[Costco] $649.99 Sonos Playbar

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 27th, 2020 9:18 am
Temp. Banned
Aug 17, 2002
2245 posts
1496 upvotes
Tee . Oh
2K6TSX wrote: Could you link to the buying guide? I’m coming from a traditional 7.1 setup but want to go wireless and more compact for a new home theatre.
People were recommending the Polk MagniFi Mini in my thread:
visions-electronics-polk-audio-voice-op ... 8-2412550/
................\ \ | / /................
(o o)
====oOOo=(_)=oOOo====
Trending Deals:
[*FREE* Glasses!] [Lenovo 28" IPS 4K 60Hz Display] [Polk Audio Subwoofer] [Cheap G-Shock Like Watch]
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2006
2985 posts
1558 upvotes
Toronto
dvdvideo wrote: The Beam has no bass compared to this speaker. Good price vs original, but still think Sonos is beyond ridiculous with the $800 subwoofers. Any bar for $900 should come with one, or at least sell one for $300-400 max.
I'm referring more to the fact that this was released in 2013 and will definitely lose support well before a beam or arc. Soundwise sure it's better than a beam, but that's worthless if you can't use it in a few years
Nov 23, 2007
50 posts
71 upvotes
steven80 wrote: according to rtings, the Playbar isnt very good and has no eARC, etc.... https://www.rtings.com/soundbar/reviews/sonos/playbar

the ARC though, does, but still not great reviews https://www.rtings.com/soundbar/reviews/sonos/arc
I have the Arc with the 3rd Gen Sub as well a 2 SL's for my master bedroom. The sound is incredible and as good if not better than my Definitive discrete setup in the living room. There are many other reviews of the Arc and some give it the sound bar of the year awards.
Oct 17, 2010
128 posts
142 upvotes
Toronto
Went through this earlier with a few vendors and landed on Bluesound. A bit more expensive, but Canadian and far better quality sound. I returned the Sonos gear after doing a side-by-side and it was no comparison.

AFAIK the Sonos ecosystem still doesn't support 24 bit transport
Jul 4, 2009
31 posts
7 upvotes
Brampton
I bought the Playbar 6 months before the Arc came out so no upgrade for me for a long time.
May 17, 2007
541 posts
150 upvotes
Toronto
johncanuck wrote: Went through this earlier with a few vendors and landed on Bluesound. A bit more expensive, but Canadian and far better quality sound. I returned the Sonos gear after doing a side-by-side and it was no comparison.

AFAIK the Sonos ecosystem still doesn't support 24 bit transport
What other setup do you have ? How much better is it?