Expired Hot Deals

[Costco] 8' Proslat wall $149.99.with Bonus Hook Kit ($59.99 value)

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 15th, 2020 12:59 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 14, 2007
1480 posts
304 upvotes

[Costco] 8' Proslat wall $149.99.with Bonus Hook Kit ($59.99 value)

Its back. It was this price back in July as well for those that missed it.

https://www.costco.ca/proslat-8-ft.-wal ... 09387.html
Thread Summary
Proslat makes the Home Depot branded Husky Slatwall so hooks from both brands can be used.
98 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 12, 2010
1144 posts
1011 upvotes
Southern Ontario
Love my Proslat walls

Home Depot Husky accessories work with the Proslat system if extra hooks are needed
Deal Guru
May 6, 2005
10874 posts
1043 upvotes
Squamish
Was going to design my own french cleat wall, but this is super tempting.

Not sold about the plastic durability though

Anyone have the proslat?
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2014
3135 posts
2019 upvotes
Langley
I never understood why you would use these for a large area. They are so inefficient in regards to space.

You could easily buy a big round garbage bin and put that entire wall in it and it would have the same utility but with a much smaller footprint. That's valuable real estate to be using it for that utility.
Oct 10, 2016
179 posts
273 upvotes
I bought this 2 years ago and still love it. However it’s way to expensive to cover a full wall. You’ll never need to put hook less than 4ft from the ground. So if you want it to look good you’ll need to find something to put all around. If like me you just seek the utility purpose, it’s perfect.

Quality of panels and hooks is great.
Feb 11, 2017
304 posts
248 upvotes
Ottawa
jellytime wrote: I never understood why you would use these for a large area. They are so inefficient in regards to space.

You could easily buy a big round garbage bin and put that entire wall in it and it would have the same utility but with a much smaller footprint. That's valuable real estate to be using it for that utility.
I hear you but click on the link and look at the photo. You've gotta be able to say this is so much cleaner looking than chucking all of it in a garbage bin Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Cold Sweat
Mar 13, 2006
472 posts
399 upvotes
jellytime wrote: I never understood why you would use these for a large area. They are so inefficient in regards to space.

This tip is GOLDEN! I have been waiting for this deal for a very long time. (I posted the deal in July and it was sold out before I made my mind to buy it)

What you said made total sense, what’s the point of having the tools all laid out when you can easily access them with a tall trash bin?

Thanks for saving me $170! Now I need a good deal on bins.... Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Tightly-closed Eyes
Feb 11, 2017
304 posts
248 upvotes
Ottawa
donduck wrote: This tip is GOLDEN! I have been waiting for this deal for a very long time. (I posted the deal in July and it was sold out before I made my mind to buy it)

What you said made total sense, what’s the point of having the tools all laid out when you can easily access them with a tall trash bin?

Thanks for saving me $170! Now I need a good deal on bins.... Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Tightly-closed Eyes
Why spend money on a bin when you can spend 0$ and stand them all up in a corner?
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2014
3135 posts
2019 upvotes
Langley
Ah1800 wrote: I hear you but click on the link and look at the photo. You've gotta be able to say this is so much cleaner looking than chucking all of it in a garbage bin Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Cold Sweat
I mean, yes. It does look "nice" and is "cleaner" looking, but that's valuable real estate. You can put up full shelves for storage, to me that is better value.
donduck wrote: This tip is GOLDEN! I have been waiting for this deal for a very long time. (I posted the deal in July and it was sold out before I made my mind to buy it)

Haha, I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not. I like my tall trash bin, it sits in the corner and get's lots of love! I got mine at Canadian tire with a 50x points offer. Can't beat it for the price and space savings.
Nov 28, 2012
61 posts
74 upvotes
I hang small tools on mine (saws, hammers, screwdrivers, etc), so I 3D printed all my hooks. Costs a couple pennies per hook.
Feb 11, 2017
304 posts
248 upvotes
Ottawa
jellytime wrote: I mean, yes. It does look "nice" and is "cleaner" looking, but that's valuable real estate. You can put up full shelves for storage, to me that is better value.
Curious what do you use your wall space in the garage for? You might have a point about not spreading out the tools so much to cover a disproportionate space on the wall.
Dec 24, 2017
44 posts
14 upvotes
Vancouver
How much would you charge to print and ship out?
Deal Guru
Sep 28, 2010
10781 posts
2967 upvotes
Irregular Heptagon
Kaitlyn wrote: Was going to design my own french cleat wall, but this is super tempting.

Not sold about the plastic durability though

Anyone have the proslat?
I’ve got 4 of the 4x8 panels in my garage. They are solid af. I keep my tires on a tire rack that hangs on them. Three bikes are hanging on another panel. The rest of the space I use to hang tool bags, drills, flashlights, various shovels/spades, rakes, gardening tools, camping chairs, weed trimmer, saw, tree pruner, weed puller, beach umbrella, step ladder, trailer hitch, etc.
2015 wins: Trip for 2 to NYC with airfare, limo, hotel and insurance ($3700); Maple Leafs tickets($250); 32GB HTC One M9 ($700), Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1($200), Samsung Galaxy Note 5($850), Aukey 2 port fast car charger($23), Fitbit Flex ($120), Blue Piston Bluetooth Speaker ($30). 2016 wins: nada
Deal Guru
May 6, 2005
10874 posts
1043 upvotes
Squamish
ceredon wrote: I’ve got 4 of the 4x8 panels in my garage. They are solid af. I keep my tires on a tire rack that hangs on them. Three bikes are hanging on another panel. The rest of the space I use to hang tool bags, drills, flashlights, various shovels/spades, rakes, gardening tools, camping chairs, weed trimmer, saw, tree pruner, weed puller, beach umbrella, step ladder, trailer hitch, etc.
In terms of securing to the wall, how many screws are you driving in for a single 4x8 panel kit? (I'm renting, don't want to create a gazillion holes haha)
Deal Guru
Sep 28, 2010
10781 posts
2967 upvotes
Irregular Heptagon
Kaitlyn wrote: In terms of securing to the wall, how many screws are you driving in for a single 4x8 panel kit? (I'm renting, don't want to create a gazillion holes haha)
It’s been a few years, but I recall one on each stud per slat, so maybe 8? Multiplied by however many slats make up a panel, maybe by 8?

See if you can download the install instructions. That’ll show you. There are videos on YouTube that walk you though it too , so those will show you how many.
2015 wins: Trip for 2 to NYC with airfare, limo, hotel and insurance ($3700); Maple Leafs tickets($250); 32GB HTC One M9 ($700), Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1($200), Samsung Galaxy Note 5($850), Aukey 2 port fast car charger($23), Fitbit Flex ($120), Blue Piston Bluetooth Speaker ($30). 2016 wins: nada
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2014
3135 posts
2019 upvotes
Langley
Ah1800 wrote: Curious what do you use your wall space in the garage for? You might have a point about not spreading out the tools so much to cover a disproportionate space on the wall.
I made shelves like this
Images
  • shelf.png
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2008
1386 posts
1347 upvotes
GTA
Remember your garage has 3 walls. You can easily have 2 walls for shelves and one wall with slats. I currently have a the left wall with DIY shelves while the right wall is comprised of a smaller section of DIY shelves and a tool bench with a couple wall mounted garage cabinets to boot. The back wall has nothing and that’s where I’m going to put those slats. It’ll put a big smile on my face every time the garage doors open to display a sweet looking wall.
Dec 24, 2017
44 posts
14 upvotes
Vancouver
The home depot huskies slat are made by proslat I’ve been told.
Deal Guru
Sep 28, 2010
10781 posts
2967 upvotes
Irregular Heptagon
goderos wrote: The home depot huskies slat are made by proslat I’ve been told.
Yup. I called proslat when I wanted to pickup some husky accessories to confirm they’d fit and they said “of course. We make the husky slatwall and accessories.” I assume they still do.
Deal Guru
Sep 28, 2010
10781 posts
2967 upvotes
Irregular Heptagon
Slono wrote: Remember your garage has 3 walls. You can easily have 2 walls for shelves and one wall with slats. I currently have a the left wall with DIY shelves while the right wall is comprised of a smaller section of DIY shelves and a tool bench with a couple wall mounted garage cabinets to boot. The back wall has nothing and that’s where I’m going to put those slats. It’ll put a big smile on my face every time the garage doors open to display a sweet looking wall.
Exactly. There’s nothing that says you can’t have a mix of slats and shelves. Each serves a purpose.