• Last Updated:
  • Mar 8th, 2019 9:17 am
Deal Fanatic
Jul 4, 2004
8177 posts
1118 upvotes
Ethanz wrote:
Jan 28th, 2019 5:38 pm
got mine 3 days ago, found a problem about the viewing angle not right, when look direct at the screen, texts are fading out, need to turn the screen facing down like 10-15 degrees to get the best view
are yours same or just mine is defective?
Same problem as last year's model. I have the grey scale (no color) version and that one is acceptable.
Help an animal charity or sanctuary out today. Become a volunteer, advocate, foster a pet, or donate. They need you as much as you need them!
Deal Addict
Dec 2, 2005
2360 posts
110 upvotes
The unit is poorly calibrated compared to my 3 ThermoPro TP53 https://www.amazon.ca/ThermoPro-Thermom ... B07D6GB3NQ

You will need to celebrate it if better accuracy is desirable, but then you will need a known reference.

The spec doesn't state accuracy. Temp delta between base sensor and remote sensor is 0.6 degree, 1 to 1.5 degrees higher compared to the TP53. Humidity is 2% higher (base) and 4% higher (remote) then the TP53. The Acurite has been powered on for over 1 week and all units are placed together for the assessment.

For reference, the 3 TP53 temp readings are identical, only 2% humidity span. For all the sensors, it takes days for the humidity to reach steady state from a large change, say from outside back to inside.
Apr 25, 2007
145 posts
52 upvotes
GTA
Got this for $14.97 @Vaughan yesterday. About 20 left - in the stationery aisle.
Was looking to buy hygrometer from amazon anyway. This Acurite seems to be better/more features vs others at this price range on amazon. Will see if it works fine...
Oct 12, 2012
770 posts
1025 upvotes
Saw it for $14.97 2 weeks ago at Willingdon location in Burnaby. Price protected the one I bought for 19.97