Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Costco

$999.97 Lenovo Legion 5 Gaming Laptop, AMD Ryzen 5 6600H - 3050Ti, FHD 165Hz

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 19th, 2023 7:00 pm
Nov 22, 2016
515 posts
270 upvotes
GTA

[Costco] $999.97 Lenovo Legion 5 Gaming Laptop, AMD Ryzen 5 6600H - 3050Ti, FHD 165Hz

Purchased this at 1499.99 earlier this month, showed up randomly in my recently viewed items and noticed the price dropped to 999.97 - clearance now?

Decent laptop, good performance and port selection is great for me

Given it's Costco, the peace of mind if any issues come up plus 2 year warranty, this seems like a good deal to me
Manny
166 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 28, 2014
1455 posts
3173 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
You paid $1499 this month, the January 2023, for a 3050 ti laptop?

Boy do I have some news for you about $1299 legion laptop with 3070 ti that you missed.

Or the $1400 3070 gigabyte Aorus laptop that you missed.

Or any other 3060 laptop regularly available on Amazon for $1499, which includes the Asus TUF, the Asus Strix and more.

I have to say that 3050 ti is very slow and absolutely will not keep up, even now. You struggle to hit 60 fps in any demanding title, let alone 144hz.
Nov 22, 2016
515 posts
270 upvotes
GTA
mediumsteak wrote: You paid $1499 this month, the January 2023, for a 3050 ti laptop?

Boy do I have some news for you about $1299 legion laptop with 3070 ti that you missed.

Or any other 3060 laptop regularly available on Amazon for $1499, which includes the Asus TUF, the Asus Strix and more.

I have to say that 3050 ti is very slow and absolutely will not keep up, even now. You struggle to hit 60 fps in any demanding title, let alone 144hz.
do you have any current news for $999 laptops that match? I'm all ears!
Manny
Deal Addict
Aug 28, 2014
1455 posts
3173 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
mannyafzal wrote: do you have any current news for $999 laptops that match? I'm all ears!
The unfortunate thing about $999 laptops ($750 USD) is that even for 2-3 year old games (such as Valhalla or Cyberpunk) you already have to turn settings down to medium or low just to maintain a smooth 60 fps.

If you have to do that today, imagine what you will have to do to achieve smooth framerates tomorrow.

You may become resentful shortly, such as within a year, because your device struggles so much and you already spent $1k on it.

I'm afraid that the $1000 price range at this time is a poor price to performance bracket to be in.
Mar 9, 2008
842 posts
377 upvotes
The 3070 ti 1299 laptop from eBay Lenovo did not materialize for many....I was sad that I didn't get in that boat.

Did anyone get it in n the end?
May 15, 2020
71 posts
22 upvotes
mannyafzal wrote: Purchased this at 1499.99 earlier this month, showed up randomly in my recently viewed items and noticed the price dropped to 999.97 - clearance now?

Decent laptop, good performance and port selection is great for me

Given it's Costco, the peace of mind if any issues come up plus 2 year warranty, this seems like a good deal to me
I saw it when it was 1499$ and I just ignored it. If I were you I would return it or ask for price adjustment (maybe returning is better and get yourself a better gpu)
Oct 15, 2009
948 posts
687 upvotes
Toronto
haranzo wrote: The 3070 ti 1299 laptop from eBay Lenovo did not materialize for many....I was sad that I didn't get in that boat.

I ordered very early and didn't get it either. Not sure it's a great benchmark for future deals.
Jul 15, 2017
636 posts
760 upvotes
Toronto, ON
mediumsteak wrote: Boy do I have some news for you about $1299 legion laptop with 3070 ti that you missed.
Those all got cancelled. Lol. But your other points still stand
Jan 20, 2023
2 posts
4 upvotes
Anyone know if this deal is preferable to the Lenovo 14p Gen 3 laptop that was advertised here earlier?

For comparison, the 14p Gen 3 specs were (once upgraded) AMD Ryzen™ 7 6800H Processor, 2.2k 300 nits IPS screen, 16GB DD5 RAM, 1TB SSD, and Integrated AMD Radeon graphics.
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2007
3168 posts
2314 upvotes
Toronto
mediumsteak wrote: The unfortunate thing about $999 laptops ($750 USD) is that even for 2-3 year old games (such as Valhalla or Cyberpunk) you already have to turn settings down to medium or low just to maintain a smooth 60 fps.

If you have to do that today, imagine what you will have to do to achieve smooth framerates tomorrow.

You may become resentful shortly, such as within a year, because your device struggles so much and you already spent $1k on it.

I'm afraid that the $1000 price range at this time is a poor price to performance bracket to be in.
My $1K Legion 5 will happily run most things at 1080p60 max settings, even many at 1440p. You can turn on DLSS as well for a nice fps boost.
May 15, 2020
71 posts
22 upvotes
mediumsteak wrote:

Have you tried Aorus before? I don't know anything about it, does it worth it? Because I see them on the cheap range with Acer with better performance.
Deal Addict
Mar 15, 2019
2306 posts
3008 upvotes
it's a sale, not a deal
-------------------
Rogers mobile + internet
Deal Addict
Aug 28, 2014
1455 posts
3173 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
Pandelonium wrote: Anyone know if this deal is preferable to the Lenovo 14p Gen 3 laptop that was advertised here earlier?

For comparison, the 14p Gen 3 specs were (once upgraded) AMD Ryzen™ 7 6800H Processor, 2.2k 300 nits IPS screen, 16GB DD5 RAM, 1TB SSD, and Integrated AMD Radeon graphics.
The device you are referring is a completely different category and more of an productivity/office laptop.

The product discussed here is targeting gaming.
Jan 20, 2023
2 posts
4 upvotes
mediumsteak wrote: The device you are referring is a completely different category and more of an productivity/office laptop.

The product discussed here is targeting gaming.
My purposes are to just have a good, solid laptop that will serve me well for a while. I do a lot of Word processing along with Photoshop processing (nothing too heavy), but I would like to occasionally game (although I don't need to play anything super new. There are tons of old games I haven't played yet.) Any idea which laptop might serve me better?
Dec 19, 2016
415 posts
643 upvotes
haranzo wrote: The 3070 ti 1299 laptop from eBay Lenovo did not materialize for many....I was sad that I didn't get in that boat.

No, all were cancelled. Much disappoint
Deal Addict
Aug 28, 2014
1455 posts
3173 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
Pandelonium wrote: My purposes are to just have a good, solid laptop that will serve me well for a while. I do a lot of Word processing along with Photoshop processing (nothing too heavy), but I would like to occasionally game (although I don't need to play anything super new. There are tons of old games I haven't played yet.) Any idea which laptop might serve me better?
Office work such as word processing, presentations, emails, web browsing do not require any specific hardware. Any computer can do it. You don't need a lot of processing power, you don't need powerful graphics, you don't need a color accurate display. Hence, office work is not the driving factor in your purchase decision.

Instead, you have to rank whether creative work is more important, or gaming is more important.

If content creation (e.g. photo editing, video editing, design, etc.) is more important, the ThinkBook is more suitable for you. It has a color accurate screen, meaning that if you are working on a blue shade, it's actually blue and not purple. This screen is also of higher resolution, thus displaying more details in your media.

If gaming is more important to you, then the Legion is more suitable. The Legion has faster graphics processing power and a higher refresh display - this enables smoother gameplay.
Feb 4, 2015
670 posts
2467 upvotes
Calgary, AB
Unless you need something now I would wait. This is an "ok" price, but not an amazing deal. I paid ~$1100 for a Lenovo 3060 laptop 1.5 years ago so it's crazy that prices are still so high.

Just keep in mind that in CES they launched new CPUs and GPUs so you are likely to get better performance for the same price as they are released (or if price is the main consideration you can buy an old model on clearance). By mid-year there would be wide availability but they should start trickling out over the next few months.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 12, 2006
6906 posts
3331 upvotes
Canada
mediumsteak wrote: The unfortunate thing about $999 laptops ($750 USD) is that even for 2-3 year old games (such as Valhalla or Cyberpunk) you already have to turn settings down to medium or low just to maintain a smooth 60 fps.

First of all it's a laptop .. and a complete one at that, in order to achieve those "framerates tomorrow" you live in fear of you'd need a graphics card that costs more than this, plus the rest of the pc components to go along with it.
Nov 28, 2013
454 posts
225 upvotes
Ottawa
Yesterday afternoon I was able to get this Legion 5iPro with 16" QHD 3070 16GB ram 1TB SSD quoted directly by Lenovo for $1999, so last evening I placed the order:

https://www.lenovo.com/ca/en/p/laptops/ ... 006xus?org

THEN... with 10% CB from Rakuten (as a special at the moment) I got $207 back within hours (already in my acc) ...AND woke up this AM to find it was Shipped last night 2am and scheduled to be here Friday - WOOHOO!!

THEN... with Extra Lenovo Rewards bonus offer (as a special til Feb 5) I also get $130 to spend at Lenovo in 30 days after points arrives... which is enough for a Free Lenovo Legion hard case backpack (which I was going to buy anyways) and some LED lights for my kid.

PLUS 2% Cashback from my Credit Card ($40) ...makes this a STEAL for me (vs. for example this deal at CC: https://www.canadacomputers.com/product ... _id=226007 ...which is on Sale til Wed or Thurs and only has 512 GB SSD for $1799)).

RFD EFFECT >>> It was like paying about $1623 for the laptop :D ($1999 - 207 - 130 - 40)
(I then also added 3 yrs extended warranty next business day service + 3 yrs accidental coverage at discount for $176 total (Can. Computers wanted $240-70 just for 2 yrs extended warranty). Bill was $2480-ish including taxes (13% GST Ont) before all discount listed above).

SO THANKS RFD - for all the years of training to get this sweet deal :D :D :D #FutureProofed
Last edited by MakeUsADeal on Jan 31st, 2023 5:52 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Long May Your Big Deals Jib Draw!!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)