Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Costco

2018 Fall Tire Promotion @ Costco

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 11th, 2018 12:31 pm
Sep 16, 2016
311 posts
296 upvotes
Toronto
Tried to take advantage of $20.00 Off Your Purchase of $100.00 using MasterPass. But then saw this "offer not valid.... on purchases of Costco Cash Cards, App Store & iTunes Gift Card, Gift cards, certificates and tickets, travel, tires, membership, or membership renewals." I don't even need to split the order to two two-tires.
If we can dream it, we can make it!
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
21329 posts
10938 upvotes
Oakville
Hattie917 wrote: Tried to take advantage of $20.00 Off Your Purchase of $100.00 using MasterPass. But then saw this "offer not valid.... on purchases of Costco Cash Cards, App Store & iTunes Gift Card, Gift cards, certificates and tickets, travel, tires, membership, or membership renewals." I don't even need to split the order to two two-tires.
It doesn't apply to tires, but it should apply to *wheels* if you need steelies.
Deal Addict
Feb 6, 2012
4947 posts
425 upvotes
Gloucester, Canada
just want to confirm with you folks.. if I want to buy rim and tires...
1. Order the rims from costco (they will ship to my house).
2. Order the tires from costco (4 tires + $60 installation fees) which will be ship to the Costco Location that I've selected,
3. Book an appointment with Costco for installation (bring the ordered rims with me on that day)
4. No extra installation fees due to new rims purchase (Assuming the $60 installation fee cover this)
5. Get $70 costco Cash card a few weeks later

Are the steps sound about right?

Thanks in advance
sign by: someone
May 7, 2017
422 posts
223 upvotes
Ordered michelin tires on the 2nd Oct. Installed on the 9th Oct. And got the cash card last week.
Sep 18, 2017
963 posts
1581 upvotes
Vancouver
Lostwords wrote: just want to confirm with you folks.. if I want to buy rim and tires...
1. Order the rims from costco (they will ship to my house).
2. Order the tires from costco (4 tires + $60 installation fees) which will be ship to the Costco Location that I've selected,
3. Book an appointment with Costco for installation (bring the ordered rims with me on that day)
4. No extra installation fees due to new rims purchase (Assuming the $60 installation fee cover this)
5. Get $70 costco Cash card a few weeks later

Are the steps sound about right?

Thanks in advance
Do we have confirmation on this?
Jul 31, 2004
344 posts
326 upvotes
Unionville
The cash card shows up as an ecash card in your email. They don't mail a card out.. in case people didn't know.
Jul 31, 2004
344 posts
326 upvotes
Unionville
BravoCharlie wrote: I'm in Alberta, and mine was a physical card that arrived in the mail weeks after my tires were ordered, just FYI.
That's interesting.. maybe it's dependent on location. It's the first time I got an ecash card through email from Costco. I was waiting for a physical card in the mail after everyone said they were getting cards and was surprised mine showed up in my email.
Deal Expert
Aug 18, 2005
21223 posts
5939 upvotes
Burlington-Hamilton
User106820 wrote: I have had x ice winter tires on a new civic for 1 season. All 4 Tires split and costo had to refund me the remainder of the leftover tread. So I lost 400$ worth of winter tires in one season. They explained sometimes you get a bad batch of tires...idk. Michelin xice were dissapointing. However the costco staff were exceptional. Trying bridgstone this year. They are cheaper. Hopefully they wont malfunction.
I just used my WS-80 for 5 years, and switched them out for Xi3 starting this year.
For my personal usage patterns, the Xi3 seem to be better. In the GTA you are not driving around in deep snow very often.
I go on the highway a lot, and the Xi3 are a BIG improvement for me compared to WS-80.
Under these conditions, the Xi3 are a lot more smooth with less road noise, simply a lot better on the highway compared to the WS-80.
That said, both the WS-80 and Xi3 are massive improvements compared to driving all season tires in the Winter!

But if you are an Ottawa / Montreal person, The WS80 is probably a better choice as it is undeniably superior in deep snow and heavy slush conditions compared to the Xi3.
- casual gastronomist -
Nov 11, 2018
217 posts
150 upvotes
London, ON
BravoCharlie wrote: This is exactly right, yes.
Will they call us to book an appointment once the tires come in? The location I had them shipped to doesn't have any slots open on the online appointment system for the next 2 weeks :(
Aug 21, 2004
263 posts
303 upvotes
Moncton
Jucius Maximus wrote: I just used my WS-80 for 5 years, and switched them out for Xi3 starting this year.
For my personal usage patterns, the Xi3 seem to be better. In the GTA you are not driving around in deep snow very often.
I go on the highway a lot, and the Xi3 are a BIG improvement for me compared to WS-80.
Under these conditions, the Xi3 are a lot more smooth with less road noise, simply a lot better on the highway compared to the WS-80.
That said, both the WS-80 and Xi3 are massive improvements compared to driving all season tires in the Winter!

But if you are an Ottawa / Montreal person, The WS80 is probably a better choice as it is undeniably superior in deep snow and heavy slush conditions compared to the Xi3.
Any idea for Moncton or Atlantic area? I would think that it's more wet/deep snow? It's my first winter here and I'm from the prairies. Also heard they have freezing rain so maybe I need more ice protection...
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2008
1699 posts
1088 upvotes
kaddu747 wrote: Will they call us to book an appointment once the tires come in? The location I had them shipped to doesn't have any slots open on the online appointment system for the next 2 weeks :(
My location called me on Friday and gave me appointment for this Sunday.

But I would call them if I were you.
Deal Expert
Aug 18, 2005
21223 posts
5939 upvotes
Burlington-Hamilton
MonChoon wrote: Any idea for Moncton or Atlantic area? I would think that it's more wet/deep snow? It's my first winter here and I'm from the prairies. Also heard they have freezing rain so maybe I need more ice protection...
I have to claim ignorance here as I am no expert in Atlantic road conditions.
As I understand it, their Winters are much more severe than in the Toronto area, so I would first go for a studded tire like a Gislaved or Nokian if it's legal.
Failing that, I would rank the WS80 above the Xi3 for those conditions. Those 2 tires will be about equal for ice, assuming they are the same fitment size.
- casual gastronomist -
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2003
19892 posts
4109 upvotes
9347934 downvotes
Well, I'm a little choked at Costco right now. I wanted to get some all-weather (year round tire with a snowflake) for my wife's SUV, so I asked at the tire counter if they had the BFG Advantage TA Sport LT. They said that they had the Mich Premier LTX which was all-weather. I had done a bit of looking and I didn't think that this was an all-weather tire with a snowflake, but at the tire desk she insisted it was. I asked 3 time, the last time I asked if she was absolutely sure it had a snowflake, and she said it did.

And it turns out that it doesn't. I checked online when I got home.

I've already paid and booked an appointment so now I gotta to back and cancel. What a pain in the ass.
Nov 4, 2010
191 posts
79 upvotes
Vancouver
Has anybody had issues with Costco not selling/installing tires that match the factory sizing? I'm looking at grabbing some BFG K02's for my 2010 Tacoma, but my buddy just told me that a few years ago they wouldn't install tires for him that were just a tiny bit bigger than the factory size for his vehicle...?
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2003
19892 posts
4109 upvotes
9347934 downvotes
malarkey01 wrote: Has anybody had issues with Costco not selling/installing tires that match the factory sizing? I'm looking at grabbing some BFG K02's for my 2010 Tacoma, but my buddy just told me that a few years ago they wouldn't install tires for him that were just a tiny bit bigger than the factory size for his vehicle...?
I've heard that too. I had that issue at Walmart. They wouldn't install 265s on my old pickup because the placard said 245, even though 265 was a factory option for that model.

But what's strange is that Costco carries 35" BFG ATs.... which isn't a size that anything comes in from the factory that I know of. (315/75/16) If they don't install non-OEM sizes, why do they carry non-OEM sizes?

It might be a YMMV thing.

But... if you bring in just the wheels, they might do it. But then you may not have a warranty on them. It's best to go in and talk to someone.
Nov 4, 2010
191 posts
79 upvotes
Vancouver
Thanks for your reply. Yes, I do plan to go in forsure. Just wanted to see if anybody else has come across this before...kinda frustrating if so
Nov 9, 2013
759 posts
288 upvotes
Vancouver
malarkey01 wrote: Thanks for your reply. Yes, I do plan to go in forsure. Just wanted to see if anybody else has come across this before...kinda frustrating if so
As mentioned they will do it with just the wheels no problem. When I asked about oversize tires I was told that within a certain percentage is doable. Also, if they will clear with no rubbing. Best to go ask and confirm.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2001
6584 posts
1749 upvotes
rural ontario
malarkey01 wrote: Has anybody had issues with Costco not selling/installing tires that match the factory sizing? I'm looking at grabbing some BFG K02's for my 2010 Tacoma, but my buddy just told me that a few years ago they wouldn't install tires for him that were just a tiny bit bigger than the factory size for his vehicle...?
They will follow manufacturer specs when they put it on your car, they don't want problems. If you want something different, bring in just the rims and they will mount anything you want to them.
72 69 6c 6c 65 73
Nov 13, 2018
1 posts
1 upvote
russbarden wrote: Not sure what the cost to swap is but honestly you'll save a lot of time and headache by going with steelies
And also, when you need new tires, you just drop off the old tires in the morning and then pick them up in the afternoon/evening. You install them on your car at your own leisure.
Sep 19, 2012
626 posts
353 upvotes
Kitchener
champ91 wrote: You missed out on the gift card ($80) and free install ($60)

I got them earlier this month. But was forced to install them in Oct due to the promo.

I would choose ones that are on sale. The continental winter si are usually on sale at canadian tire. They have really good reviews
Did you ever receive this gift card? I'm at week 8 now and still no gift card.

Did anyone else who bought Pirelli's after September 17 get their cash card yet?