Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Costco

55"/65" Hisense H8809 & Q8809 $547/$847 & $497/$897 Online W/FS

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 13th, 2021 10:25 am
Deal Guru
Apr 3, 2009
10836 posts
5634 upvotes
Toronto
madhater wrote: Do they sell these models in store?
It doesn't appear so, probably online only. None of the stores here in the GTA do. Although it is possible selected stores elsewhere might stock a model or two.
I would give my life to protect your right to say something really funking stupid.

Respect your OP's. They don't get paid to do this, and don't have to come here to post their deals for you. They can all just hoard their deals in silence, if you prefer?
Deal Guru
Apr 3, 2009
10836 posts
5634 upvotes
Toronto
These TV's are back on at the same prices again until 10/31.
I would give my life to protect your right to say something really funking stupid.

Respect your OP's. They don't get paid to do this, and don't have to come here to post their deals for you. They can all just hoard their deals in silence, if you prefer?
Deal Addict
Jun 6, 2013
1082 posts
1667 upvotes
Toronto
Can’t find any info on the Q8809. What’s even the peak brightness on it?
Deal Guru
Apr 3, 2009
10836 posts
5634 upvotes
Toronto
JuniorMint wrote: Can’t find any info on the Q8809. What’s even the peak brightness on it?
Unknown, but the H8 is 700 nits. I assume that it would be equal or better than that.
Try this.
https://forums.redflagdeals.com/costco- ... #p31498028

If you are looking at the H8809 in the US it is the H8F, I believe. There is a Rtings review.
https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/hisense/h8f

Jun 10, 2013
138 posts
53 upvotes
SAINT-CONSTANT
JuniorMint wrote: Can’t find any info on the Q8809. What’s even the peak brightness on it?
The peak brightness is 700 nits as per Hisense response when I emailed them. I receive my H8809 and it had a nice crack similar to Pigchops's. There was not damage on the outside of the box.
Deal Guru
Apr 3, 2009
10836 posts
5634 upvotes
Toronto
vonsmugh wrote: The peak brightness is 700 nits as per Hisense response when I emailed them. I receive my H8809 and it had a nice crack similar to Pigchops's. There was not damage on the outside of the box.
Did you just return it or replace it? Was yours a 55" too?
Suspicious that two would have similar defects. Do you think it is a manufacturing or packaging error, or Costco's or UPS's handling?

Nov 14, 2017
376 posts
696 upvotes
Nikhilvoid wrote: They are really good value. I wish Costco had the H9F too. The Q8809 is like the H8F with quantum dots, so it'd be better than the TCL 6 series in colour gamut. But a bit dim for bright rooms or HDR, compared to the TCL.
The Q9/H9F is a Visions exclusive right now but out performs the TCL 6 Series in a number of categories at only 100nits(ish) dimmer backlight (Still performs at over 1000nits). It's game mode is amongst the fastest at its price point as well, which is a good selling point for most.

The Q8 performs in game mode just as well as the Q9, with the backlight being slightly dimmer due to a lower level of FALD backlit zones.
Nov 14, 2017
376 posts
696 upvotes
bholmes2000 wrote: My basement Reno is going to be completed any hour lol and I need a TV. Was leaning towards the TCL 6 series but not sure it’s worth the upgrade in price on the 4 series. I am almost purely basing that on reviews at CNET etc though user ratings are not as glowing.

Should I be considering these deals instead or are they all basically comparable?
The Series 4 has noticeably worse DSE due to the edge-lit display system compared to the Series 6, and also lacks Dolby Vision. With most Netflix productions supporting DV now, there is a noticable difference in contrast and more true to life HDR effects on the Series 6 compared to the Series 4 if quality is a priority. The bezel is also a lot nicer on the Series 6 as the Series 4 is made of a cheap mix of glossy flat plastic and textured plastic on the bottom. My Series 4 has a bit of distracting light leak on the bottom bezel where there is a small seperation between the two materials used.

IMO a Series 4 is a great secondary TV, but not one I would put in a main living area. I Have a Hisense R6107 I migrated from my office to my main living area and it out performs my Series 4 by miles in build and picture quality for roughly the same price, and replaced my office panel with the Hisense Q9.
Deal Guru
Apr 3, 2009
10836 posts
5634 upvotes
Toronto
ArtisticBison wrote: The Series 4 has noticeably worse DSE due to the edge-lit display system compared to the Series 6, and also lacks Dolby Vision. With most Netflix productions supporting DV now, there is a noticable difference in contrast and more true to life HDR effects on the Series 6 compared to the Series 4 if quality is a priority. The bezel is also a lot nicer on the Series 6 as the Series 4 is made of a cheap mix of glossy flat plastic and textured plastic on the bottom. My Series 4 has a bit of distracting light leak on the bottom bezel where there is a small seperation between the two materials used.

IMO a Series 4 is a great secondary TV, but not one I would put in a main living area. I Have a Hisense R6107 I migrated from my office to my main living area and it out performs my Series 4 by miles in build and picture quality for roughly the same price, and replaced my office panel with the Hisense Q9.
Thank you for confirming my subjective impressions.
I have a 55R6109, but no TCL 4 series to directly compare it to. I am quite satisfied with it, and thought it was likely superior to the 4 series in a couple of aspects, but really couldn't say for sure. I had the feeling that it was brighter and perhaps had better black uniformity. The sound is also very good, comparatively, I think. It puts my old Samsung plasma's sound to shame, it is much clearer and louder than I ever would have expected from a $400 TV.

Nov 14, 2017
376 posts
696 upvotes
idiotcanuck wrote: Thank you for confirming my subjective impressions.
I have a 55R6109, but no TCL 4 series to directly compare it to. I am quite satisfied with it, and thought it was likely superior to the 4 series in a couple of aspects, but really couldn't say for sure. I had the feeling that it was brighter and perhaps had better black uniformity. The sound is also very good, comparatively, I think. It puts my old Samsung plasma's sound to shame, it is much clearer and louder than I ever would have expected from a $400 TV.
The uniformity and brightness on the Hisense R6107 is MUCH better than the Series 4, along with the sound (I use 2.0 external speakers on both sets as my main audio sources, but I have tested the built in speakers on both). I do find 4K a bit softer on both panels using the built in smart features on the Roku OS compared to using an external source like a standalone Roku system, FireTV, or other system. It's more than likely a Roku OS post processing issue vs a panel/processor issue.
Deal Guru
Apr 3, 2009
10836 posts
5634 upvotes
Toronto
ArtisticBison wrote: The uniformity and brightness on the Hisense R6107 is MUCH better than the Series 4, along with the sound (I use 2.0 external speakers on both sets as my main audio sources, but I have tested the built in speakers on both). I do find 4K a bit softer on both panels using the built in smart features on the Roku OS compared to using an external source like a standalone Roku system, FireTV, or other system. It's more than likely a Roku OS post processing issue vs a panel/processor issue.
Thanks I will have to test that and try a 4K fireTV stick with the Hisense.

Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2008
1397 posts
436 upvotes
Toronto
Got the H8809 and super happy with the picture. However, one annoying and weird issue I'm having: I've connected my surround sound system using a digital optical cable and went to Menu > Sound > Advanced Settings > Digital audio out > Dolby Digital Plus which sounds great... until I turn off the TV and then back on and get no sound coming out of my speakers.

I need to dig through the previously mentioned menu settings, select a different "Digital audio out" setting, then select "Dolby Digital Plus" again and all the sudden sound is coming out of my speakers. I'm not sure why that's happening and I have to do this little dance every time the TV turns off. Anyone else having issues with digital audio out? I'm not ready to splurge on a new sound system with ARC just yet.
Deal Expert
Jan 12, 2017
23017 posts
6890 upvotes
Scarberia
FYI Model: 55H8809 is 9390ams pts on airmiles
Images
  • upload.png
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Jun 10, 2013
138 posts
53 upvotes
SAINT-CONSTANT
idiotcanuck wrote: Did you just return it or replace it? Was yours a 55" too?
Suspicious that two would have similar defects. Do you think it is a manufacturing or packaging error, or Costco's or UPS's handling?
I returned it. Hard to say if it's a UPS issue as the box was fine and showed no damage.
Deal Addict
Jun 6, 2013
1082 posts
1667 upvotes
Toronto
vonsmugh wrote: The peak brightness is 700 nits as per Hisense response when I emailed them. I receive my H8809 and it had a nice crack similar to Pigchops's. There was not damage on the outside of the box.
Thx.

Wondering if there's actually a place to compare the H8809 and Q8809 in person. It's strange that some things on the Q are better (Quantum dot) but others (dimming zones) are worse. I'm leaning towards the H8809 since it seems to be more of a known quantity and rtings has already done a pretty positive review.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 18, 2013
5659 posts
9733 upvotes
BC
JuniorMint wrote: Thx.

Wondering if there's actually a place to compare the H8809 and Q8809 in person. It's strange that some things on the Q are better (Quantum dot) but others (dimming zones) are worse. I'm leaning towards the H8809 since it seems to be more of a known quantity and rtings has already done a pretty positive review.
What size are you looking for? The series 6 55" is on clearance for $499 in some warehouses
Jun 19, 2019
75 posts
10 upvotes
Q8 looks great, wish there was a review of a direct comparo with H9F. Also prefer to buy from Costco vs Visions.
Deal Addict
Jun 6, 2013
1082 posts
1667 upvotes
Toronto
peakingduck wrote: What size are you looking for? The series 6 55" is on clearance for $499 in some warehouses
55” but none of my local Costco have it
Deal Guru
Apr 3, 2009
10836 posts
5634 upvotes
Toronto
JuniorMint wrote: 55” but none of my local Costco have it
I don't think any Costco stores stock the 8809 models. Unless there is a rare store somewhere?they're Online only. Most Costco's here only stock their exclusive entry level models, the R6109.

Deal Guru
Apr 3, 2009
10836 posts
5634 upvotes
Toronto
JuniorMint wrote: Thx.

Visions or Leons might have them, but unkown if they have demos out.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)