$599 Greenworks 80V Self-propelled Mower 5Ah Battery

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 14th, 2022 11:11 pm
Deal Addict
May 23, 2008
2353 posts
442 upvotes
Vaughan, Ontario
I don’t think we’ll get it at the price anywhere GTA before the promo is expired next week. It is too good to pass at local warehouses.
Jun 21, 2012
81 posts
16 upvotes
Montreal
I purchased this with 4Ah battery on their boxing day deal for $486 + tax. I used it once so far last week and my thoughts coming from a gas mower are: this thing weighs a ton, self propelled feature is super awesome, my grass was full of weeds and tall on my 6000sq ft lawn so, I had to change my batteries 3 times. I have 2 batteries so, it helps. I bought it directly from greenworks website.
Dec 29, 2017
78 posts
45 upvotes
Poco, BC said stock not coming in until July and no idea if rain checks would be available. Does Costco issue rainchecks on the last day of the sale?
Nov 24, 2006
595 posts
360 upvotes
london
This sale can be summed up as a complete failure due to lack of inventory and no rainchecks offered
Dec 1, 2016
153 posts
188 upvotes
calgary alberta
Sounds like you just missed the sale or came too late. There was consistent stock online and locally but you had to stay on top of it.
Nov 24, 2006
595 posts
360 upvotes
london
Yes there was online inventory but nonein the warehouse for weeks. Staff at the warehouse informed me they were out of stocks after the first week I just can't justify paying an extra $100 online when there's 2 warehouse in town.
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2017
1878 posts
3984 upvotes
joe047 wrote: If you have a select cut mower try the high lift blade set. After I got this set it fixed all the issues of the mower leaving bits of tall grass uncut. I use it for it for mulching and bagging. I sold all the other blades that came with the mower.

https://www.rona.ca/en/product/ego-powe ... d-32165159
Just wanted to follow up with a big thank you. Last year when I got my ego mower I was regretting it for it’s crappy cut. Now that I switched to the high blade it is perfection. Cuts so clean it’s just like my neighbour’s gas Toro. Literally love this thing now. You can tell from the noise alone that it is a much more substantial blade and lift, makes the thing feel powerful when it’s running. I have no idea why this blade doesn’t come as the default. I didn’t use a bag and it mulches just fine. Again, thank you. Would have went through this entire season again double mowing my lawn and still not getting the quality cut I wanted.
Jul 29, 2006
392 posts
507 upvotes
Ottawa
So for those who did manage to get the mower at the sale price, what is your impression of it? Did you keep it or return it? I continued to watch YouTube reviews and they are all mixed.

I attempted to buy it 3 different times at my closest warehouse; twice on purpose and once on a normal shopping trip. After that I gave up as I was burning my savings in gas consumption.
Oct 13, 2012
65 posts
17 upvotes
Vaughan
Krime1k wrote: Just wanted to follow up with a big thank you. Last year when I got my ego mower I was regretting it for it’s crappy cut. Now that I switched to the high blade it is perfection. Cuts so clean it’s just like my neighbour’s gas Toro. Literally love this thing now. You can tell from the noise alone that it is a much more substantial blade and lift, makes the thing feel powerful when it’s running. I have no idea why this blade doesn’t come as the default. I didn’t use a bag and it mulches just fine. Again, thank you. Would have went through this entire season again double mowing my lawn and still not getting the quality cut I wanted.
Anyone use this EGO high lift blade blade mentioned by Krime1k on the Greenworks mower and does it fit? Also are there any other high lift blades to consider and would fit the greenworks? For those that have the greenworks with high lift blade what is your experience. Thx :) Too badd there are none in stock for $499 at the Costco stores. ended up having to buy online.
Sam Steele 😎
Dec 9, 2001
339 posts
75 upvotes
Oakville (Greater To…
Actually, I agree with shaolin_x. I kept a lookout to buy the lawn mower over the last month or so, and was never able to find stock. If the stock comes in 1 day a week, I'd call it a "sale failure".
Dec 1, 2016
153 posts
188 upvotes
calgary alberta
I received mine and have used it twice so far. Great mower! I'm glad I bought the self propelled version because it's heavy. With my yard being small, the battery will last months.
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2017
1878 posts
3984 upvotes
Krime1k wrote: Just wanted to follow up with a big thank you. Last year when I got my ego mower I was regretting it for it’s crappy cut. Now that I switched to the high blade it is perfection. Cuts so clean it’s just like my neighbour’s gas Toro. Literally love this thing now. You can tell from the noise alone that it is a much more substantial blade and lift, makes the thing feel powerful when it’s running. I have no idea why this blade doesn’t come as the default. I didn’t use a bag and it mulches just fine. Again, thank you. Would have went through this entire season again double mowing my lawn and still not getting the quality cut I wanted.
After using it a few cuts now I can answer my own question above. The high lift blade is not the default blade because it uses MUCH more battery power. No complaints here tho as my lawn is relatively small. I used to be able to go 3.5-4 cuts per charge with the factory installed mulching blade, now I only get 2-2.5 cuts per charge. Well worth it IMO for the 100% improvement in cut, but if you have a huge yard you might not love this.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)