Costco

75U78H 75" Hisense TV now in stock at Costco $1,497.99

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 25th, 2023 5:35 pm
Feb 14, 2011
866 posts
656 upvotes
Canada
notnow17 wrote: I'm always baffled by the amount of people buying TVs. Like, what happened to your TV you purchased 3/4/5 years ago?
Or do people always make the same mistake and buy the cheapest biggest TV at the time and realize the want a better one?

It hardly makes sense to buy a non-OLED right now if you already have a capable 4K TV with 7+ rating on RTINGS.

I recently purchased a QN90A 65" and the LG C1 65" at LD's $999 cyber monday deal and I've since flip them both because it made no sense to upgrade from my 2018 Vizio P series for a 10% better image. I sat the TVs side by side, it's like finding waldo to nitpick the differences. "Ooooo the blacks are so black" is like a cult chant.

Look at the prices of OLED plummet, just wait it out and buy a GOOD 75 OLED in 2 years for 1500.
I think this was a wise decision on your part. Maybe you can take that money and apply it to a good pair of glasses....
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2017
2851 posts
1978 upvotes
notnow17 wrote: I'm always baffled by the amount of people buying TVs. Like, what happened to your TV you purchased 3/4/5 years ago?
Or do people always make the same mistake and buy the cheapest biggest TV at the time and realize the want a better one?

It hardly makes sense to buy a non-OLED right now if you already have a capable 4K TV with 7+ rating on RTINGS.

I recently purchased a QN90A 65" and the LG C1 65" at LD's $999 cyber monday deal and I've since flip them both because it made no sense to upgrade from my 2018 Vizio P series for a 10% better image. I sat the TVs side by side, it's like finding waldo to nitpick the differences. "Ooooo the blacks are so black" is like a cult chant.

Look at the prices of OLED plummet, just wait it out and buy a GOOD 75 OLED in 2 years for 1500.
Same with people and their phones. Diff strokes for diff folks.

Actually thinking if I should hold off myself. I want an additional 65in TV at home and want the A90K, but the price is still astronomical. Last time I bought a TV was 5yrs ago and Im not retiring it, itll just be relegated to the bedroom

Maybe Ill keep my powder try until the next model comes out. Im actually sold with the G2 already but the Sony fanboy in me wont let it happen
Aug 31, 2018
492 posts
742 upvotes
anyone seen the 55" around mtl? its not in stock.at bridge and brossard
Aug 6, 2009
770 posts
300 upvotes
Surrey
I hope this comes back in stock and cheaper for Boxing Day.
Deal Expert
Feb 19, 2008
16048 posts
7656 upvotes
London
JonLuke wrote: Waiting for the U88H to come back
Have fun waiting until February.....by which time nobody will care anymore becuase CES is in a few weeks
Deal Expert
Feb 19, 2008
16048 posts
7656 upvotes
London
olwe wrote: I hope this comes back in stock and cheaper for Boxing Day.
It's in stock on amazon right now
Nov 10, 2007
448 posts
98 upvotes
toronto

It hardly makes sense to buy a non-OLED right now if you already have a capable 4K TV with 7+ rating on

I agree I'm finally going to upgrade this year or next. I'm rocking a panasonic plasma 1080p from 2013. Lol
Aug 6, 2009
770 posts
300 upvotes
Surrey
Viper98 wrote: It's in stock on amazon right now

Visions has it too biut would prefer to buy from Costco with their warranty.
Deal Addict
Sep 28, 2006
1287 posts
1349 upvotes
Toronto

Yep, I bought the sony x90 equivalent of 2 years ago, and this thing has been a beauty. The other one in the house is a very old Samsung that's been working for 8ish years now. I'm looking to upgrade that for an LG Oled, but to your point, who cares about the blacks, when that tv is just used by the family to stream youtube and watch non 4k non hdr content on tv. Its used as background noise at times lol while people are whatsapping. Im not even sure If I should spend 2 grand for this use case.

Before you would buy a TV, and that was it for a decade (Well at least for us). Friends family, watching a movie from blockbuster on a 27 inch CRT. Now it seems like people will upgrade every 3 years. I think you can buy them more frequently now because of how slim they are, and how easy it is to get them in and out lol.
Aug 6, 2009
770 posts
300 upvotes
Surrey
I got one ordered from Costco online this morning. Not sure if they had a few or just one as it went OOS after I placed my order. I took the warranty as well. Anyone knows hoe Costco's inventory tracking is? Could it be just phantom stock? Hopefully they're getting this ready to be in stock for Boxing Day.
Mar 7, 2011
512 posts
699 upvotes
Surrey, BC

supplementking wrote: I agree I'm finally going to upgrade this year or next. I'm rocking a panasonic plasma 1080p from 2013. Lol
In my case because my 1080p Panasonic plasma from 2010 just died. It had a good run! Looking to buy a TV that will make me happy for 12 more years. I’m thinking to stretch to an OLED is worth it (LG B2 65” was $1597 for a couple hours but I missed it, hoping for that price again on Boxing Day).
Aug 6, 2009
770 posts
300 upvotes
Surrey
olwe wrote: I got one ordered from Costco online this morning. Not sure if they had a few or just one as it went OOS after I placed my order. I took the warranty as well. Anyone knows hoe Costco's inventory tracking is? Could it be just phantom stock? Hopefully they're getting this ready to be in stock for Boxing Day.
I got my tv today and came with a broken screen. Looks like something was placed or dropped on top of the box. Too bad. Excitement turned to disappointment in 1 second after taking it out of the box. sigh. Now to call Costco back to haul away this thing. I hope they won't take long to send someone to pick it up.
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2012
3376 posts
723 upvotes
olwe wrote: I got my tv today and came with a broken screen. Looks like something was placed or dropped on top of the box. Too bad. Excitement turned to disappointment in 1 second after taking it out of the box. sigh. Now to call Costco back to haul away this thing. I hope they won't take long to send someone to pick it up.
I am always surprised when that happens, in Calgary every time I buy something from Costco the people delivering want to inspect it with me. I bought a cheap hisense TV 2 months ago, Technically I think they should have only brought it to the door, they asked me where I wanted it, they took it downstairs to the basement, I was not ready to set it up but they asked can we open it to inspect it, so we opened it. We all took a look at it for damages, they took pictures, asked me to sign and left.

Same thing with the dishwasher and Fridge I bought.
Aug 6, 2009
770 posts
300 upvotes
Surrey
xiaobao wrote: I am always surprised when that happens, in Calgary every time I buy something from Costco the people delivering want to inspect it with me. I bought a cheap hisense TV 2 months ago, Technically I think they should have only brought it to the door, they asked me where I wanted it, they took it downstairs to the basement, I was not ready to set it up but they asked can we open it to inspect it, so we opened it. We all took a look at it for damages, they took pictures, asked me to sign and left.

Same thing with the dishwasher and Fridge I bought.
There were 2 youngish guys that delivered the tv. Even said the it won't fit in the stairs going down the basement, they just had no coordination. I got the feeling they didn't care at all. They took pictures all right, only of the box when they left it on the floor. Next time, I'll ask them to open and inspect if they're ok with it. Thanks for the tip.
Jul 28, 2017
562 posts
1321 upvotes
How does this compare with the Sony X85K 75” which was on sale at Costco for the same price a few weeks ago?
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2012
3376 posts
723 upvotes
olwe wrote: There were 2 youngish guys that delivered the tv. Even said the it won't fit in the stairs going down the basement, they just had no coordination. I got the feeling they didn't care at all. They took pictures all right, only of the box when they left it on the floor. Next time, I'll ask them to open and inspect if they're ok with it. Thanks for the tip.
Yeah, seems that things come broken quiet often better check it out (either you insisting or if they insist) while they are so they can take it right away.
Dec 6, 2008
782 posts
502 upvotes
there's 2 U88H 75" in stock at costco.ca as of 8:41am PST but at the 2,497.99 price point

dunno if they'll lower it to 1999 in the next 30 days but if anyone wants to f around and find out lol
Nov 15, 2014
15 posts
14 upvotes
Snow Road Station, O…
I stopped reading at Hisense... Garbage, nothing but problems, see you next year in the next tv thread deal.
Aug 6, 2009
770 posts
300 upvotes
Surrey
zebriz wrote: I stopped reading at Hisense... Garbage, nothing but problems, see you next year in the next tv thread deal.
I wonder what the ratio is with people really happy with the tv and one quoted above.

I, myself, just got my 75" U78H replacement (first one arrived with broken screen) delivered from Costco yesterday and so far so good. It looks very nice. I am not really a videophile and I am not going to spend lots for a "better" one. This is the best for me with the price I'm comfortable with.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)