on. TBH it's pretty good soundbar for the price, I could not however use the smartcast app so far, so that's that.
RFD Effect Is Real
Oct 31, 2018
77 posts
37 upvotes
whizzzkid wrote: That is the energy start setting and can be resolved by turning off that feature. However for me, it turns off after a while while not watching anything, changing the output mode, turns it back on. TBH it's pretty good soundbar for the price, I could not however use the smartcast app so far, so that's that.
I was very frustrated with the soundbar's app and the built-in chromecast but once it's hooked up with tv with hdmi-arc, I found all issues can be bypassed by casting to the TV.
Nov 29, 2019
170 posts
61 upvotes
umadbrah wrote: People report the speaker shutting off by itself seems to be the dealbreaker.
Yes, I am dealing with this currently. It's annoying.
Aug 28, 2014
393 posts
501 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
MaanitS29496 wrote: Yes, I am dealing with this currently. It's annoying.
Apparently there 2 biggest defects with this product are:

-random shut downs
-satellite speakers stop working

I really like the way this system sounded at the Costco floor but after reading the reviews immediately decided to get a Samsung instead.
Dec 2, 2011
15 posts
7 upvotes
Toronto
mediumsteak wrote: Apparently there 2 biggest defects with this product are:

-random shut downs
-satellite speakers stop working

I really like the way this system sounded at the Costco floor but after reading the reviews immediately decided to get a Samsung instead.
In case this helps someone - had this problem myself till i turned off "Eco Power" mode
Nov 23, 2019
42 posts
54 upvotes
Using this soundbar for 2 years now and still happy with it.