• Last Updated:
  • Mar 8th, 2019 9:17 am
Deal Fanatic
Jul 4, 2004
7798 posts
797 upvotes
Ethanz wrote:
Jan 28th, 2019 5:38 pm
got mine 3 days ago, found a problem about the viewing angle not right, when look direct at the screen, texts are fading out, need to turn the screen facing down like 10-15 degrees to get the best view
are yours same or just mine is defective?
Same problem as last year's model. I have the grey scale (no color) version and that one is acceptable.
Signature removed due to external link rule violation.
Deal Addict
Dec 2, 2005
2348 posts
108 upvotes
The unit is poorly calibrated compared to my 3 ThermoPro TP53 https://www.amazon.ca/ThermoPro-Thermom ... B07D6GB3NQ

You will need to celebrate it if better accuracy is desirable, but then you will need a known reference.

The spec doesn't state accuracy. Temp delta between base sensor and remote sensor is 0.6 degree, 1 to 1.5 degrees higher compared to the TP53. Humidity is 2% higher (base) and 4% higher (remote) then the TP53. The Acurite has been powered on for over 1 week and all units are placed together for the assessment.

For reference, the 3 TP53 temp readings are identical, only 2% humidity span. For all the sensors, it takes days for the humidity to reach steady state from a large change, say from outside back to inside.
Apr 25, 2007
138 posts
40 upvotes
GTA
Got this for $14.97 @Vaughan yesterday. About 20 left - in the stationery aisle.
Was looking to buy hygrometer from amazon anyway. This Acurite seems to be better/more features vs others at this price range on amazon. Will see if it works fine...
Oct 12, 2012
583 posts
649 upvotes
Saw it for $14.97 2 weeks ago at Willingdon location in Burnaby. Price protected the one I bought for 19.97