Expired Hot Deals

[Costco] $199.99 - Vizio Soundbar sb3651-e6

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 3rd, 2020 4:01 pm
Jan 12, 2006
288 posts
44 upvotes
Woodbridge
joshmxpx wrote: Have had this for about a year, from same deal previously at Costco. Nothing but problems with the aforementioned random shut offs (eco mode IS disabled), randomly the sub and satellites would stop working, but most annoyingly of all is the constant audio delay that is introduced when using ARC. The more it is used, the bigger the "drift" until I manually turn it off and on to reset....

Great quality sound when working, but that's frustratingly a small amount
Exact same problem. Not very happy with this thing but been using it for a long time.
Deal Expert
Oct 9, 2003
17314 posts
536 upvotes
I have this and it's pretty nice. The sub disconnects every once in a while. The wifi is kinda weak too
Mar 7, 2008
89 posts
26 upvotes
got the sound bar for almost a year now. only use arc, the system works pretty well for netflix and ps4. maybe I don't use it very long, but I don't think the random shut off happened more than 5 times
Nov 9, 2014
7 posts
9 upvotes
Calgary, AB
Got this before Xmas and returned it. Sub won't stay connected and sound settings kept resetting randomly. Not worth the hassle. I got the Sonos beam for 300 and it's so much better overall despite not being 5.1
Deal Addict
Sep 27, 2009
2196 posts
443 upvotes
Woodstock, ON
Bidjaan wrote: Anyone notice the price in store for Ontario? TIA
mathomas wrote: Same. $249 less $50.
weird. usually it's $20 less in store. online price is usually to cover the 'free' shipping.

as I mention in all these threads for this 5.1 bar. sound is very good for the $. common out of the box issues experienced by many but the costco return policy is great so just exchange until you get a winner that functions 100%. my first, the sub wouldn't always power on when the bar did. second has been perfect in that regard. also works with alexa. I have only managed to get the chromecast working once to play music from my phone. I've tried casting from youtube and can't get that working (not sure if even supported). the vizio remote app is pretty much useless but required to connect with alexa to add a skill. biggest complaint is no backlight on the lcd display of the remote and the remote itself is meh.

if it was $179 in store I'd grab another one for the bedroom or garage tv
Second rule of RFD ... don't talk about stocktrack.ca with non-members of RFD
Third rule of RFD ... see first rule. if you don`t know first rule, someone`s following the rules ;)

Woodstock, ON
Jan 18, 2017
605 posts
212 upvotes
MaanitS29496 wrote:
At least it's costco. If it busts in a few months, I will take it back!
I tried the HDMI connection and it was bad. Then I switched to optical, and for the most part, it's a little better except that when I turn the TV on, it doesn't seem to turn on the soundbar, so I have to turn that on separately.
A workaround I did for that is I paired both to my fire stick, so I can start soundbar and tv together.

It's not perfect, but for the most part it works well 80% of the time
How did you pair it to fire stick? I tried to do so yesterday but no luck. I couldn't find Vizio under "receiver" equipment control. Thanks,
Sep 7, 2017
359 posts
235 upvotes
Picked one up from the store for 199.99. Not a fan of shipping electronics especially in the winter. Looking for something for the master bedroom. Wife is not impressed with having rear speakers in the bedroom.

I didn’t like the VIZIO sound bar with built in subwoofers. Another option is to have parents or friends bring this back when they come back from the US because the price in Canada is ridiculous.

https://www.costco.com/yamaha-ats-1080- ... 30280.html

Thoughts?
Sep 7, 2017
359 posts
235 upvotes
KevCnew wrote: How did you pair it to fire stick? I tried to do so yesterday but no luck. I couldn't find Vizio under "receiver" equipment control. Thanks,
Manage equipment, add, sound bar, Vizio
Dec 6, 2017
650 posts
322 upvotes
Manitoba
Got this last month and have been working fine. Did not experience random shutdowns or sub disconnection. So far very impressed!
one more deal and I'm out * involuntary tick*.... :twisted:
Dec 20, 2010
358 posts
249 upvotes
Been using this for almost a year with zero issues using HDMI-Arc, nothing beats this value for 5.1.
Sep 13, 2009
62 posts
1 upvote
Anyone got any recommendations for the satellite speaker stands? Initially thought it'd come with it but realize it doesn't. Been looking on Amazon but the ones listed there either rca cables can't run through the rod or the screws don't fit.
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2014
2065 posts
616 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
rtookey wrote: HDMI wont pass 4k, so I hooked it up with optical. Its truly an awesome set up. Really cool to go watch youtube Dobly Atmos demo.
Youtube doesn't support dolby atmos or 5.1 though.
Jul 17, 2008
52 posts
99 upvotes
GTA
iddqd85 wrote: Youtube doesn't support dolby atmos or 5.1 though.
I think optical cable maxes out at 5.1 too and doesn't support dolby digital plus or atmos. He's probably getting virtual surround sound thinking it's the real deal. Also this system isn't an atmos system at all...

I have this soundbar system and overall am pretty happy. Eco mode is off but I still do get a random shut down once or twice a week. But I never have connection issues to the wireless sub. I've reset the system a few times because of my sound settings becoming messed up but I've come to realize it only does this from switching back and forth from the built in cast and hdmi-arc. I now leave it on arc and just cast to the TV. Any audio lag I've seen can be blamed on the movie or music mode because of the virtual surround sound processing, so I only use mine in direct mode.
Nov 29, 2019
98 posts
42 upvotes
KevCnew wrote: How did you pair it to fire stick? I tried to do so yesterday but no luck. I couldn't find Vizio under "receiver" equipment control. Thanks,
Under Manage equipment, you can add a soundbar, and choose Vizio! Hope that helps.