Black Friday & Cyber Monday Deals 2019

[Costco] $330.79 Apple Ipad 10.2, 32GB A10 Fusion Chip (HOT)

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 9th, 2019 9:51 am
Dec 25, 2009
819 posts
187 upvotes
Homer88 wrote: I don't know what you guys with your iPads but I think the A10 is more than enough...
I was actually wondering about this too. I mean it's not a laptop that you're going to do some heavy gaming on or heavy video editing. Why wouldn't this chip be enough?
Jul 12, 2015
73 posts
20 upvotes
Oakville, ON
By the way the store in central Mississauga also has inventory of all colours.
Jul 24, 2013
121 posts
9 upvotes
Bandits29 wrote: By the way the store in central Mississauga also has inventory of all colours.
in store price?
Oct 2, 2015
314 posts
140 upvotes
Outremont, QC
Sadly I want Gold but only Silver's available for base model
Nov 21, 2012
616 posts
487 upvotes
Toronto
wadokai wrote: I was actually wondering about this too. I mean it's not a laptop that you're going to do some heavy gaming on or heavy video editing. Why wouldn't this chip be enough?
For some reason, just because the A10 is an older chip, certain people suddenly think the chip is obsolete and can't do anything anymore. It's a very capable processor and you won't even notice a difference in everyday apps compared to the A12.

The A12 matters more, as you said, for when you want to do heavy image/audio/video editing and heavy gaming, which a lot of casual users don't really care about -- it's primarily a media consumption device for them. Even then, I've seen video reviews of people doing 4K video editing on the 6th gen iPad, so the processor is more than capable and it will still run all the apps and games in the App Store.

As for the non-laminated screen, you can look at it the other way and say the base model iPad is sturdier as well as easier to repair than the laminated iPad Air and Pro, which are more prone to bending/breakage -- I know there was a lot of controversy with the 2018 iPad Pros bending easily.
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2012
1747 posts
2603 upvotes
I know this is the Costco 7th gen thread, but this YMMV might interest some of you who want to take a chance with maybe getting an iPad Air for $100 off.

I'll quote myself from the Staples thread.
Definitely YMMV and will require returning stuff if you do it, but I was able to get the iPad Air 10.5 for $100 off. I went with the 256GB, but it could work with the 64GB as well. Which would make the deal even better for those of you who don't mind lower capacity.

256GB - from $849.99 down to $749.99
64GB - from $649.99 down to $549.99

Staples has their Black Friday iPad Air bundle deal still going on until tomorrow. Buy the Air and the smart keyboard, and get $100 off the bundle. I got Best Buy to agree to PM the bundle, but I mentioned that it was $100 off the iPad if you bought the smart keyboard along with it. So my receipt has them as 2 separate items, and not a bundle deal. $100 off the iPad Air, and full price for the smart keyboard. Return the smart keyboard later, and keep the Air at the discounted price.

Again YMMV, but worth a shot if you want to go for an Air over the base model.
flyer.JPG
Feb 17, 2005
826 posts
212 upvotes
Did anyone receive theirs yet? Is it packed in a brown box or just as is with a shipping label on top ?
Jul 6, 2010
421 posts
804 upvotes
Toronto
porkchopbread wrote: Did anyone receive theirs yet? Is it packed in a brown box or just as is with a shipping label on top ?
It arrived in a white padded envelope.
i am upside down
Nov 9, 2011
915 posts
810 upvotes
Toronto
Anyone else ordered on Thursday and still waiting for UPS delivery? Mine was supposed to be delivered on Friday (shipped from Concord to North York). It's Tuesday and it is still "in transit" - they removed the expected delivery date.