Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Costco

65" LG OLED CX TV clearance $1999.97

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 24th, 2021 9:47 am
Tags:
Aug 23, 2020
195 posts
408 upvotes
torontokris wrote: Check the other threads there are hundreds who view these LG OLD deals. yes some ppl are fine with a regular $800 TV but if you want the best ....
Regular price is $3k on a current model
For a product that I use daily and for someone that likes to game or watch movies why not treat yourself to the best? Obviously if you are financially strapped that is different but I wouldn’t question how one spends their money. There are a ton of other things to waste your money on that will not have the longevity of a TV.

For me great TVs and beds are well worth the money spent and wouldn’t hesitate to spend a little extra for a top quality product. We all end up in the ground, enjoy life!
Apr 11, 2019
331 posts
372 upvotes
recordman wrote: You must be young. Back in the old days, we had to walk up and down the hill to and from school in the snow, computers costed $5k (a bit under $10k in today's dollars), and big tube TV's were in the thousands as well.
damn. now i feel old. i remember plasma tvs coming out and being 10k. and just regular 50" flat panel tvs being 2-4k maybe 15 years ago? although the difference was literally a huge rectangulr prism tv vs a flat panel. now the difference is just picture quality. with cheap clearance models being as low as ~300.

anyone have first person perspective with this one vs the sony thats on sale for 2k right now as well? iirc sony gets their panels from LG, but the same models are priced higher because they have better qc/qa. rtings has very similar ratings for both.
Public Mobile
Deal Addict
Apr 24, 2009
2099 posts
1824 upvotes
AB
DrDigit wrote: Dropping $2k on a tv? Thinking Face
*Espresso grinders enter the chat*
Deal Addict
Nov 27, 2003
1334 posts
978 upvotes
Ottawa
Nephelae wrote: If you roll the dice with the C1 some have the Evo screen which is theorized to be 5x more resistant to burn-in. Other than that they're both downgrades from the C9. Really shitty that they cheaped out on the HDMI and dropped DTS support.
CX and C1 have Dolby Vision @ 120Hz. That's a bonus, I think. Haven't had a chance to try it yet. Don't think the C9 supports it.
May 17, 2016
87 posts
36 upvotes
Toronto
Which is better, this or the 65” Sony Bravia at $1999?
Nov 12, 2019
340 posts
1191 upvotes
Crazy - you could buy a 1997 beige Corolla and gas for that much!
Jan 20, 2019
534 posts
975 upvotes
MasterYi wrote: Which is better, this or the 65” Sony Bravia at $1999?
Also wish to know. Sony Bravia 65" A8H model that was on sale at Best buy last week.
Mar 5, 2014
124 posts
251 upvotes
n1ckt0 wrote: Crazy - you could buy a 1997 beige Corolla and gas for that much!
Probably not the gas these days Face With Tears Of Joy
Deal Addict
Jun 12, 2018
1116 posts
1618 upvotes
Ontario
How much better is this than the TCL 65R646-CA?
Jan 5, 2017
349 posts
260 upvotes
montreal
stevo88 wrote: How much better is this than the TCL 65R646-CA?
that TCL is the best bang for buck out there (roughly), but these LG OLEDs are generally regarded as the best TVs you can get, money no option.

But you should probably do some more research. One TV is an LCD, the other is an OLED, And they're also in different price brackets. These two TVs aren't generally compared with each other.
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2008
1318 posts
1194 upvotes
This is a crazy deal.
Bought my 48cx for that much.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2018
9652 posts
10924 upvotes
Vancouver
Colin0317 wrote: Has the C1 improved a lot over the CX?
Faster processor in the C1, resulting in some minor picture processing improvements. But they also dropped the last analog input from the C1 and quietly lost the DTS licence.

Some Asian and U.S. C1s have already got the new Evo panel as production switched over, but apparently none in Canada yet. The Evo panel can go slightly brighter, but the C1 doesn't have the firmware to take advantage of that like the G1. You can check the panel type on the hidden factory menu.

You'd have to very lucky to find stock of the CX now, It was cleared out months ago. Your best bet would be some backwater in small city where some got lost in a corner of the warehouse.
Jun 6, 2018
128 posts
250 upvotes
rfdfan75 wrote: Also wish to know. Sony Bravia 65" A8H model that was on sale at Best buy last week.
Sony oled is better at everything but gaming, so if you are using the oled to mainly watch movies and videos, sony is the way to go.

Source, I have an A80J
Jan 3, 2007
458 posts
261 upvotes
kiukiumoar wrote: damn. now i feel old. i remember plasma tvs coming out and being 10k. and just regular 50" flat panel tvs being 2-4k maybe 15 years ago? although the difference was literally a huge rectangulr prism tv vs a flat panel. now the difference is just picture quality. with cheap clearance models being as low as ~300.

anyone have first person perspective with this one vs the sony thats on sale for 2k right now as well? iirc sony gets their panels from LG, but the same models are priced higher because they have better qc/qa. rtings has very similar ratings for both.
I still remember seeing something like 10k TV on the front page of Futureshop flyers like it was some real smoking hot deal or something lol
Deal Fanatic
Feb 15, 2012
5092 posts
5534 upvotes
Toronto
Same thing could be said about DSLR Lenses, high-end headphones, and GPUs.
chilli604 wrote: People drop $2k on Cell Phones annually
Touche (mic drop)
Deal Fanatic
Jul 27, 2015
5771 posts
7832 upvotes
Vegas Golden Knights…
dracolnyte wrote: Touche (mic drop)
Ha ha
Personal I wouldn't spend 2 k on a phone but 2k on a TV that I will use for 2 decades. Ooooh yeah (Cool Aid Man voice)
Jun 21, 2009
389 posts
435 upvotes
YJZSIX wrote: Sony oled is better at everything but gaming, so if you are using the oled to mainly watch movies and videos, sony is the way to go.

Source, I have an A80J
You make a contentious statement like this with nothing to back it up but your experience with A80J?

Deal Addict
Apr 17, 2011
2091 posts
2413 upvotes
Toronto
stevo88 wrote: How much better is this than the TCL 65R646-CA?
As someone who owns both the TV's it's a big difference in regards to quality. The moment you turn it on you notice it completely especially in how rich the colours are on the LG C1. It's clearly a premium TV in comparison to the TCL 5 or 6 series. That's no knock on the TCL 5 or 6 series because for what you pay with those you are also getting a great TV. It's just the LG C1 is that much better in every aspect.
XBL: Swauny Jones
PSN: SwaunyJones

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)