Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Costco

$50 off each additional pair of prescription eyeglasses/sunglasses

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 22nd, 2021 5:35 pm
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2011
1999 posts
8819 upvotes

[Costco] $50 off each additional pair of prescription eyeglasses/sunglasses

Some of you may not think that this a good deal, but I'm posting it here to archive the deal - was curious about previous sales they have had but I was not able to find previous Costco Optical deals on this site.

Lens costs start at $80
how do i remove my signature?
12 replies
Jun 23, 2016
411 posts
759 upvotes
Sudbury, ON
This MIGHT be a good deal if Costco doesn't have the same astronomical mark-up as other retail opticians. If it's the same prices, then $50 off a single pair is pretty tame.

Can anybody weigh in on Costco as a provider in terms of quality and/or price?

I really miss the Sears Optical "bogo" deals on glasses...
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2008
3973 posts
4217 upvotes
Costco is cheap dude ..... I bought a pair of Hugo Boss with prescription lenses (albeit a light prescription) for about $180 ....that's "regular" pricing
Deal Addict
Sep 14, 2012
1949 posts
2895 upvotes
Toronto
Every time I have bought glasses at Costco they always had this kind of promo..it's about as rare as furniture on sale at the Brick.
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2006
2731 posts
3962 upvotes
Costco isn't "online glasses" cheap, but I find them to be noticeably cheaper than most brick and mortar glasses retailers. Exams are thorough, selection is good, and service is Costco-level excellent.

One thing to note: frame styles and sizes vary from location to location. So if there are a few warehouses around check them out to find the perfect pair.
May 17, 2011
902 posts
913 upvotes
Toronto
noxlen wrote: This MIGHT be a good deal if Costco doesn't have the same astronomical mark-up as other retail opticians. If it's the same prices, then $50 off a single pair is pretty tame.

Can anybody weigh in on Costco as a provider in terms of quality and/or price?

I really miss the Sears Optical "bogo" deals on glasses...
We used to get our glasses at Costco but about 5 years ago they stopped carrying the super thin lenses. Since hubby and I have really bad eyes, we switched to a local eyeglass place that has good pricing. Still buy our kids glasses there and our contact lenses though. They have a good selection and as noted, specials happen often.
Deal Addict
Jul 5, 2008
2178 posts
2040 upvotes
By the Large Bay
My current glasses came from Costco. They had 50$ off the 2nd & 100$ off the 3rd when I got them. I had benefits money I had to use by YE at the time so I got a pair of glasses and two pr sunglasses (Maui Jim & Wayfarer). Don't recall if it was under 500 or under 600 but it was way cheaper than I was quoted at an optometrist
Deal Addict
Oct 22, 2009
3344 posts
1679 upvotes
Lethbridge
This is Costco's permanent "deal" - I usually get a new pair or two every year (depending on how often the kids break them or how much I have left in my HSA), and this is the regular promo for several years now.

Prices are good, but selection is very limited. They cannot order you in different sizes & frequently have styles that are discontinued or special buy from their distributors - Everything is name-brand though. As someone already pointed out, they do not carry the thinnest high index either, so if you're over -4/5, it's not ideal.
Deal Addict
May 6, 2020
1119 posts
1025 upvotes
do they have branded frames at Costco or their own brand ones?
Mar 22, 2018
61 posts
29 upvotes
Innovac wrote: do they have branded frames at Costco or their own brand ones?
They do carry brands like Rayban, Hugo Boss, Michael Kors, etc.
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2013
1124 posts
259 upvotes
Mississauga
Can anyone tell me what is the cheapest glasses I could get for kids from Costco?, I don't care about brand as my daughter break glasses so fast . Also if you know any online reliable cheap app/site please share the link

Thanks
Dec 10, 2015
118 posts
89 upvotes
Montréal
Netuser wrote: Can anyone tell me what is the cheapest glasses I could get for kids from Costco?, I don't care about brand as my daughter break glasses so fast . Also if you know any online reliable cheap app/site please share the link

Thanks
For around the past 7 years, I only bought glasses that had hinges of either 5 or 7 barrels. They're not easy to find, but so worth it. I drop my glasses 3+ times everyday and am extremely careless with them.
Deal Addict
Oct 9, 2011
1529 posts
960 upvotes
GTA
Just received their coupon book. $75 off from Feb 1 to Feb 28 is you can wait until then.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)