Shopping Discussion

COSTCO 90 day Appliance return policy BEWARE!

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 26th, 2018 8:13 am
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2015
1236 posts
1688 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
This is the reason why I'm avoiding all the appliances with extra gadgets on top of its intended usage.. It just seems like to increase the possibility for it to break down easier/faster and yes, avoid Samsung/LG (almost everyone I spoke to were telling us to avoid it like plague, you will bound to have issues <5 yrs)
Deal Guru
Jul 20, 2006
12734 posts
6255 upvotes
Costco should use some of the $1.2 million in the pharmaceutical kickbacks they received to compensate for OP's fridge. (Since they didn't have to pay any of it back, other than the $40000 fine the directors had to pay)
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2017
3259 posts
3285 upvotes
Tech fridges are neat but you get what you pay for. Have to admit didn't know Costco had a 90 day warranty, that's freaking amazing for appliances. Will for sure buy there next.
RFD is love. RFD is life. I wish I had an RFDer for a wife.
Banned
Mar 8, 2018
144 posts
91 upvotes
LoANeal wrote: Tech fridges are neat but you get what you pay for. Have to admit didn't know Costco had a 90 day warranty, that's freaking amazing for appliances. Will for sure buy there next.
Agreed. I bought my fridge from Home Depot, and was told to thoroughly inspect the fridge upon delivery. If it was unsatisfactory, I could deny delivery. But if I accepted delivery, that was it. There was no going back for cosmetic issues and any other issue would go through the manufacturer. The fact that Costco gives you 90 days to take it back for any reason at all is exceptional, you won't find that anywhere else.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 22, 2007
9280 posts
3006 upvotes
London
Doesn't Costco warranty major appliances for 2 years under their Concierge Services thing?
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2006
4593 posts
19412 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
AFAIK, as soon as the OP took the cash offer from Costco that basically washes their hands of the issue. They delivered, you accepted. End of story. You have 19 thumbs down votes. You know why?

You mention that "The fridge was delivered and was not inspected by delivery driver." It's not their job to inspect it, it's YOUR job.

If there's more wrong with it then you can go through manufacturer or whatever other warranty you have.

OP, you only have yourself to blame for taking the cash deal.

When Sears delivered my couch, they scratched up my stairwell ceiling walls in my townhouse. I asked the delivery guys for compensation and they asked how much I wanted. I said $30 and they gave me $30 cash. End of story. If for whatever reason I develop a leak in the pipes in that area, I'm not gonna blame them that they damaged the pipe when they scratched the wall.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 16, 2015
5405 posts
5751 upvotes
Distance: 50 Metres
roblombardi wrote: OP, I was born with a scar on my forehead... and my mom questioned the hospital, but in the end she took me home.
Now I'm having internal issues... she should have returned me :(
To where?
To the moon
Banned
Mar 8, 2018
144 posts
91 upvotes
Ottomaddox wrote: Doesn't Costco warranty major appliances for 2 years under their Concierge Services thing?
Yes, it's getting repaired under warranty.
The OP doesn't want it repaired, he wants to return it. He's after 90 days though, so as per their policy.. too late!
Deal Fanatic
Jul 29, 2005
9295 posts
3156 upvotes
Mississauga
I just don't understand how the OP didn't notice all those visual problems within 90 days? Maybe he damaged the fridge himself?
My food blog - Reggie The Food Critic.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 1, 2006
7971 posts
9092 upvotes
Toronto
Redsanta wrote: To where?
To Paris, using the same stork that delivered me before it left
I swear to drunk I'm not God 😝
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
35606 posts
18998 upvotes
Exp315 wrote: Don't worry about the door. If it's a Samsung fridge you'll soon have more to worry about.
Hahahaha I was gonna say something similar but definitely did not have a funny way of saying it like that :)

I think the problems here started before the dent, it started when OP decided to buy Samsung. I'm surprised Samsung even sent anyone out...instead of just telling you they'd send someone and then pretending to not know who you are when you call them back when they never came :lol:
Deal Addict
Feb 23, 2015
2218 posts
1282 upvotes
Brampton, ON
Not sure why the hate on Samsung. Our appliances are going strong 7 years now.
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2017
3859 posts
2814 upvotes
ES_Revenge wrote: I think the problems here started before the dent, it started when OP decided to buy Samsung. I'm surprised Samsung even sent anyone out...instead of just telling you they'd send someone and then pretending to not know who you are when you call them back when they never came :lol:
The Samsung service tech came out when we called. He told us that the electronics were working fine, but the condenser and the pump were both shot and the refrigerant all leaked out. Then he handed us a bill and told us it wasn't covered under warranty on our 2-year old fridge. We paid to have the pump replaced and the poorly-designed compact condenser replaced with a standard non-Samsung model.

What was that someone was asking about why people are down on Samsung fridges?
Banned
Mar 8, 2018
144 posts
91 upvotes
Exp315 wrote:

What was that someone was asking about why people are down on Samsung fridges?
All these fridges littered with electronics these days are nothing but a headache. Doesn't matter the brand.. All a fridge needs to do is keep your food fresh. No need for all the fancy crap.
Deal Addict
Jan 3, 2014
3252 posts
3029 upvotes
Vancouver(ish)
chreds wrote: OP didn't say the panel was concerned under warranty.
It's a fair assumption considering the device is apparently just over 90 days old, so unless it was bought used it likely has a warranty that would cover the panel issue.
It's possible he's out of pocket if the tech determines the issue was from delivery.
I agree completely. However, it's just as it's possible he's not paying out of pocket because it's a warranty issue and since OP made no reference to paying it himself, I think it's safe to assume that's not the case.
Also what retailer is going to send you directly to warranty for dents on delivery?
Never said or alluded to anything of the sort. The warranty reference in my earlier posts was to the other issues OP had described.
Stop making stuff up and pissing on OP.
Perhaps you should follow your own advice.

In the post I'm quoting here, all you've done is misrepresent my comments and quoted them completely out of context.
Proud RFD member since January 31, 2007. Feel free to add 3,034 to my post count.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 22, 2007
9280 posts
3006 upvotes
London
izzyboots wrote: Yes, it's getting repaired under warranty.
The OP doesn't want it repaired, he wants to return it. He's after 90 days though, so as per their policy.. too late!
That's not what they said.
I'm not trying to return a 10 year old TV, and I'm not even trying to return the fridge, I just want a new door.
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2017
2542 posts
1049 upvotes
CND Brain & Hear…
Honestly 1 thing about appliance is that you never ever trust Samsung!!!! They don't recall lots of faulty model and it's like a nightmare dealing with them.

But anyway, according to what we could hear from you, I don't believe that technician provided you the right information.
Give me a J. I'm a maniac and an African expert.
Deal Guru
Sep 19, 2006
11664 posts
6564 upvotes
Toronto
Op, how much of a discount or compensation that Costco gave u? Must have been a considerable one for you to keep the fridge with dent? 50% off?
Sharing is Caring - Without people sharing info, these forums would not exist and no one would benefit from it. Don't be selfish.

They really need to show who downvotes so we can find out the mofus is
Deal Addict
Oct 24, 2016
1525 posts
1657 upvotes
ON
OP’s headline doesn’t make any sense. OP is asking us to beware of Costco ‘s 90 day appliance return policy. In this case Costco refused to accept a return once 90 days were up. So they are following their return policy. What is wrong with that and what should we beware of?

Had Costco forced OP to accept a dented appliance (even at a discounted price), yeah then OP could have a case. OP chose to accept the dented piece of his own free will because he felt the discount being offered by Costco compensated for the dent. There was a deficiency for which Costco was responsible for and OP accepted a compensation for that deficiency of his own will. After accepting the compensation from Costco, how does Costco still remain responsible for that deficiency?
”If you buy things you don’t need, soon you will have to sell things you need.”

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)