Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Costco

20% OFF Select Moustache Inks and Toner

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 8th, 2021 6:26 pm
Dec 12, 2006
157 posts
114 upvotes
Vancouver
Do you guys usually purchase the ones with chip or without? (this might be only applicable to certain brother toners)
Deal Addict
Jun 5, 2006
2845 posts
293 upvotes
K3lvin wrote: Do you guys usually purchase the ones with chip or without? (this might be only applicable to certain brother toners)
I had the same question, but it looks like you can easily transfer the chip from one toner to another if you already have a chip.

Apr 8, 2018
106 posts
49 upvotes
Is this available at the warehouse for lower?
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2019
2812 posts
3878 upvotes
How's the quality of the Brother toners? I usually buy it on Amazon or eBay for about $10 a toner.
Aug 14, 2014
949 posts
948 upvotes
How long do they stay good for? I don't print much but mt black is almost out on TN 221 series. Is it worth buying the 5 pack to keep for a few years?
Mar 4, 2019
94 posts
164 upvotes
Amazon $10 toners are a hit or miss.. Ive had 3 good ones and 3 bad ones ( ink ran out within 200 pages~). Still worth a shot at $10 especially since amazon refunded me the bad ones.
Jun 1, 2009
957 posts
185 upvotes
Toronto
I've been buying this for my business. No problems
Jan 28, 2017
434 posts
311 upvotes
Thanks OP!
I've gone through maybe 8 or 10 Moustache cartridges (and some drums) for my Brother (laser) DCP-L2540DW - never bought OEMs as the difference in price is ridiculous. Most were as good as the cartridge that came with the printer. Twice I've had issues - one was vertical streaks over printout, which I already don't remember how I addressed and fixed. Another one, recently, was smearing and ghosting on the printout so bad it was unusable. Tried everything, including thoroughly cleaning the cartridge, the drum, and the inside of the printer in a variety of ways, nothing helped. The issue finally went (for the most part) away when I replaced both the cartridge and drum (both Moustache replaced with Moustache). I will keep buying Moustache - even if one in 5 gives me issues as above, I would still come out way ahead, compared to OEM supplies. That said, I absolutely love Brother printers.

Edit: OP you may want to correct the first post - deal valid to March 14th, not May 14th
Jan 28, 2017
434 posts
311 upvotes
simonasimona wrote: Any printer you guys recommend? For Home use, maybe printing 2 or 3 pages a week.
If you are not printing much, you can get by with an inkjet - you just have to print at least a bit every week, else the printheads may dry out (then you need to run a cleaning cycle). I would go with a colour inkjet, this way you can also print colour for cheap (compared to the startup cost of a colour laser printer). Never, ever, buy OEM printer supplies (especially ink for inkjets) - Moustache or whatever on Amazon usually does the job for ink much cheaper and same/ almost same quality.
I have two printers, both Brother (laser DCP-L2540DW and inkjet MFC-J615W). I can't say enough good things about Brother printers. The only thing I don't like about my printers is the original scanning software, which is a pain in the derrier - replaced with the free software NAPS2 - excellent.
Jan 23, 2018
14 posts
6 upvotes
simonasimona wrote: Any printer you guys recommend? For Home use, maybe printing 2 or 3 pages a week.
I've had a Brother DCP7065DN for nearly 10 years, over 13,000 pages printed. I'm a huge fan of these simple B/W Brother laser printers. Not sure what the current model numbers are.
Oct 10, 2016
215 posts
224 upvotes
Nam5588 wrote: If you are not printing much, you can get by with an inkjet - you just have to print at least a bit every week, else the printheads may dry out (then you need to run a cleaning cycle). I would go with a colour inkjet, this way you can also print colour for cheap (compared to the startup cost of a colour laser printer). Never, ever, buy OEM printer supplies (especially ink for inkjets) - Moustache or whatever on Amazon usually does the job for ink much cheaper and same/ almost same quality.
I have two printers, both Brother (laser DCP-L2540DW and inkjet MFC-J615W). I can't say enough good things about Brother printers. The only thing I don't like about my printers is the original scanning software, which is a pain in the derrier - replaced with the free software NAPS2 - excellent.
cwillie93 wrote: I've had a Brother DCP7065DN for nearly 10 years, over 13,000 pages printed. I'm a huge fan of these simple B/W Brother laser printers. Not sure what the current model numbers are.
Thanks! Brother seems to be popular. But they are a bit pricey
Jan 28, 2017
434 posts
311 upvotes
simonasimona wrote: Thanks! Brother seems to be popular. But they are a bit pricey
Also, if you can, try to buy a printer that does not require chipped cartridges (be it ink or toner) - makes it much easier to buy cheap supplies.
Jan 28, 2017
434 posts
311 upvotes
simonasimona wrote: Thanks! Brother seems to be popular. But they are a bit pricey
If you do decide to go with a laser printer, Brother sells refurbished ones (for less then new ones, obviously) - mine is refurbished, with a full toner. Sometimes they give a coupon on their website for signing up for their emails - check previous threads.
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2012
1067 posts
406 upvotes
Toronto
I had trouble with the toner getting recognized with my Canon laser, tried a few times and gave up. After a couple of weeks, I needed to print, so unplugged the printer, removed and reinserted the toner and powered back the printer. It works now and has been no issues since.
Deal Expert
Nov 16, 2004
26683 posts
15290 upvotes
Toronto
They say the ink has a 2 year shelf life. Keep that in mind when purchasing.
Esg876 wrote: How long do they stay good for? I don't print much but mt black is almost out on TN 221 series. Is it worth buying the 5 pack to keep for a few years?
According to other sites, no. They claim 2 years.
RedFlagDeals Addict
Wash your car at Petro-Canada? Think again! Car damaged and nobody cares
Esso Price Privileges Card, 25% Off - save some money on gas
Feb 7, 2017
820 posts
511 upvotes
cwillie93 wrote: I've had a Brother DCP7065DN for nearly 10 years, over 13,000 pages printed. I'm a huge fan of these simple B/W Brother laser printers. Not sure what the current model numbers are.
+1. I have had a brother MFC-7460DN for over 5 years. I simply bought a bottle of black toner powder and refilled it. There is a *00 toner procedure to override any low toner message. The toner does not have a counter chip, but it has a gear counter but I have never had to mess with it with my override.
Oct 9, 2008
134 posts
120 upvotes
+1
Good deal.
Have been using Moustache for years in my HP P1102w
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2009
1486 posts
568 upvotes
I have had good experience with Inkfirst Toners (on Amazon.ca), their price is comparable with Moustache.

Don't want to buy another as my current one still has 50% left after 2 years. Do laser printer toners have a long shelf life?
If my sanity has to go, it is my job to keep its absence to myself. :D
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2012
2008 posts
2044 upvotes
VANCOUVER
Nam5588 wrote: If you are not printing much, you can get by with an inkjet - you just have to print at least a bit every week, else the printheads may dry out (then you need to run a cleaning cycle). I would go with a colour inkjet, this way you can also print colour for cheap (compared to the startup cost of a colour laser printer). Never, ever, buy OEM printer supplies (especially ink for inkjets) - Moustache or whatever on Amazon usually does the job for ink much cheaper and same/ almost same quality.
We have 3 or 4+ month spells of not printing anything at all and our Brother inkjet has never had a problem. I just assumed the phantom printer sounds I hear several times a month was the printer doing it's thang to keep the heads fresh.

If I had to print something weekly, then I'd avoid inkjets like the plague. The reason why we bought an inkjet is to decrease clutter...

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)