Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Costco

($899) HP Envy x360 15.6" - Ryzen 5 4500U, 8GB RAM, 512GB NVMe SSD, AX200 WiFi 6, Includes digitizer pen

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 28th, 2020 8:39 am
Deal Addict
Feb 14, 2016
1832 posts
1223 upvotes
Loving AMD and their reasonable prices.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
27158 posts
37133 upvotes
Gentlemen.

This build's USB C supposedly supports a DP 1.4 data stream, meaning 4K60 RGB + HDR is in the cards (theoretically).

Source: https://support.hp.com/ee-en/document/c06643052
Last edited by redflagdealsguy on May 31st, 2020 10:54 pm, edited 3 times in total.
I aim to be inclusive and considerate of others in my posts. If I fall short of that mark, feel free to let me know in good faith, and where appropriate, I'll edit my posts. Thank you.
Nov 28, 2019
167 posts
456 upvotes
Vancouver
I’ve been using HP Envy’s for the past 5 years. Great laptop. At the moment I’m using the intel 10th gen version of this with the same specs.

It’s amazing as a work / office laptop and can do video rendering or AutoCAD etc without lag.

Has some cons like the graphics card not being able to run any games and certain glitches that come with each model, ie the fan turning on as soon as you plug it in.

Feel free to ask me any questions.
Deal Guru
Mar 8, 2003
11234 posts
3800 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Finally a proper usbc setup, now waiting for 4800u models
May 31, 2017
321 posts
300 upvotes
RFD you filthy girl stop tempting me

The mind is willing but the wallet is wrecked
Dec 10, 2012
330 posts
356 upvotes
I ordered one and cancelled my Flex 14 order. I might even cancel this one if I can get the higher version. Do we have more info about whether this one's ram can be upgraded? If not, I got 90 days to return lol
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2010
1193 posts
824 upvotes
Markham
smirnoff wrote: I'm not up to date with laptop tech. So this can charge through a USB-C cable just like my phone? Would it charge with any power plug that you can plug a USB into? I'm just thinking of it for when I'm overseas. Like it would be nice to just travel with a usb-c cable and pick up a cheap usb A/C plug, rather than lugging around a barrel-style cord and ac adapter, plus an extra adapter for a whatever prong style a country uses.
The cable and charger are required to support USB-PD. This means that the cable is a type-c to type-c cable.
USB-PD is the standardized charging protocol that is now required to be supported with all new android phones released with Android Pie or newer. This is the same protocol used in the MacBooks type-c chargers and cables.

The ideal wattage would be 65W, but it is possible to charge with a 45W, etc.
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2010
2293 posts
1413 upvotes
Kamloops, BC
Bilingual Keyboard :/

EDIT: Apparently its its the good kind
Last edited by ssjlancer on Jun 1st, 2020 12:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Guru
Mar 8, 2003
11234 posts
3800 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Expliciate wrote: The cable and charger are required to support USB-PD. This means that the cable is a type-c to type-c cable.
USB-PD is the standardized charging protocol that is now required to be supported with all new android phones released with Android Pie or newer. This is the same protocol used in the MacBooks type-c chargers and cables.

The best setup is to use with newer usbc monitor, one cable does video/audio and charging. These monitors are still relatively expensive but they come with usbc cable can do up to 100w pd and 10gbps bandwidth for DP video and audio, cable itself is expensive if buy alone
May 21, 2015
84 posts
102 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Do you guys think it can run Dota 2? Thank you
Nov 25, 2002
702 posts
178 upvotes
Kelowna
Expliciate wrote: The cable and charger are required to support USB-PD. This means that the cable is a type-c to type-c cable.

Okay thanks for the breakdown. I think I've got it now. As long as I can get a 10ft cable for an okay price I'll be happy. :)
Jul 29, 2008
211 posts
207 upvotes
damis wrote: I'm not sure I understand what people hate about the Bilingual keyboard.
I have two laptops, one with a Bilingual keyboard and one without it. The only difference I find is one extra key on the bilingual keyboard !!
Just don't use it !!

Am I missing something?
It's not just about the number of keys on the keyboard, it's about the key layout and sizes. Whenever you want to use Shift or Enter and see that dreadful "\" showing up. Even worse, it's different from every other keyboard you could find and use. There is no chance you can get used to this layout.
Oct 26, 2016
376 posts
443 upvotes
I apologize in advance but I couldn't find any info regarding ssd slots... Does it have more then one slot? Also, what exact graphics card does it have? Dedicated or integrated?
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2010
1193 posts
824 upvotes
Markham
damis wrote: I'm not sure I understand what people hate about the Bilingual keyboard.
I have two laptops, one with a Bilingual keyboard and one without it. The only difference I find is one extra key on the bilingual keyboard !!
Just don't use it !!

Am I missing something?
jeffgao wrote: It's not just about the number of keys on the keyboard, it's about the key layout and sizes. Whenever you want to use Shift or Enter and see that dreadful "\" showing up. Even worse, it's different from every other keyboard you could find and use. There is no chance you can get used to this layout.
Most people dislike bilingual because they assume it with be ISO layout, with the odd enter key shape.
This HP laptop uses bilingual ANSI layout.

https://support.getfreewrite.com/articl ... nsi-vs-iso

It will look similar to the bilingual spectre x360:
Last edited by Expliciate on May 31st, 2020 11:46 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Oct 26, 2016
376 posts
443 upvotes
I apologize in advance but I couldn't find any info regarding ssd slots... Does it have more then one slot? Also, what exact graphics card does it have? Dedicated or integrated?
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2010
1193 posts
824 upvotes
Markham
cb8888 wrote: I apologize in advance but I couldn't find any info regarding ssd slots... Does it have more then one slot? Also, what exact graphics card does it have? Dedicated or integrated?
It has a single M.2 NVMe SSD slot that is used by the primary drive.
It uses an integrated Vega 6 iGPU.
Oct 26, 2016
376 posts
443 upvotes
Expliciate wrote: It has a single M.2 NVMe SSD slot that is used by the primary drive.
It uses an integrated Vega 6 iGPU.
That's too bad, would've bought this tomorrow if it had extra slots and a better graphics card
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
27158 posts
37133 upvotes
PeterL18797 wrote: Would this be better than the Surface combo at Costco?
https://www.costco.ca/microsoft-surface ... Nj38pKk6As
In virtually every internal rated spec, the HP is better.

The Microsoft is better on portability, screen, weight, build quality, and possibly even component reliability.

The Surface devices are the closest thing to Macbook / iPad hybrids among PC laptops.
Last edited by redflagdealsguy on Jun 1st, 2020 12:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
I aim to be inclusive and considerate of others in my posts. If I fall short of that mark, feel free to let me know in good faith, and where appropriate, I'll edit my posts. Thank you.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)