[OP]
May 16, 2012
12 posts
36 upvotes
EAST YORK

[Costco] 3 pack Coppertone SPF 30 spray sunscreen 6.97

Saw this at Costco Waterloo today:
2017-09-24 16.07.05.jpg
If you decide to buy, check the expiry date. The boxes at the front expired in April 2018 (useless unless you go on vacation), while the boxes behind expired Feb 2019 so would be good to use for next summer.
14 replies
Sep 18, 2004
968 posts
381 upvotes
dfer43 wrote: Walmart is potentially cheaper at $2 per bottle. amazon-com-50-off-coppertone-sunscreen- ... #p28262082
Walmart essentially the same price because if you use the $3 save.ca coupon, it subtracts after tax is applied, which means it comes out to $2.34 per bottle per tax. But, good thing about Wal-Mart is that they have different varieties of Coppertone lotions and sprays that you can get for that price.
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2016
1220 posts
991 upvotes
Airbum88 wrote: Walmart essentially the same price because if you use the $3 save.ca coupon, it subtracts after tax is applied, which means it comes out to $2.34 per bottle per tax. But, good thing about Wal-Mart is that they have different varieties of Coppertone lotions and sprays that you can get for that price.
Thanks, the point is separate. The end of the summer, don't need to buy like 3 bottles.
Sep 4, 2014
107 posts
45 upvotes
Calgary
Airbum88 wrote: Walmart essentially the same price because if you use the $3 save.ca coupon, it subtracts after tax is applied, which means it comes out to $2.34 per bottle per tax. But, good thing about Wal-Mart is that they have different varieties of Coppertone lotions and sprays that you can get for that price.
Thanks for pointing this out!
Oct 17, 2012
287 posts
564 upvotes
malcom1666 wrote:
Thanks, the point is separate. The end of the summer, don't need to buy like 3 bottles.
You could buy for next year though which is what I'm doing.

Anyways walked to Walmart today and there is a decent selection of lotions and sprays. The 60 SPF sprays only come single in 177 mL cans while lotions come in 237 mL sizes. There was a 30 SPF spray can which was around 222 mL. Think this is the same size that's in the picture above. There was only one can left though. Assuming you can find that can and have the coupon, after Ontario tax it comes to about 1.2 cents per mL which is the same as that Costco 3-pack. And keep in mind the coupon can only be used once but if you want you can make multiple save.ca accounts. Oh and idk about the cans but the lotions expired 2019 September or October.
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2016
1220 posts
991 upvotes
Crackass wrote: You could buy for next year though which is what I'm doing.

Anyways walked to Walmart today and there is a decent selection of lotions and sprays. The 60 SPF sprays only come single in 177 mL cans while lotions come in 237 mL sizes. There was a 30 SPF spray can which was around 222 mL. Think this is the same size that's in the picture above. There was only one can left though. Assuming you can find that can and have the coupon, after Ontario tax it comes to about 1.2 cents per mL which is the same as that Costco 3-pack. And keep in mind the coupon can only be used once but if you want you can make multiple save.ca accounts. Oh and idk about the cans but the lotions expired 2019 September or October.
Thanks for point out the expired year, hopefully I can find the same as yours.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 17, 2005
9248 posts
10829 upvotes
IF you don't need that many.... Check out your local Shoppers Drug Mart. I've seen a few locations blowing out the high spf spray ones for cheap. The SPF85 one's have 2020 expiry. I loaded up b/c going on a Cruise in December

Images
  • upload.jpg
  • upload.jpg
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2008
1423 posts
1422 upvotes
Airdrie
I will keep my eye out for sunscreen, usually don't think about it this time of year then end up paying $12/bottle in the summer.
Apr 14, 2015
580 posts
175 upvotes
Tsuu T'Ina, AB
Wait, sunscreen expires?? How did I not know that?
Sep 12, 2007
551 posts
223 upvotes
Ottawa
What? No downhill or cross country skiers on RFD, lol.
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2007
4024 posts
1557 upvotes
Montreal
lkovacs wrote: What? No downhill or cross country skiers on RFD, lol.
A spray wouldn't be my first choice for sunscreen for skiing since you normally would only be applying it to your face and neck. Also, the size of these aren't great for bringing with you skiing ... better to bring a small bottle of sunscreen in cream form.
Deal Addict
Jul 17, 2009
1279 posts
391 upvotes
spray seems to only be convinient if you don't want to touch the other person, cream just seems better
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2012
15340 posts
9896 upvotes
Southern Ontario
The spray should be rubbed in as well, too often people get misted and think that's it.

None at Ancaster Costco but going to Walmart with coupon, or Shoppers clearance.
Oct 4, 2010
782 posts
414 upvotes
Surrey
i really dislike the Coppertone spray because it feels sticky and messy. Also smells like its filled with alcohol, similar to hairspray.