Costco

$399 or less - Happy Hop Shark Cave Adventure Airflow Water Slide

• Last Updated:
  • May 31st, 2022 4:07 pm
13 replies
Oct 31, 2017
9 posts
2 upvotes
Anyone in Montreal/Laval want one of these? I’ll order 3 of them and we can all get a nice discount.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 21, 2003
5460 posts
2732 upvotes
Stoney Creek, ON
DannyV656 wrote: Anyone in Montreal/Laval want one of these? I’ll order 3 of them and we can all get a nice discount.
I sure wish you were close to me. I’d be all in on a group buy. My daughter would absolutely love this.
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2002
3465 posts
882 upvotes
I got one of these a couple weeks back and the kids tested it. Bought one today with the 20% and will be returning the old. My observations:

If you aren't pumping water through it, the slide isn't slippery.
100 lb weight limit on the slide, sorry adults and fat/older kids.
Lots of foaming and air bubbles from the seams. Not sure if water is getting into the seams once the fan turns off though.
Hopefully you have good drainage cause it's a lot of water you'll be emptying. I could only find one valve at the bottom of the pool and unfortunately for me, it was not oriented with the lowest point of my backyard. I pressed down the edges until sufficient water was out before I could flip it over.
We haven't bothered to pack it into the tiny, thin nylon bag it comes in. Not even sure how we'll get it small enough to fit.

But the kids love it, so...
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2005
4161 posts
1775 upvotes
Saw this instore for $489 or $500 and really wanted to get it. It was fully blown up and hung above the display and I kept staring at it wherever I walked.

Really want to get it but I must hold off…….
Apr 2, 2008
690 posts
357 upvotes
goob3r wrote: I got one of these a couple weeks back and the kids tested it. Bought one today with the 20% and will be returning the old. My observations:

Lots of foaming and air bubbles from the seams. Not sure if water is getting into the seams once the fan turns off though.
Hopefully you have good drainage cause it's a lot of water you'll be emptying. I could only find one valve at the bottom of the pool and unfortunately for me, it was not oriented with the lowest point of my backyard. I pressed down the edges until sufficient water was out before I could flip it over.
We haven't bothered to pack it into the tiny, thin nylon bag it comes in. Not even sure how we'll get it small enough to fit.

You can slightly open the water valve to save water instead of fully open it. I run water through a very very long hose to have some warm water and switch to a different hose when the water turn ice cold.
Save a lot but end up spending more :confused:
Jan 5, 2007
405 posts
207 upvotes
bluewish wrote: You can slightly open the water valve to save water instead of fully open it. I run water through a very very long hose to have some warm water and switch to a different hose when the water turn ice cold.
Do you run the hose from an inside tap? Tempted with this, used a rental Little Tykes for a kids birthday a couple years ago. My main concerns are for my lawn, and also because tap water is usually really cold (not great for a birthday at the end of August).
Dec 15, 2017
973 posts
1407 upvotes
Vancouver
goob3r wrote: I got one of these a couple weeks back and the kids tested it. Bought one today with the 20% and will be returning the old. My observations:

I agree with the "Hopefully you have good drainage cause it's a lot of water you'll be emptying." because my lawn last year was destroyed with the amount of water flowing in one direction that it flooded into my flower bed and onto the streets lol....

Probably ideal for back yards with even ground. Now the kids just get a bouncing castle and a water table.
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2004
3106 posts
1442 upvotes
Can’t speak to the quality of this slide, but I’ve had a larger blow-up slide for a number of years now for my kids and even in more expensive quality ones, the seams are supposed to bubble and let air out.

In regards to the water after you are done with the inflatable, I usually just let the blowup deflate and the water spread across my backyard, but on the occasions where we’ve oriented in the yard where we don’t want the water to go (or we want to user the yard later that day and we don’t want it to be soaking wet), I use a utility pump to pump the water into a corner of my yard.

We also planned ahead when we did renos due to the same concern that somebody above bad regarding how cold tap water is even in summer, so we switched to a tankless water heater when we finished our basement both to save space and to have endless hot water and ran a hot water faucet ourself. I use a mixing hose (y-hose) to then get endless warm water (or I guess it could be hot water too) for the kids to play with all summer- best decision I ever made. Nothing worse than having the slide taken out and set up and then the kids play for 10 mins and then complain that it’s cold Face With Tears Of Joy
Apr 2, 2008
690 posts
357 upvotes
Dex wrote: Do you run the hose from an inside tap? Tempted with this, used a rental Little Tykes for a kids birthday a couple years ago. My main concerns are for my lawn, and also because tap water is usually really cold (not great for a birthday at the end of August).
No but if you run a hose from an inside tap, you can still able to use this trick. Lowes/ home depot sells an adapter for inside tap to hose (but it also depend on the type of faucet you have).
Save a lot but end up spending more :confused:
Apr 11, 2020
278 posts
489 upvotes
goob3r wrote: We haven't bothered to pack it into the tiny, thin nylon bag it comes in. Not even sure how we'll get it small enough to fit.
Storage tip that i use for the giant inflatable bouncer I have for my kids, I use an old extra large spinner luggage, fits the pump, 50ft extension, all the stakes, plus a tarp Thumbs Up Sign
Sep 1, 2017
88 posts
129 upvotes
What happens if you order 3 and return 2?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)