Jul 30, 2020
2 posts
30 upvotes

[Costco] 75" LG 4K Nanocell TV - Display Only $1289.98 YMMV

75'' NANO85 LG NanoCell TV at Costco Windsor in-store

Edit: Added price in title
Images
  • upload.jpg
Last edited by krishm20 on Jan 3rd, 2022 11:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
33 replies
Deal Addict
Mar 3, 2011
4202 posts
24171 upvotes
Good chance that this will be only at this store only.
__
Want to know the latest Costco Clearance items and prices in Ontario.. check out my thread here.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
23102 posts
28605 upvotes
Nanocell doesn't degrade like OLED. This is respectable.
Jan 2, 2017
901 posts
1264 upvotes
You may get a bunch of downvotes since only 1 available but don't get discouraged from posting. A deals a deal, regardless of how many people benefit.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 10, 2011
8957 posts
16165 upvotes
Montreal
Nev007 wrote: You may get a bunch of downvotes since only 1 available but don't get discouraged from posting. A deals a deal, regardless of how many people benefit.
Uhm, if poeple would post deals of demo with only one available, the RFD Hot deals forum would be full of useless threads. Sure I'll thank a newbie for posting but ...

For a TV, "Display only" is confusing. "Demo" would have been more appropriate.
For half price on a $3000 TV, I might go for a "display only" (no tuner) TV.
Last edited by Temporel on Jan 3rd, 2022 11:20 pm, edited 3 times in total.
May 23, 2009
857 posts
446 upvotes
Vancouver
great deal if you can get extended warranty on this baby. Base model from LG with 120hz refresh rate and hdmi 2.1 with VRR. I'd never buy demo or open box unless there was some kind of extended warranty with it.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
23102 posts
28605 upvotes
ProtossCraft wrote: great deal if you can get extended warranty on this baby. Base model from LG with 120hz refresh rate and hdmi 2.1 with VRR. I'd never buy demo or open box unless there was some kind of extended warranty with it.
Costco will honor their extended warranty, so yes, this is a decent deal.

Respectable, the deal, and OP by extension.
Jul 29, 2020
325 posts
295 upvotes
redflagdealsguy wrote: Nanocell doesn't degrade like OLED. This is respectable.
Nano cell is nothing like OLED. Nano cell is more alike QLED by Samsung

It's like a film layer for colors

QLED and Nanocell are different

And OLED is much different from thoses
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
23102 posts
28605 upvotes
Alphabet7 wrote: Nano cell is nothing like OLED. Nano cell is more alike QLED by Samsung

It's like a film layer for colors

QLED and Nanocell are different

And OLED is much different from thoses
None of that overturns my statement.

Nanocell doesn't degrade like OLED.

Furthermore, Nanocell is closer to IPS than QLED, which uses VA technology.
Jan 2, 2017
901 posts
1264 upvotes
Temporel wrote: Uhm, if poeple would post deals of demo with only one available, the RFD Hot deals forum would be full of useless threads. Sure I'll thank a newbie for posting but ...

For a TV, "Display only" is confusing. "Demo" would have been more appropriate.
For half price on a $3000 TV, I might go for a "display only" (no tuner) TV.
I agree with you regarding the display-demo wording. However I disagree on not allowing post for demo units or low stock items. These types of deals will show up and move on without it causing a real problem since the thread would die out due to people seeing there was only one unit or it would just get expired. For all we know OP could have helped a fellow rfder get the deal and that's good a enough reason to post the deal
Deal Fanatic
Apr 10, 2011
8957 posts
16165 upvotes
Montreal
Nev007 wrote: I agree with you regarding the display-demo wording. However I disagree on not allowing post for demo units or low stock items. These types of deals will show up and move on without it causing a real problem since the thread would die out due to people seeing there was only one unit or it would just get expired. For all we know OP could have helped a fellow rfder get the deal and that's good a enough reason to post the deal
Nobody is forbidding to post such deals. The question each poster should ask him/herself is: is it a good idea to post one of a kind deals? That's the question. That would turn the RFD Hot Deals forum into some kind of Kijij.

Hot Deal: There's ONE drill on sale for half price in Kelowna, BC.
Hot Deal: There's ONE Nintendo Switch Mario Kart bundle at $200 in Montreal! Quick!
Hot Deal: There's ONE pink Versace coat in Halifax at 90% off! (XS only)
Catch my drift? ;)
Jul 16, 2021
305 posts
462 upvotes
Temporel wrote: Nobody is forbidding to post such deals. The question each poster should ask him/herself is: is it a good idea to post one of a kind deals? That's the question. That would turn the RFD Hot Deals forum into some kind of Kijij.

Hot Deal: There's ONE drill on sale for half price in Kelowna, BC.
Hot Deal: There's ONE Nintendo Switch Mario Kart bundle at $200 in Montreal! Quick!
Hot Deal: There's ONE pink Versace coat in Halifax at 90% off! (XS only)
Catch my drift? ;)
its good enough the size of this tv takes lots of space. with CES 2022 this week, these store need to make space for the new TVs and good chance that we will could see these tvs in other stores on clearance as well.
Aug 25, 2011
330 posts
358 upvotes
MISSISSAUGA
A bit off topic: how do you bring it to home when you buy 75" or larger TV? 65" is the largest I can put into my SUV.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
23102 posts
28605 upvotes
bullbell wrote: A bit off topic: how do you bring it to home when you buy 75" or larger TV? 65" is the largest I can put into my SUV.
You should be able to fit a 75" in a proper sized SUV. Larger sizes are an open question.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 10, 2011
8957 posts
16165 upvotes
Montreal
bullbell wrote: A bit off topic: how do you bring it to home when you buy 75" or larger TV? 65" is the largest I can put into my SUV.
Fold it in half. Voilà! 37.5 in. :)
Nov 11, 2017
41 posts
54 upvotes
London, ON
Temporel wrote:
Uhm, if poeple would post deals of demo with only one available, the RFD Hot deals forum would be full of useless threads. Sure I'll thank a newbie for posting but ...
I have to disagree here. A while back (month or so ago) a poster showed a red sharpie one off price ($299.97) on a Homack 27” toolbox. I took this picture he provided to my local Costco and asked if they would be discounting the 8 they had in stock at regular price ($599.99). They said eventually as the item was tagged as inactive but they could not guarantee when and they were unsure that it would go as low as the price the original RFD poster has shown.

Long story short, they advised I call and do a stock check every couple of days or so. Low and behold, upon doing exactly that the item dropped to $399.97 on a store clearance when there was 5 left. I figured I wasn’t going to gamble any further and this price worked for me but I could not make it in that day I called and they offered to hold one for me as I lived out of town. The next day when I arrived to pick it up, the had only two left and the price had dropped to $299.97. They sold the one they held for me at that lower price of $299.97.

Without the RFD poster showing the deal he saw, I would have never know the item was tagged as inactive at Costco or would I have called in to track price and availability and may not have scored this deal.

I appreciate all post of deals. Thank you OP.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 21, 2013
7474 posts
7977 upvotes
bob12344 wrote: its good enough the size of this tv takes lots of space. with CES 2022 this week, these store need to make space for the new TVs and good chance that we will could see these tvs in other stores on clearance as well.
It's a floor display. So technically 1 per store??? May be discounted at other Costco's for sure, but not at a floor display'price for sure.