Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Costco

Aerogarden Harvest Elite Slim $99.97 YMMV

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 11th, 2022 7:58 am
Deal Addict
Apr 15, 2003
2011 posts
935 upvotes
Ottawa
bouche wrote: i looked at these a couple years ago and decided against it. limited grow space, proprietary pods were both red flags.

went instead for an LED grow light array from amazon, and have been starting plants successfully in little peat trays for the last couple of years. lots of coverage.

another friend bought the same light and has 2 gorgeous cannabis plants on the rise.
What light array did you end up getting? I'm looking at T5 LED's for seed starting and salads but am also looking for a light for flowering and fruit.
Deal Addict
Apr 15, 2003
2011 posts
935 upvotes
Ottawa
lynk wrote: Aerogarden works well enough, but it's expensive and the biggest problem is that the pods are too close together, so the plants get too crowded as they grow, competing with each other for space and light.

Kratky passive hydroponics is less work, a lot cheaper, and produces better results. This prizehead lettuce took less than 40 days in a 1L mason jar. The only maintenance required was refilling the nutrient water once.

Definitely easy and cost effective if you've got south facing windows that these can soak up the light. For those that go this route don't forget to cover the mason jars to prevent algae from growing in the jar.
Deal Addict
Apr 15, 2003
2011 posts
935 upvotes
Ottawa
krazykanuck wrote: Agree on the comments regarding hydroponics. By no means did I get a great kit - but in January when Rona was putting tons of stuff on clearance, I decided to get the Root Farm Hydro Garden Kit. I've moved my seedlings from tray to the kit and they started to grow some nice roots. Two weeks ago I added a small air pump w/air stone and the plants have doubled in growth and roots length. It's convinced me next year to make a custom kit for my summer flowers and garden vegetables.
Damn I've been waiting for that Root Farm kit to drop further in price, it looks like it's been sitting at $90 for a while now.
Deal Addict
Jul 10, 2014
3877 posts
1975 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
umadbrah wrote: can you grow weed in this
https://www.aeroweed.info/

There's a whole website and subculture devoted to this.

I personally think it's ridiculous because they all turn out shit unless you put a lot more light on it and even then, I've seen like a handful that look like this and unfortunately a ton that look more like this.
Deal Addict
Jul 10, 2014
3877 posts
1975 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
Intenze wrote: I believe water volume is exactly the same but this one just has a slimmer profile.
Is the general grow space and light the same size? I don't want slim harvests!
Nov 7, 2016
472 posts
334 upvotes
djdestroyer wrote: Is the general grow space and light the same size? I don't want slim harvests!
I was looking at the dimensions, and seems like it might be just a bit smaller.

Anyone who has both wants to chime in?
Sep 27, 2019
2 posts
Does anyone know if there’s any left at the Costco at Warden ave? Or found any at the billy bishop ave location?

Thanks
Apr 6, 2008
241 posts
62 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Shihtzus wrote: I bought the 1 qt aerogarden plant food for $34.99 from Amazon back in April. Don’t know why it’s $127 now.

You can buy directly from aerogarden.com. One litre is on sale for US$23.96.
Canadian Tire has 1Lt miracle grow AeroGarden Liquid Plant Food for $34.99
Deal Addict
Sep 23, 2009
2471 posts
146 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks op! Been eyeing this for a few years but decided to take the plunge.
Nov 25, 2018
85 posts
118 upvotes
Have this unit, Only recommend for small plants like herbs eg. parsley. It’s not going to fit tomato’s or weeds guys. LOL.
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2006
3579 posts
2985 upvotes
Markham
FWIW, Costco Richmond Hill (John Birchall Road) only had the display unit when I went last night @7:30p.

Freedom Mobile $40/20GB
Public Mobile $38/5GB
Dec 24, 2018
173 posts
76 upvotes
ilovevideogames wrote: You are paying more for name brand, compactness, and ease of use. I had my eye on these until I realized there was a better, cheaper alternative: McKenzie Seed Starting Stand (with light) or you can make your own set up by buying the correct bulbs placing them into lamps with clamps, and some sort of housing container for the seeds themselves.

I just spend the past month watching The Rusted Garden youtube channel where they talked all about this. I live in an apartment and wanted to start a lettuce and tomato garden outside.

AeroGarden is great if you want a nice looking, compact herb garden set up.
For more robust plants like tomatoes or carrots, and so on... think of a DIY with lamp and clamp as I noted above.

Hope this helps!
Sure, we are all house owners with our own workbench and several tools in the garage. Wake up!
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2017
3692 posts
4307 upvotes
Shihtzus wrote: Same here re: more basil than knowing what to do.

Can you grow herbs and lettuce in the same 6-pod garden? I don’t know what to do with dill and thyme and may swap them for real vegetables.
Yes, you can grow lettuce and cherry tomatoes easily. I've had an Aerogarden for over 5 years. Herbs grow the best, especially all types of basil, mint, parsley and thyme. You can have multiple large harvests from each batch. All herbs are amazing on sandwiches, especially with eggs. Just made one this morning with lettuce and herbs straight from the Aerogarden.
Images
  • IMG_20200513_122741.jpg
Last edited by thelasthunter on May 14th, 2020 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
For Sale:
Deal Fanatic
Apr 8, 2010
5621 posts
1552 upvotes
Toronto
too bad tomatoes seems like its hard to grow in this, we go thru them like crazy
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2017
3692 posts
4307 upvotes
Gotoff wrote: too bad tomatoes seems like its hard to grow in this, we go thru them like crazy
Cherry tomatoes are not hard at all in the Aerogarden. They take longer than herbs and have a strong smell, but I get great tomatoes when I plant them. My advice is to plant tomatoes in all six pods, because the plants are powerful and will eventually crowd out anything else that's in there.
For Sale:
Deal Fanatic
Apr 8, 2010
5621 posts
1552 upvotes
Toronto
thelasthunter wrote: Cherry tomatoes are not hard at all in the Aerogarden. They take longer than herbs and have a strong smell, but I get great tomatoes when I plant them. My advice is to plant tomatoes in all six pods, because the plants are powerful and will eventually crowd out anything else that's in there.
nah i meant beefstake or something similar in size.
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2017
3692 posts
4307 upvotes
Tomatoes come out great, but herbs come out the best imo. Here's my current garden. It will give me about 3 months of strong harvest than decline, which is the time I know to replant.
Images
  • IMG_20181119_005624.jpg
For Sale:
Dec 16, 2006
115 posts
91 upvotes
Edmonton
thelasthunter wrote: Tomatoes come out great, but herbs come out the best imo. Here's my current garden. It will give me about 3 months of strong harvest than decline, which is the time I know to replant.
Pro tip; Keep the party going.

1. Cut your roots all the time (Learned about this from reddit). I do mine every cleaning (two weeks)
2. Cut your plants all the time. Keep them trimmed. I guess herbs like to be cut. I have a basil thats 9 months old.
3. Get the bulk Net pots (amazon has 'em)
4. Take healthy cuttings from your current plants and root them (I use shot glasses). You basically end up with unlimited plants. The basil i mentioned above, is a cutting from a plant i had outside.
5. Clean that sucker. I use bleach, at least once a month. I circulate it for a morning, rinse then add back the freshly trimmed plants