Expired Hot Deals

[Costco] $199.99 - Vizio Soundbar sb3651-e6

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 3rd, 2020 4:01 pm
Nov 24, 2014
59 posts
61 upvotes
Markham, ON
yashgandhi wrote: Use HDMI-ARC. Only tv remote needed.
Depending on your configuration / use of amp, this is not correct information.
Nov 29, 2019
98 posts
42 upvotes
mediumsteak wrote: Apparently there 2 biggest defects with this product are:

-random shut downs
-satellite speakers stop working

I really like the way this system sounded at the Costco floor but after reading the reviews immediately decided to get a Samsung instead.
At least it's costco. If it busts in a few months, I will take it back!
I tried the HDMI connection and it was bad. Then I switched to optical, and for the most part, it's a little better except that when I turn the TV on, it doesn't seem to turn on the soundbar, so I have to turn that on separately.
A workaround I did for that is I paired both to my fire stick, so I can start soundbar and tv together.
It's not perfect, but for the most part it works well 80% of the time
May 27, 2008
200 posts
64 upvotes
Toronto
Bought this 2 boxing days ago for the same price., As mentioned, ECO mode off saves the shut down feature. But sometimes during play back the wireless sub/surrounds loose their connection and re-gain.. on...off...on.. off.. . It's very annoying especially if there is something with bass happening as it's obvious. The pair is maybe 10-12' away from the sound bar. Does anyone else have this issue? I haven't forced a check for a firmware update yet (it's apparently supposed to work automatically). But will do so later tonight now that I'm thinking about it.
Jan 19, 2017
524 posts
487 upvotes
Kitchener
umadbrah wrote: People report the speaker shutting off by itself seems to be the dealbreaker.
Comes default in energy saver mode. If you get the app, you can turn that off, or there is also a button press option outlined in the manual to turn it off also. Not a deal breaker.
Jan 19, 2017
524 posts
487 upvotes
Kitchener
HDMI wont pass 4k, so I hooked it up with optical. Its truly an awesome set up. Really cool to go watch youtube Dobly Atmos demo.
Aug 28, 2019
3 posts
I bought this during the last sale, I am able to control the volume using the vizio TV remote while using digital optical input.
No issues with the random shut offs that people seem to be having.
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2010
4177 posts
2300 upvotes
Edmonton
t_mo_t wrote: Questions for people who have bought this and used it for Vizio tv, can I control the volume using the tv remote? I have an LG soundbar connected through digital optical cable, was able to control the volume using the tv remote initially but now, I have to use the soundbar remote. Will that be the case for this soundbar or there are settings need to be set?
Yes, as long as you connect the soundbar to your HDMI ARC port on the TV. You might be able to do that with your LG sound bar as well if it has HDMI.
Be a nice person and enjoy life

My feedback: Heatware Redflagdeals
Deal Addict
Feb 15, 2012
2890 posts
2260 upvotes
Toronto
t_mo_t wrote: Questions for people who have bought this and used it for Vizio tv, can I control the volume using the tv remote? I have an LG soundbar connected through digital optical cable, was able to control the volume using the tv remote initially but now, I have to use the soundbar remote. Will that be the case for this soundbar or there are settings need to be set?
Yes, for on , volume up down but not off
Jan 19, 2017
524 posts
487 upvotes
Kitchener
parapudaw wrote: This post doesn't make sense... Neutral Face
The sound bar has HDMI input and output, when you use the sound bar in this fashion, it doesn't send a 4k video stream. To fix that, I wired the HDMI direct to TV, and use the soundbar with an optical cable. Sorry you didn't understand.
Deal Addict
May 8, 2002
4551 posts
935 upvotes
Have had this for about a year, from same deal previously at Costco. Nothing but problems with the aforementioned random shut offs (eco mode IS disabled), randomly the sub and satellites would stop working, but most annoyingly of all is the constant audio delay that is introduced when using ARC. The more it is used, the bigger the "drift" until I manually turn it off and on to reset....

Great quality sound when working, but that's frustratingly a small amount
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2007
3103 posts
931 upvotes
Just have to cycle the power every once in a while when the wireless speakers/sub don't work, but it sounds awesome
Sep 7, 2017
360 posts
235 upvotes
Anyone notice the price in store for Ontario? TIA