Shopping Discussion

COSTCO 90 day Appliance return policy BEWARE!

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 26th, 2018 8:13 am
Deal Fanatic
Jun 1, 2006
6727 posts
5803 upvotes
Toronto
OP, I was born with a scar on my forehead... and my mom questioned the hospital, but in the end she took me home.
Now I'm having internal issues... she should have returned me :(
I swear to drunk I'm not God 😝
Oct 26, 2011
429 posts
186 upvotes
ALLCAPS wrote: Now they have arranged warranty repairs for you so you get the fridge you chose at a discounted price and it's working properly - without the dents for which you received the discount.

You have received fair treatment. Other retailers have far less than 90 days to return while others would have sent you straight to warranty the first time..
OP didn't say the panel was concerned under warranty. It's possible he's out of pocket if the tech determines the issue was from delivery.

Also what retailer is going to send you directly to warranty for dents on delivery?

Stop making stuff up and pissing on OP.
Banned
Mar 8, 2018
144 posts
90 upvotes
chreds wrote: OP didn't say the panel was concerned under warranty.
Samsung is indeed replacing the panel as stated in the OP, that is not his concern here.

As per the title of the thread, his issue here is that we need to beware of their return policy of 90 days. Then he goes on to state he is gone beyond 90 days and this is why Costco refused. Well, the buck stops at 90! The title is defamatory! If he indeed were at 90 or less, he'd have a legit complaint and full support of the entire rfd community. But anything 91 or more goes to the manufacturer.. which they are covering. Nothing to see here..

I completely understand his frustration, but the retailer did nothing wrong. He needs to take responsibility for his own decisions.
Last edited by izzyboots on Mar 23rd, 2018 10:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Oct 26, 2011
429 posts
186 upvotes
chreds wrote: was concerned under warranty
My android autocorrect seems to be getting worse every day. Covered

That said. The OP said they are replacing it. He didn't say they are replacing it under warranty. I could understand his frustration if they are charging him for it. Not so much if it's being covered.

I agree the title of the thread is misleading.

Re-reading OP you are probably correct assuming it is being replaced under warranty.
Banned
Mar 8, 2018
144 posts
90 upvotes
chreds wrote: My android autocorrect seems to be getting worse every day. Covered

He didn't say they are replacing it under warranty.
I believe when saying "samsung is replacing it", he means they are covering the costs. You can be sure he'd be very explicit about it if he were the one paying for the repair.
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2015
1048 posts
1050 upvotes
Unionville, ON
This is the reason why I'm avoiding all the appliances with extra gadgets on top of its intended usage.. It just seems like to increase the possibility for it to break down easier/faster and yes, avoid Samsung/LG (almost everyone I spoke to were telling us to avoid it like plague, you will bound to have issues <5 yrs)
Deal Fanatic
Jul 20, 2006
9490 posts
2896 upvotes
Costco should use some of the $1.2 million in the pharmaceutical kickbacks they received to compensate for OP's fridge. (Since they didn't have to pay any of it back, other than the $40000 fine the directors had to pay)
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2017
2020 posts
1418 upvotes
Tech fridges are neat but you get what you pay for. Have to admit didn't know Costco had a 90 day warranty, that's freaking amazing for appliances. Will for sure buy there next.
RFD is love. RFD is life. I wish I had an RFDer for a wife.
Banned
Mar 8, 2018
144 posts
90 upvotes
LoANeal wrote: Tech fridges are neat but you get what you pay for. Have to admit didn't know Costco had a 90 day warranty, that's freaking amazing for appliances. Will for sure buy there next.
Agreed. I bought my fridge from Home Depot, and was told to thoroughly inspect the fridge upon delivery. If it was unsatisfactory, I could deny delivery. But if I accepted delivery, that was it. There was no going back for cosmetic issues and any other issue would go through the manufacturer. The fact that Costco gives you 90 days to take it back for any reason at all is exceptional, you won't find that anywhere else.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 22, 2007
9005 posts
2548 upvotes
London
Doesn't Costco warranty major appliances for 2 years under their Concierge Services thing?
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2006
2345 posts
2800 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
AFAIK, as soon as the OP took the cash offer from Costco that basically washes their hands of the issue. They delivered, you accepted. End of story. You have 19 thumbs down votes. You know why?

You mention that "The fridge was delivered and was not inspected by delivery driver." It's not their job to inspect it, it's YOUR job.

If there's more wrong with it then you can go through manufacturer or whatever other warranty you have.

OP, you only have yourself to blame for taking the cash deal.

When Sears delivered my couch, they scratched up my stairwell ceiling walls in my townhouse. I asked the delivery guys for compensation and they asked how much I wanted. I said $30 and they gave me $30 cash. End of story. If for whatever reason I develop a leak in the pipes in that area, I'm not gonna blame them that they damaged the pipe when they scratched the wall.
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2015
2014 posts
1519 upvotes
Canada
roblombardi wrote: OP, I was born with a scar on my forehead... and my mom questioned the hospital, but in the end she took me home.
Now I'm having internal issues... she should have returned me :(
To where?
Banned
Mar 8, 2018
144 posts
90 upvotes
Ottomaddox wrote: Doesn't Costco warranty major appliances for 2 years under their Concierge Services thing?
Yes, it's getting repaired under warranty.
The OP doesn't want it repaired, he wants to return it. He's after 90 days though, so as per their policy.. too late!
Deal Fanatic
Jul 29, 2005
8492 posts
2434 upvotes
Mississauga
I just don't understand how the OP didn't notice all those visual problems within 90 days? Maybe he damaged the fridge himself?
My food blog - Reggie The Food Critic.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 1, 2006
6727 posts
5803 upvotes
Toronto
Redsanta wrote: To where?
To Paris, using the same stork that delivered me before it left
I swear to drunk I'm not God 😝

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)