Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Costco

2019 Spring Tire Promotion

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 18th, 2019 11:14 am
Deal Addict
Oct 16, 2005
1746 posts
1010 upvotes
Simplytire has cheaper pricing I see for some tires for my Passat TDI.

Does Costco price match?
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
27157 posts
37132 upvotes
froesesp wrote: Air is already mostly nitrogen.
True, but it helps to go full Nitrogen.
I aim to be inclusive and considerate of others in my posts. If I fall short of that mark, feel free to let me know in good faith, and where appropriate, I'll edit my posts. Thank you.
Deal Addict
Dec 15, 2006
1214 posts
867 upvotes
Ottawa
shinku wrote: Personally I've bought tires from Kal tires, Sears and Costco. And Costco's after sales service is unmatched. Simple things like free tire rotations if you don't want to do it yourself whereas other places charge you $25/tire.
$100 for a tire rotation? You need to shop around. Midas sends out a coupon for an oil change and tire rotation for $33.33.
Feb 22, 2017
429 posts
513 upvotes
Canada
redflagdealsguy wrote: True, but it helps to go full Nitrogen.
If nitrogen leaks less than the other parts of air, then each time you top up with air it's becoming more and more nitrogen in your tire. 100 percent? No, but either the air leaks quickly and you'll hit 99 percent nitrogen soon enough, or it doesn't matter and it's a cash grab. There's no value prop for nitrogen. It is a gimmick for consumer purposes.
Sep 20, 2008
27 posts
5 upvotes
Kitchener
turbos007 wrote: Costco Spring Tire Promotion is back. Installation is $15/ tire and it includes nitrogen inflation. The Installation Package also includes Lifetime Maintenance Services that extend throughout the life of the tires you purchase. (some limits may apply). These Lifetime services include inflation pressure checks, tire balancing, tire rotations, as well as flat repairs.
I purchased winter tires and rims and had them installed last fall at Costco... this mean they will put my summer tires and rims back on free of charge?? And rotate every seasonal change free of charge even though i only bought the winter tires there?
May 30, 2015
364 posts
334 upvotes
GTA
WyldWolf wrote: I purchased winter tires and rims and had them installed last fall at Costco... this mean they will put my summer tires and rims back on free of charge?? And rotate every seasonal change free of charge even though i only bought the winter tires there?
- I would also be interested to know the answer to this question.
- I purchased my All Seasons + Winter Tires + Steel Rims (used for the winter tires) from Costco, a few years ago.
- When I went to Costco for tire swapping (in November and in April) they always charged me about $6/wheel (both sets of tires were already installed on their own rims: steel rims for the Winter tires, and the original rims of the car for All Seasons tires).

- On the other hand, I just don't see them doing the swapping for free.

So, I am not sure how to interpret that advertising about free tire rotations. But, as I write this, I am thinking that tire rotation does not mean seasonal tire swapping (from Winter to All Seasons and back), but rather changing the position where the tires/wheels are mounted, so that the tires have a uniform wear. I think that they do rotation when they do seasonal swapping, but they do not charge for rotation.
Last edited by pishta on Mar 10th, 2019 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dec 1, 2007
122 posts
42 upvotes
Toronto
chinesedevil wrote: If the difference is minimal, just do it at Costco for the warranty and customer service IMO.
Agreed. I had my new tires installed from Costco, it was just before that wind storm last spring, and so I ended up with a nail in my BRAND NEW tire from all the homes losing shingles. Costco patched and plugged it for free. Plus I was told they have to do it if you want the tires under their warranty - I was going to plug it myself.
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2005
3432 posts
1397 upvotes
Lévis
I don't see this promotion advertised anywhere. Link please?
Pourquoi pas?
Nov 13, 2018
116 posts
162 upvotes
daveinsurgent wrote: If nitrogen leaks less than the other parts of air, then each time you top up with air it's becoming more and more nitrogen in your tire. 100 percent? No, but either the air leaks quickly and you'll hit 99 percent nitrogen soon enough, or it doesn't matter and it's a cash grab. There's no value prop for nitrogen. It is a gimmick for consumer purposes.
I think it isn't about leaking but more to do with maintaining the same tire pressure with temperature fluctuation.
Deal Expert
Jun 12, 2007
20807 posts
6623 upvotes
London
cristianosham wrote: Nitrogen is a cash grab, before nitrogen everyone used air for tires.
1. It’s free at Costco
2. It’s not 100% nitrogen, I think it’s closer to 98%
3. Less pressure variation with temp as other poster said
4. There’s less moisture so the internal rubber deteriorates less
Jan 29, 2017
345 posts
178 upvotes
just wanted to chime in with a bad experience i've had/having with costco tires:

bought pirelli scorpion verdes in may 2018 from costco for my 2004 4runner

got a flat tire on feb 8th, ran over a nail. after putting air in realized it was a slow leak. made an appointment feb 12th at langley Costco. was pleased to find it's still under warranty.

i thouht they would be replacing it during this hour long appointment, but they only looked at it and said it wasn't repairable. plus put on my full size sparse, which is fine. had to order the tire in, they said it would be a few days and they would call me.

fast forward to now, almost a month later.i'm still driving on my spare. 30+ phone calls (25 of which went answered), two in person visits while shopping there for other things. talking to a manager once. no contact coming from their end, i had to initiate everything. story has remarkably stayed basically the same. it's always a few days away until it will arrive...sure. last week they finally gave me a concrete date, this past friday march 8th. lo and behold...nothing. no contact again.

beyond fed up, never had a bad experience at Costco or even had to return anything there. not really sure what to do but besides keep waiting, i have a 80km daily commute and i don't love driving on the spare so long.

/end rant
Nov 25, 2018
164 posts
221 upvotes
l69norm wrote: 1. It’s free at Costco
2. It’s not 100% nitrogen, I think it’s closer to 98%
3. Less pressure variation with temp as other poster said
4. There’s less moisture so the internal rubber deteriorates less
less than what? have you ever heard of somebody rotting the inside of their tires out before the tread is done?
grocery getter cards and even non super/hyper cars when pushed to limits of lateral grip do not need to care about pressure variations. you will not see a return at the pump for how much temperature difference you see moving vs standi g still as the tires are constantly cooled by airflow.

it is a gimmick for normal consumers, nothing more.

free is one thing. why the f not. youre not gaining but you arent losing either. except toping up at a station renders argument moot.

paid is stupid.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2001
6586 posts
1749 upvotes
rural ontario
stagefright wrote: just wanted to chime in with a bad experience i've had/having with costco tires:

bought pirelli scorpion verdes in may 2018 from costco for my 2004 4runner

got a flat tire on feb 8th, ran over a nail. after putting air in realized it was a slow leak. made an appointment feb 12th at langley Costco. was pleased to find it's still under warranty.

i thouht they would be replacing it during this hour long appointment, but they only looked at it and said it wasn't repairable. plus put on my full size sparse, which is fine. had to order the tire in, they said it would be a few days and they would call me.

fast forward to now, almost a month later.i'm still driving on my spare. 30+ phone calls (25 of which went answered), two in person visits while shopping there for other things. talking to a manager once. no contact coming from their end, i had to initiate everything. story has remarkably stayed basically the same. it's always a few days away until it will arrive...sure. last week they finally gave me a concrete date, this past friday march 8th. lo and behold...nothing. no contact again.

beyond fed up, never had a bad experience at Costco or even had to return anything there. not really sure what to do but besides keep waiting, i have a 80km daily commute and i don't love driving on the spare so long.

/end rant
That may be out of Costco's control - they don't keep much tire inventory and may be at the mercy of wholesalers who in turn jerk costco around with special orders.
72 69 6c 6c 65 73
Deal Expert
Jun 12, 2007
20807 posts
6623 upvotes
London
stagefright wrote: just wanted to chime in with a bad experience i've had/having with costco tires:
/end rant
I heard almost the exact same story from another guy, except it was on a dodge minivan and I believe it was a Michelin tire. He couldn’t keep driving on the donut spare, so the van had been laid up waiting for a replacement tire. Fortunately, he could borrow a car in the meantime
Deal Expert
Jun 12, 2007
20807 posts
6623 upvotes
London
zippythechimp wrote: less than what? have you ever heard of somebody rotting the inside of their tires out before the tread is done?
grocery getter cards and even non super/hyper cars when pushed to limits of lateral grip do not need to care about pressure variations. you will not see a return at the pump for how much temperature difference you see moving vs standi g still as the tires are constantly cooled by airflow.

it is a gimmick for normal consumers, nothing more.

free is one thing. why the f not. youre not gaining but you arent losing either. except toping up at a station renders argument moot.

paid is stupid.
Yes, I had a set of Michelin Symmetry tires which were 7 years old where this occurred. The tires kept losing air and it turned out that the inner tire liners were compromised
Mar 10, 2019
2 posts
Long time lurker and first time posting on Redflag (please be kind!)
I’m not a Costco member (single person household) but my bf is a member.
I need new all seasons. I have old all seasons on rims. Currently driving on snow tires on the ugly rims.

Question # 1. What is the Costco procedure for tires?
1. Do you go in person to order tires? Or can you order online (preferred)? Or do you phone in? Assume I will need member number; but I ordered on Costco.ca without member number before.
2. Do they notify buyer when tires are in (by email or phone)?
3. I book appointment online to get tires installed, and does it have to be done by certain time after tires are in?
4. I’m looking to have this done in April. Is there a best time to order the tires.

Question #2 - I’m considering the Pirelli Cinturato P7 All Season Plus; for some reason there are 2 models for this tire. One for $144.99 and other for $139.99. Same size, same load. Only diff is speed rating. V and H respectively. Does it matter if I’m a city regular driver? On highway I don’t usually go above 120 km/hr. Is the more $ tire a better tire?

Thanks I’m advance for your expertise!
Mar 2, 2016
862 posts
1248 upvotes
Toronto
Don't mean to derail the thread, but does anyone know where to find cheap steel rims? Does Costco sell them? I'm looking for 19" ones. Already got the tires.
Koodo|Fido|Tangerine|EQ|AMEX|Plastiq|eBates|TopCashBack|Mr. Rebates|Great Canadian Rebates|RocketMiles
BRIM|AwardWallet|uber|Lyft|airBNB|uberEats|DoorDash|Skip the Dishes|Ritual
Deal Expert
Jun 12, 2007
20807 posts
6623 upvotes
London
JamesPlomppy wrote: Don't mean to derail the thread, but does anyone know where to find cheap steel rims? Does Costco sell them? I'm looking for 19" ones. Already got the tires.
Yes, they have to be ordered off Costco.ca and delivered to your house. Make an installation appt and take the new rims and your tires to the store. I’m pretty sure that they don’t stock in store.
Jan 13, 2012
565 posts
617 upvotes
Vancouver
JamesPlomppy wrote: Don't mean to derail the thread, but does anyone know where to find cheap steel rims? Does Costco sell them? I'm looking for 19" ones. Already got the tires.
19 inch steel wheels aren't particularly common or cheap, I'd say your best bet is to find a used set of nicer aluminum wheels on kijiji/craigslist seeing as you already have the tires. If you didn't have the tires I'd recommend downsizing to 18's, especially for winter.
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2005
3432 posts
1397 upvotes
Lévis
It's live for Pirelli.
Now I have to decide between Pirelli P4 (400$ - 80$) or Michelin defender T+H (480$ - 70$).
Last edited by SPARTACVS on Mar 12th, 2019 8:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Pourquoi pas?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)