Expired Hot Deals

Costco

2-pack of Oral-B Professional Clean 4000 Rechargeable Toothbrush - back to $99 in store $30 off

[OP]
Dec 10, 2003
103 posts
118 upvotes

[Costco] 2-pack of Oral-B Professional Clean 4000 Rechargeable Toothbrush - back to $99 in store $30 off

May be useful to some folks. I had been waiting on this for awhile and it's now back down to $99 in store, $104 online.

Basically the lowest it seems to go these days. Pretty decent deal for 2 of them - supposed to be the higher end model too.

This is the one with blue tooth and can link with your phone in case anyone cares.

Edit - also comes with 3 brush heads so that's about $10-15 there too.
Thread Summary
If you're looking for more options, check out RFD Reviews' top picks for the best electric toothbrushes!
29 replies
Deal Addict
Jun 7, 2017
1211 posts
3079 upvotes
New Brunswick
They just really couldn't stick a 4th brush head in there, could they?

I saw the 9-pack of the brush-heads on sale in-store too, though I forget the price.
[OP]
Dec 10, 2003
103 posts
118 upvotes
BranCracker wrote: They just really couldn't stick a 4th brush head in there, could they?

I saw the 9-pack of the brush-heads on sale in-store too, though I forget the price.
I think it was $10 off... so $39?
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2014
2110 posts
2429 upvotes
Toronto, ON
BranCracker wrote: They just really couldn't stick a 4th brush head in there, could they?

Hahaha I agree, bought this 2pack set a few days ago. "BLUETOOTH" but even # heads is hard? Hahaha.

Btw, I tried the long brush heads attachments off Amazon for the OralB Costco handle last year and I never went back to those round small heads.

They are very costly though, 3x for $18-20 whereas round small heads are 9x $40 from Costco? I don't know what I'm doing but the bigger brush heads found them really nice

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B0002KHU3I
Apr 29, 2020
114 posts
387 upvotes
blackston3 wrote: Hahaha I agree, bought this 2pack set a few days ago. "BLUETOOTH" but even # heads is hard? Hahaha.

Btw, I tried the long brush heads attachments off Amazon for the OralB Costco handle last year and I never went back to those round small heads.

They are very costly though, 3x for $18-20 whereas round small heads are 9x $40 from Costco? I don't know what I'm doing but the bigger brush heads found them really nice

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B0002KHU3I
I didn't even know dual heads existed, thanks! Will give it a try on my next replacement head purchase.
Jun 6, 2018
272 posts
215 upvotes
How do these compare to Philips Sonic? I am trying to see my options as my philips recently broke ( twice in past 3 years)
Apr 24, 2012
99 posts
84 upvotes
Orillia
Back when Costco sold the 3000 series, it was $120 down to $90, and you got 4 heads. But bLuEtOoTh lol.
[OP]
Dec 10, 2003
103 posts
118 upvotes
Cokenrumholdtherum wrote: I didn't even know dual heads existed, thanks! Will give it a try on my next replacement head purchase.
I had no idea either... now I'm curious to try....
[OP]
Dec 10, 2003
103 posts
118 upvotes
The sonic care is faster and feels smaller. These brushes are bigger. They are both comparable cleaning wise.
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2001
17009 posts
7345 upvotes
Is there an equivalent version that is operated by batteries we can change?

We have gone through two of these, and while they do last several years it also seems so wasteful to throw them out when the battery goes bad. Thought maybe if there is an equivalent that takes AA's and provides the same level of clean it might feel less wasteful in the long run.
Deal Addict
May 13, 2005
1776 posts
762 upvotes
Toronto
TrevorK wrote: Is there an equivalent version that is operated by batteries we can change?

We have gone through two of these, and while they do last several years it also seems so wasteful to throw them out when the battery goes bad. Thought maybe if there is an equivalent that takes AA's and provides the same level of clean it might feel less wasteful in the long run.
I find the cheap Oral-Bs that uses batteries wear out much faster. I used to buy those and they wouldn't even last a year. These rechargeable ones last for 5-10 years from my experience.

I have tried to replace the rechargeable batteries, but it requires desoldering and you'll likely be breaking any waterproof seals.
Deal Addict
Mar 15, 2008
2064 posts
672 upvotes
cncpun wrote: The sonic care is faster and feels smaller. These brushes are bigger. They are both comparable cleaning wise.
that the brush that vibrates? For some reason I hated that and went with oral B lol
Jul 16, 2019
64 posts
46 upvotes
Opposite opinion here, I hate the big ones. I felt that they were too big and didn’t clean as well. I’ve tried out all of the heads over the past 8 years or so and my favourite is the floss one (it pretty much flosses your teeth as you brush, it’s amazing), then my second favourite is the cross action one.
Jan 11, 2012
327 posts
200 upvotes
PORT ALBERNI
On eBay I've seen a place in the UK that rebuilds the OralB brand with new batteries. I haven't tried them or have a direct link but just something to think about. I was thinking of sending one of my older units to see how it comes out.
TrevorK wrote: Is there an equivalent version that is operated by batteries we can change?

Feb 4, 2016
83 posts
155 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Banana4Scale wrote: How do these compare to Philips Sonic? I am trying to see my options as my philips recently broke ( twice in past 3 years)
I had the same issues with Sonic. Kept having to get them replaced. PITA. Had an Oral B for 10+ years before those with no issues. Buy $10 battery powered Oral Bs from Amazon. You don't need to plug them in and have a dock that can get nasty if not cleaned often. (Small kids esp.). They use 2 AA batteries.
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2001
17009 posts
7345 upvotes
DarkReaper wrote: I find the cheap Oral-Bs that uses batteries wear out much faster. I used to buy those and they wouldn't even last a year. These rechargeable ones last for 5-10 years from my experience.

I have tried to replace the rechargeable batteries, but it requires desoldering and you'll likely be breaking any waterproof seals.
I saw that - but being that I have no knowledge of soldering it was an instant no for me. By the time I get someone to do it for me it just isn't worth it for the $50/brush cost for a new one.

I am going to have to see if I saved a copy of the receipt, Perhaps I have got a lot of life out of the toothbrush and it's just my imagination that it has only been a couple years. It just seems wasteful to toss it when the battery is bad, knowing that the motor and such are all fine. I try to reduce waste and it just feels wasteful, so I thought if I could switch to use that uses actual replaceable batteries I might feel better about my choice.
Deal Addict
May 13, 2005
1776 posts
762 upvotes
Toronto
TrevorK wrote: I saw that - but being that I have no knowledge of soldering it was an instant no for me. By the time I get someone to do it for me it just isn't worth it for the $50/brush cost for a new one.

I am going to have to see if I saved a copy of the receipt, Perhaps I have got a lot of life out of the toothbrush and it's just my imagination that it has only been a couple years. It just seems wasteful to toss it when the battery is bad, knowing that the motor and such are all fine. I try to reduce waste and it just feels wasteful, so I thought if I could switch to use that uses actual replaceable batteries I might feel better about my choice.
I feel there are much more wasteful products in your daily life to worry about than a toothbrush that you replace every 5-10 years. Even rechargeable AA batteries won't last that long if you use the toothbrush twice a day.
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
29695 posts
10424 upvotes

You're not supposed to "throw them out". You're supposed to pull the battery out following the instructions and deposit the battery at your local HHW or other places that accept batteries for recycling.

Also you can replace the rechargeable cells in these. There's a few sites out there that sell replacements and provide instructions on replacement and resealing.

Anyway the old NiCd ones last about 10yrs on average, the NiMH ones should probably last just as long; the Li-Ion ones probably not as long though. The only ones that would be mostly safe to "throw out" would be the NiMH ones--not as harmful to the environment (and people) as cadmium or lithium.
Apr 28, 2010
141 posts
197 upvotes
richmond hill
Every rfd’er here acting Iike they are professional dentists 🤣. I love this site. Here for the comments