Expired Hot Deals

[Costco] $589.99 Samsung UN55NU7100 55” 4K TV (in store only)

  • Last Updated:
  • Apr 28th, 2019 3:39 am
[OP]
Sr. Member
Oct 14, 2014
504 posts
413 upvotes
Southern Ontario

[Costco] $589.99 Samsung UN55NU7100 55” 4K TV (in store only)

I saw the Samsung UN55NU7100 (55” 4K) TV in store at Costco Orillia for $589.99 today. The lowest I’ve seen it otherwise was $649. It’s no longer on the Costco website, so it might be clearing out.
Images
  • 90E93420-C239-4A75-B963-91FAFD5B4063.jpeg
10 replies
Deal Addict
May 25, 2009
4262 posts
543 upvotes
Toronto
The UN55NU6900 is $599.99 at bestbuy, which is better?
Member
User avatar
Jan 28, 2018
454 posts
479 upvotes
Toronto, ON
fightbriz wrote:
Apr 20th, 2019 11:22 pm
The UN55NU6900 is $599.99 at bestbuy, which is better?
This is what I found and this.
For some reason, UN55NU6900 seems slightly better than UN55NU7100 even though they are nearly the same.

That said, I've been leaning more towards Coscto because of their extended warranty option. Not sure how much a BB extended warranty would cost.

Maybe someone more knowledgeable can help.
We The North!
Deal Addict
May 25, 2009
4262 posts
543 upvotes
Toronto
michelangelo88 wrote:
Apr 21st, 2019 12:03 am
This is what I found and this.
For some reason, UN55NU6900 seems slightly better than UN55NU7100 even though they are nearly the same.

That said, I've been leaning more towards Coscto because of their extended warranty option. Not sure how much a BB extended warranty would cost.

Maybe someone more knowledgeable can help.
How much is the extended warranty at costco?

Also, it seems some specs on nu6900 are better, but i think on the whole, 7100 is better? Like input lag is significantly better on 7100.

Why do they bother making basically the same tv but slightly different, all in the same year? It doesn't make any sense..
Deal Addict
User avatar
Dec 27, 2007
1007 posts
398 upvotes
Was at Costco vaughan today specifically looking for a tv but don't think I saw this one. They had the 58 inch for $797... Unless I missed the 55
Bell Loyalty (or unloyalty) could only offer me a plan that was MORE than my pretty bad current plan $55/2GB Boyd ... 15 year customer... bye Bell. Hello Koodo and public mobile
Deal Addict
User avatar
Dec 27, 2007
1007 posts
398 upvotes
michelangelo88 wrote:
Apr 21st, 2019 12:03 am
This is what I found and this.
For some reason, UN55NU6900 seems slightly better than UN55NU7100 even though they are nearly the same.

That said, I've been leaning more towards Coscto because of their extended warranty option. Not sure how much a BB extended warranty would cost.

Maybe someone more knowledgeable can help.
Thanks for the comparison. Why do you say the 6900 seems better than the 7100? Shouldn't the 7100 be better?

Bb ext warranty on this tv is $110/2year $140/3 $160/4y. Sale price is $699 regular price is $749
Bell Loyalty (or unloyalty) could only offer me a plan that was MORE than my pretty bad current plan $55/2GB Boyd ... 15 year customer... bye Bell. Hello Koodo and public mobile
Member
User avatar
Jan 28, 2018
454 posts
479 upvotes
Toronto, ON
fightbriz wrote:
Apr 21st, 2019 12:34 am

How much is the extended warranty at costco?

Also, it seems some specs on nu6900 are better, but i think on the whole, 7100 is better? Like input lag is significantly better on 7100.

Why do they bother making basically the same tv but slightly different, all in the same year? It doesn't make any sense..
$59.99 for TV's between costing $500 & $999.99. $29.99 for anything cheaper, $99.99 for anything more expensive.
torontokris wrote:
Apr 21st, 2019 1:15 am
Thanks for the comparison. Why do you say the 6900 seems better than the 7100? Shouldn't the 7100 be better?

Bb ext warranty on this tv is $110/2year $140/3 $160/4y. Sale price is $699 regular price is $749
Yes, in theory, it should.
From what I could tell, 6900 seems to consume less power, perform better in a dark room (contrast ratio), its running temperature is slightly cooler.
That said, 7100 does have less stutter, lower input lag and very slightly better viewing angles at cost of the picture quality.

All these are just numbers though, real-life performance would be best coming from an owner of any of the TVs.

Irrespective, I, personally, would buy from Costco, cheap 5-year warranty is a life saver. The differences aren't significant enough for me to get bothered.
We The North!
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2006
2456 posts
607 upvotes
Toronto
I have a 6950. Think it’s a great budget tv. I paid $430 for an open box at bestbuy and have been happy. I believe the 7100 comes with a better remote. The 6950/6900 have a fairly crappy one where button placement for the built in apps is awful. Will likely get a budget harmony for the future. I would say PQ beats the TCL 4 series we have in the other room.
Sr. Member
User avatar
Nov 22, 2013
545 posts
427 upvotes
Toronto
tew wrote:
Apr 21st, 2019 11:37 am
Here's a comparison between the NU7100 and NU6900 https://www.rtings.com/tv/tools/compare ... 00/596/667
Great site for tv information. @tew wins the internet for the day for sharing this. Now as for the tv the thing about both is they don't have 10 bit panels which scares me off but the thing is in the review it mentions .....

"we consider 8-bit with dithering to be equivalent to 10-bit, as long as the 10-bit gradient looks smooth."

.. and so they gave these tvs a 10 rating here as they met the qualifications mentioned above.

Gut still says to get something with a 10 bit panel as I have seen it in action with those billions of colors.

Now also between these two tvs I don't think the difference in 4K gaming mode response time is worth giving up the difference in response time outside of it and so I can see why people would lean towards the 6900 version. The gaming response time isn't that bad on the 6900 version. Yes there is a difference but I don't think it would be as noticeable as people think whereas outside of gaming mode that response time really worries me with the 7100.

Anyway have been considering both of these in smaller model size at stores near me but still thinking of how much I liked my Sony X700D and it having the actual 10 bit panel is hard for me to not want in a new tv.

Top