Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Costco

2018 Fall Tire Promotion @ Costco

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 11th, 2018 12:31 pm
Banned
Jun 6, 2016
361 posts
257 upvotes
Scarborough, ONT
dpleli wrote: They have the buy 4 pirelli tires and get a $80 costco cash card and 1 cent tire install on right now. BUT it says tires must be installed within 14 days of purchase. And it is 5-10 Business days for delivery. That could leave you with one day to get your tires installed if it takes 10 business days 10 arrive. Seems a little bit ridiculous
They have a lot of Pirelli's in stock. I was just at Warden Costco, there are stacks of them both winter and all season. I ordered the Cinturato P7 All Season Plus, they had my (not that common) size in the warehouse, installation booked for tomorrow. 1 cent installation and $80 Costco card.
For anybody wondering, they also gave me an appointment, so no lining up at 6 am... Will update tomorrow on whether I waited or not.
Deal Addict
Jun 10, 2008
1206 posts
392 upvotes
markunin wrote: Tempted to buy winter bridgestones. https://www.bridgestonetire.ca/special-offers - says winter promotion starts October 8, 2018, and Costco's promotion for a cash card expires October 7. Wait or buy now dilemma =(
Bridgestones have instant $200 off discount at Certified Service Retailers - certified-service-instant-150-off-new-t ... d-2220369/
Aug 16, 2014
371 posts
444 upvotes
Oshawa, ON
What do you guys think about buying a size smaller for winter driving? I've heard people say smaller tires are better at gripping and of course better on price. Example, HRV takes 17" but thinking about going with new 16" tires and steel wheels.
Deal Addict
Mar 1, 2006
1581 posts
858 upvotes
Edmonton
JordanTO wrote: What do you guys think about buying a size smaller for winter driving? I've heard people say smaller tires are better at gripping and of course better on price. Example, HRV takes 17" but thinking about going with new 16" tires and steel wheels.
Generally the advantage is on more narrow tires rather than smaller rim size. Decreased surface area means more weight per square inch of contact.

Sizing down the rim helps a bit as you've got more rubber and less rim to hit things, etc. But that difference is secondary.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 17, 2003
7813 posts
852 upvotes
Vancouver
WAHASH4deals wrote: aside from the cash card, does costco generally have better prices than other vendors?
no, 1010tires/com also known as Volco Tires locally has never been able to be beaten for me in over 20 yrs of buying tires, I just stick with them and continually get the best deal like a set of 255/35/19 Yokohama Advan Sport V405 for $1123 installed with tire rotation every 8-10K/ Last 2 sets of tires were the Pirelli P Zero Nero AS Plus and Conti DWS 06 , no one in Canada could beat em, its also about ease of installation and tire rotation. pair it with rebates and its even a better deal especially if you have Volco local where you can get installation done. Also you dont need to deal with the lineup
How can I be broke when I am saving so much?
May 3, 2016
837 posts
667 upvotes
I cant confirm if this is the case for everyone across Canada - but I had my Pirellis installed and noticed that the 1cent install is only valid till 23rd September - Sunday (Pirelli poster at Brampton Costco - sorry forgot to take pics)

As in you have to buy by the end of Sunday to have it count as 1cent .

Just an FYI if anyone is waiting to buy.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 3, 2004
6348 posts
1610 upvotes
saad29 wrote: I cant confirm if this is the case for everyone across Canada - but I had my Pirellis installed and noticed that the 1cent install is only valid till 23rd September - Sunday (Pirelli poster at Brampton Costco - sorry forgot to take pics)

The promo is good until 23rd. But the latest yiu can get it installed is 14 days after purchase
Aug 31, 2006
673 posts
502 upvotes
Calgary
champ91 wrote: The promo is good until 23rd. But the latest yiu can get it installed is 14 days after purchase
They've already discounted it at purchase, i doubt they would look into it much if at all.

I bought mine last Thurs, and have an appointment for the 10th. That'll be 3 weeks from point of sale.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 19, 2015
7295 posts
71693 upvotes
saad29 wrote: I cant confirm if this is the case for everyone across Canada - but I had my Pirellis installed and noticed that the 1cent install is only valid till 23rd September - Sunday (Pirelli poster at Brampton Costco - sorry forgot to take pics)

I spoke to my local Costco and they understand that no one wants to put snow tires on in the first week of October.
They suggested wait till September 23 to buy they, take abou 7 days to arrive. Ask long as you put them on within 21 days of arriving, no problem. That should work out till at least October 21st.
Deal Addict
May 13, 2011
1408 posts
830 upvotes
Ajax
kaiseki wrote: The one where people that aren't able to get an appointment right away are stuck having to wait all day to hopefully get one in person.

It's common knowledge that this happens every year when Costco starts selling winter tires, *
Just booked my appointment for my wife's car for Oct 6th at 1pm with no issues at all. I'll be booking my car for beginning of nov 2 weeks prior as I do every year at Costco with no issues. *
Last edited by MrDisco on Sep 24th, 2018 12:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: quote was edited
Deal Addict
May 13, 2011
1408 posts
830 upvotes
Ajax
Slawek wrote: SimplyTire promos will crush Costco promos
Make sure you check the manufactured year on the tires. My brother bought his winter tires from Simplytire last year and his x-ice were manufactured in 2013.
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2007
4879 posts
2787 upvotes
Ontario
SimplyTire promos will crush Costco promos for those near the GTA.
Jan 22, 2009
4 posts
Maple Ridge, BC
I've run the Michelin's for a couple of years now on my wife's Mazda6. Won't be buying again.

They are nice on snow free or wet roads, and they lose minimal air over the summer/fall in storage, but I find they are terrible in the deep slush/snow that we see here in the Lower Mainland during a good dump of snow. Probably going to with either the Studded Costco Pirelli's or the General Altimax.

We'll see what Canadian Tire has on sale over the next few weeks.
Sep 15, 2014
131 posts
53 upvotes
Toronto, ON
covabwoy wrote: Make sure you check the manufactured year on the tires. My brother bought his winter tires from Simplytire last year and his x-ice were manufactured in 2013.
i purchased two sets of tires in past 5 years from simply tire and in both cases, the month and year of manufacture was within six months i installed the tire.
tires were cinturato p7 all season plus and continental winter tires
Sep 15, 2014
131 posts
53 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Alex383 wrote: They have a lot of Pirelli's in stock. I was just at Warden Costco, there are stacks of them both winter and all season. I ordered the Cinturato P7 All Season Plus, they had my (not that common) size in the warehouse, installation booked for tomorrow. 1 cent installation and $80 Costco card.
For anybody wondering, they also gave me an appointment, so no lining up at 6 am... Will update tomorrow on whether I waited or not.

just be careful with Cinturato P7 All Season Plus. i installed it in march this year and already seeing large treadwear.
Mine is now approx 7/32. can you tell me what is the tread depth in new tire
Oct 28, 2005
752 posts
607 upvotes
Slawek wrote: SimplyTire promos will crush Costco promos for those near the GTA.
Please elaborate.
Banned
Mar 13, 2018
1385 posts
679 upvotes
Slawek wrote: SimplyTire promos will crush Costco promos for those near the GTA.
If they do, it'll be a first as they've never been able to the previous years.

I'm not even including the extra 2% back for executive members and no cc surcharge at Costco with even more rewards.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)