Expired Hot Deals

Costco

$79.99 for $100 Instacart E-Certificate

  • Last Updated:
  • Nov 7th, 2021 7:32 pm
Deal Addict
Sep 16, 2013
4374 posts
2796 upvotes
SW ON
smackioio wrote: Instacart, I doubt this works on Costco SameDay
OK. You replied to a discussion about sameday.costco.ca
Deal Addict
User avatar
Feb 9, 2009
1895 posts
1759 upvotes
alpovs wrote: Was it on sameday.costco.ca? I know instacart.ca stores the balance but it's not clear for costco.ca.
sorry, deleted that
Deal Addict
Sep 16, 2013
4374 posts
2796 upvotes
SW ON
mzmoney wrote: Yep, added stuff to cart and it doesn't show me the option to add a Instacart GC on sameday.costco.ca?!
Don't you get "Add promo code" option on the right when you click on the cart (total on top of the page)? If not, you may need to add a credit card first. From the rules: "You may be required to add a secondary payment method to use Cards on Instacart’s sites."
Sr. Member
Aug 13, 2020
599 posts
2124 upvotes
Snuupy wrote: 0, sue me
What a scummy thing to brag about. You will get what you pay for :). Glad Instacart is set up how it is for people like this
Sr. Member
Oct 16, 2007
815 posts
877 upvotes
Montr
smackioio wrote: Instacart, I doubt this works on Costco SameDay
It does

Edit: for QC only
Images
  • Screenshot_20211025-195942_Chrome.jpg
  • Screenshot_20211025-200015_Chrome.jpg
Last edited by frederixx on Oct 26th, 2021 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sr. Member
Feb 28, 2011
558 posts
395 upvotes
YYZ
alpovs wrote: Nobody will sue you but you will get the worst shoppers for your orders.
as if the ones you tip actually give you good service
Unless your PM is of personal nature and unrelated to the thread, don't PM me. You can post in the corresponding threads instead.
Deal Addict
Sep 16, 2013
4374 posts
2796 upvotes
SW ON
Snuupy wrote: as if the ones you tip actually give you good service
Believe it or not. May depend on the area and people living there.
Last edited by alpovs on Oct 25th, 2021 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Sep 16, 2013
4374 posts
2796 upvotes
SW ON
frederixx wrote: It does
That site in your screenshots memejour.costco.ca (I suppose it's sameday in French) is very different from sameday.costco.ca. memjour.costco.ca looks like instacart.ca while sameday.costco.ca looks underdeveloped. samday.costco.ca doesn't have those options shown in your screenshots. You can see yourself by visiting sameday.costco.ca. Moreover, when I entered my postal code on memejour.costco.ca it said "Instacart is coming to XXXXXX soon! Be the first to order! Enter your email to be notified when Instacart is in your area." LOL! But I shop on instacart.ca and sameday.costco.ca

Isn't it weird?
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Jan 26, 2003
5093 posts
505 upvotes
TheDgoat wrote: Anyone know if you can retroactively apply these gift cards to past orders like you can do with Uber eats?
Retroactively apply to orders?

I must be confused.

You mean buy this gc, apply it to an order that you've already paid for in the past ... and get that money back?

Is that what you mean?

That would be a neat trick.
He .... looka lika MAN!
I tell you every ting!
----------------------------------------------------
If you haven't figured it out yet ... i'm not a female. Have you ever watched MADtv?
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2018
4567 posts
4718 upvotes
GTA
alpovs wrote: That site in your screenshots memejour.costco.ca (I suppose it's sameday in French) is very different from sameday.costco.ca. memjour.costco.ca looks like instacart.ca while sameday.costco.ca looks underdeveloped. samday.costco.ca doesn't have those options shown in your screenshots. You can see yourself by visiting sameday.costco.ca. Moreover, when I entered my postal code on memejour.costco.ca it said "Instacart is coming to XXXXXX soon! Be the first to order! Enter your email to be notified when Instacart is in your area." LOL! But I shop on instacart.ca and sameday.costco.ca

Isn't it weird?
I noticed the same with above screenshots!

Hmm, a few items are slightly higher on sameday.costco.ca, however, less fees vs instacart.ca.

Since you shop on both instacart.ca and sameday.costco.ca, am guessing you're adding your Instacart eGC # to sameday.costco.ca, as the overall pricing is better?
Newbie
Jul 9, 2016
43 posts
86 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Can this be combined with the "Unlock up to $100 off $250 spend at Costco.ca with Student Beans" deal?

Let's say, can I buy 4 of these Instacart gift carts, and get $100 extra off?
Overconsumption = Extinction
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2009
1108 posts
952 upvotes
Vancouver
How much does instacart express cost?
Newbie
Oct 3, 2021
17 posts
49 upvotes
tofubb wrote: How much does instacart express cost?
$9.99 + tax per month and you get free delivery with a reduced service fee starting from $1. It's valuable if you're looking to place more than one order per month. For new accounts, you also get 14 days of free trial of Instacart Express.
Last edited by Shadyb on Oct 25th, 2021 11:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Member
Feb 29, 2016
337 posts
79 upvotes
Mississauga
For all those who have tried this, I purchased and added $100 gift card to my account through the Instacart app.

Now, when I am trying to place an order, it is still defaulting to my credit card and there is no option to pay using this $100 balance.

What am I doing wrong?
Sr. Member
Oct 16, 2007
815 posts
877 upvotes
Montr
alpovs wrote: That site in your screenshots memejour.costco.ca (I suppose it's sameday in French) is very different from sameday.costco.ca. memjour.costco.ca looks like instacart.ca while sameday.costco.ca looks underdeveloped. samday.costco.ca doesn't have those options shown in your screenshots. You can see yourself by visiting sameday.costco.ca. Moreover, when I entered my postal code on memejour.costco.ca it said "Instacart is coming to XXXXXX soon! Be the first to order! Enter your email to be notified when Instacart is in your area." LOL! But I shop on instacart.ca and sameday.costco.ca

Isn't it weird?

Yeah, Costco in Quebec redirects you to memejour automatically. I believe sameday is for all other provinces

But when I shop on memejour.costco.ca instead of Instacart, I don't have to pay delivery and handling fees. Items seem to be just a tad more expensive though.
Deal Addict
Sep 16, 2013
4374 posts
2796 upvotes
SW ON
mzmoney wrote: I noticed the same with above screenshots!

Hmm, a few items are slightly higher on sameday.costco.ca, however, less fees vs instacart.ca.

Since you shop on both instacart.ca and sameday.costco.ca, am guessing you're adding your Instacart eGC # to sameday.costco.ca, as the overall pricing is better?
Yes, I am going to do that. Long time ago I compared the final total with some real orders and concluded that sameday.costco.ca was cheaper than instacart.ca.
Deal Addict
Sep 16, 2013
4374 posts
2796 upvotes
SW ON
frederixx wrote: But when I shop on memejour.costco.ca instead of Instacart, I don't have to pay delivery and handling fees. Items seem to be just a tad more expensive though.
The same on sameday.costco.ca but the site is primitive, no options, no way to add a gift card separately, only to the final order as a discount, and no connection to the app - all communication with the shopper is via SMS or browser.
Deal Addict
Sep 16, 2013
4374 posts
2796 upvotes
SW ON
rohan1985 wrote: For all those who have tried this, I purchased and added $100 gift card to my account through the Instacart app.

Now, when I am trying to place an order, it is still defaulting to my credit card and there is no option to pay using this $100 balance.

What am I doing wrong?
I am pretty sure it will use the balance from the gift card first, then your CC. "Your credit will be automatically applied to your next order."
Last edited by alpovs on Oct 25th, 2021 11:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Sep 16, 2013
4374 posts
2796 upvotes
SW ON
Shadyb wrote: $9.99 + tax per month and you get free delivery with a reduced service fee of $1. It's valuable if you're looking to place more than one order per month. For new accounts, you also get 14 days of free trial of Instacart Express.
They reduced the service fee to $1 with express? Are you sure? It just says "Lower service fees". Before they were pushing their Instacart Express with "free delivery" but the delivery fee was fixed and low but the service fee was a percentage of the order.
Deal Addict
Sep 16, 2013
4374 posts
2796 upvotes
SW ON
mzmoney wrote: Edit: apparently it works via entering Instacart GC# in 'Add Promo Code' field via sameday.costco.ca; definitely a Hot Deal with $20 off $100!
frederixx wrote: I just tried to add a 100 gift card from the Instacart section on Costco.ca and it works. I haven't tried for more, but i'm sure it's working too. You don't have to wait for the checkout section to add them.
Did you notice if there was a way to add a second, third gift card code after adding one? Did "Add Promo Code" field reappear after the first one? For orders $200+.

Top