• Last Updated:
  • Oct 15th, 2019 6:40 pm
Feb 10, 2013
123 posts
20 upvotes
Brampton
tntdeal wrote:
Feb 8th, 2019 10:05 am
Lowes has a Michelin one similar to this but flimsyer, on clearance for $11.99. Check their website for stock near you.
Thanks I will check it out.
Deal Addict
Nov 19, 2003
4934 posts
2043 upvotes
A Place to Stand
This thing has a major flaw. That stupid steel L bracket piece that was debated in this or another thread to what the hell its point is can scratch your paint if you are not very careful when the brush is turned to the rubber squeegee or ice comb or whatever you call it side. I was cleaning the ice off my truck and twice I scratched the paint. Once on the roof so I did not really care but once across the hood as I was trying to attack some pretty stubborn ice on my windshield. I'm going to tape that stupid piece up with hockey tape or something so it does not happen again. Its a useless addition to this brush that is an accident waiting to happen to your paint if you are not careful.
Oct 17, 2010
994 posts
375 upvotes
Newmarket, Ontario
midget_man wrote:
Feb 13th, 2019 1:45 pm
This thing has a major flaw. That stupid steel L bracket piece that was debated in this or another thread to what the hell its point is can scratch your paint if you are not very careful when the brush is turned to the rubber squeegee or ice comb or whatever you call it side. I was cleaning the ice off my truck and twice I scratched the paint. Once on the roof so I did not really care but once across the hood as I was trying to attack some pretty stubborn ice on my windshield. I'm going to tape that stupid piece up with hockey tape or something so it does not happen again. Its a useless addition to this brush that is an accident waiting to happen to your paint if you are not careful.
I agree, that why i didn't buy one originally. But someone posted they simply removed the L bracket, you can just pop the pin out, and it does not affect its functionality at all.
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2008
3230 posts
773 upvotes
Oshawa
Does it have a squeegee side on it?
Stress is caused by NOT fishing enough.
JDM ONLY! No North American CRAP!
Megabass, Imakatsu, Jackall, GanCraft, OSP, EverGreen, YGK, Toray, Sunline, Nories, Shimano, Daiwa RULES!
EVA Air Rocks ... Air Canada SUCKS!
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2008
3230 posts
773 upvotes
Oshawa
tntdeal wrote:
Feb 8th, 2019 10:05 am
Lowes has a Michelin one similar to this but flimsyer, on clearance for $11.99. Check their website for stock near you.
Already checked. Not one Lowes has it in the GTA. They messed up on the inventory system.

They told me ... The last sale of one of them was in September 2017. The balance was apparently sent back to the supplier but not removed from the system.
Megabass, Imakatsu, Jackall, GanCraft, OSP, EverGreen, YGK, Toray, Sunline, Nories, Shimano, Daiwa RULES!
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2014
2050 posts
1128 upvotes
midget_man wrote:
Feb 13th, 2019 1:45 pm
Some how that metal piece broke off on the Handel but in a way it worked out since it’s not in the way lol
Feb 28, 2008
805 posts
320 upvotes
Canada
AV-Fishing wrote:
Feb 13th, 2019 2:48 pm
Already checked. Not one Lowes has it in the GTA. They messed up on the inventory system.

They told me ... The last sale of one of them was in September 2017. The balance was apparently sent back to the supplier but not removed from the system.
Is this the one you checked? https://www.lowes.ca/ice-scrapers/miche ... 56334.html

Still shows 8 at Danforth. Stock is accurate for where I am.
Feb 16, 2016
11 posts
5 upvotes
I bought the previous model at the end of 2017 and with under 20 uses the ice scraper broke off. Kinda disappointed. I was hoping they'd last much longer than a year. I wonder if this brush is built with similar quality
Oct 3, 2012
153 posts
59 upvotes
The brush is nice but too big to fit if you have a smaller car.
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2008
4382 posts
514 upvotes
Scarborough
enjoycash wrote:
Feb 13th, 2019 3:16 pm
The brush is nice but too big to fit if you have a smaller car.
This. Barely fits in the trunk unless awkwardly diagonal :P
I have it sitting in the back, but I have to warn folks or move it to the side when people get in the back so it doesn't impale them :P
The ice scraper edges are quite pointy
Help Contribute to our Wedding Fund :) A wise fortune cookie once told me this:
"A bargain is something you don't need at a price you can't resist"
FS: Christmas Window Decor :lol:
FS: 10mm H&R Trak+ wheel spacers, 5x100/112, 57.1c/b
Dec 17, 2017
605 posts
623 upvotes
golden_m wrote:
Jan 14th, 2019 10:33 pm
that's right, everyone lives in GTA!
Little known fact: The entire population of Canada lives in the GTA. The rest of the country is just woodlands and elk and random animals.
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2008
3230 posts
773 upvotes
Oshawa
tntdeal wrote:
Feb 13th, 2019 2:59 pm
Is this the one you checked? https://www.lowes.ca/ice-scrapers/miche ... 56334.html

Still shows 8 at Danforth. Stock is accurate for where I am.
Correct. I went to the Lowes at Markham and Steeles and thats what they told me .... they had 28 on the system ... but there was NOT one in the Store at all ...
Feb 28, 2008
805 posts
320 upvotes
Canada
AV-Fishing wrote:
Feb 13th, 2019 4:21 pm
Correct. I went to the Lowes at Markham and Steeles and thats what they told me .... they had 28 on the system ... but there was NOT one in the Store at all ...
May just be error at that location only...

PS: Online shows zero for that location, must be problem with store's system?
Screenshot_20190213-164350.png