• Last Updated:
  • Jul 12th, 2020 9:37 pm
[OP]
Aug 27, 2006
321 posts
649 upvotes
GTA

[Costco] Air Hawk MAX Cordless Inflator $59.99

Not sure if there is a diffence between Pro and Max.
But at least it's $20 cheaper than other retailers

Max
https://www.amazon.ca/Cordless-Portable ... 029&sr=8-3

Pro
https://www.amazon.ca/As-Seen-TV-454574 ... 284&sr=8-1
Images
  • 20200710_105818.jpg
32 replies
Jan 19, 2007
859 posts
481 upvotes
I can't imagine in what circumstance this would be more advantageous than Ryobi or Milwaukee's inflators. I laughed when I saw the price of this on TV and then it appeared at my local Costco.

Can someone explain this to me? No offense OP.
[OP]
Aug 27, 2006
321 posts
649 upvotes
GTA
kronos288 wrote: I can't imagine in what circumstance this would be more advantageous than Ryobi or Milwaukee's inflators. I laughed when I saw the price of this on TV and then it appeared at my local Costco.

Half the price considering it comes with the battery?
Costco warranty?

Ryobi, if you don't have the battery, the tool alone is $80.
Last edited by el'ation on Jul 10th, 2020 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
May 9, 2003
1335 posts
593 upvotes
kronos288 wrote: I can't imagine in what circumstance this would be more advantageous than Ryobi or Milwaukee's inflators. I laughed when I saw the price of this on TV and then it appeared at my local Costco.

For those who aren't invested in the Ryobi ecosystem. This is a tool that comes with battery and tool and charger.
Deal Addict
Apr 23, 2005
1495 posts
605 upvotes

For those of us who already have Ryobi batteries, the Ryobi inflator seems to be way to go. If you don't already have the batteries, then this one at $60 could be the way to go (assuming the quality is the same of course).
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2014
1961 posts
2101 upvotes
Toronto, ON
For about the same price range, there are also portable jumpstarters+inflator combo units (with lights, emergency, USB)

Might be a good alternative for some if space isn't an issue
Jan 19, 2007
859 posts
481 upvotes
bizzyseller wrote: For those who aren't invested in the Ryobi ecosystem. This is a tool that comes with battery and tool and charger.
For around the same price you could however get your hands on a ryobi battery and similar handheld inflator. It's definitely better than the TV price of $80-$100.

My biggest gripe with this tool is that when that lithium ion battery conks out, how do you get it replaced/cost? The Milwaukee and ryobi systems have been out for a long time.
Jan 19, 2007
859 posts
481 upvotes
el'ation wrote: Half the price considering it comes with the battery?
Costco warranty?

Ryobi, if you don't have the battery, the tool alone is $80.
The similar ryobi inflator is currently $40 (not the larger unit). The warranty on ryobi is also 3 years... I'm not sure you'll have much luck after 2 with Costco considering it's the battery that's going to fail which is considered consumable.
Mar 17, 2017
142 posts
55 upvotes
Just a heads up: had bought this for a friend who wanted to use it as a tire inflator and during camping for mattresses / floats etc.

It sucks for the latter even though it claims to be usable for the same on the pack.

In short: for high pressure, low volume i.e tires it works. But for high volume low pressure like floats, air mattresses etc its terrible. Pl stay away. Had to return his.
Apr 5, 2003
299 posts
46 upvotes
Edmonton
I was in the market for a portable inflator but the poor reviews on amazon really turned me off of this product. There are alternatives that seem to review much better than this inflator.
Jun 20, 2009
58 posts
22 upvotes
edmonton
kashirat wrote: I was in the market for a portable inflator but the poor reviews on amazon really turned me off of this product. There are alternatives that seem to review much better than this inflator.
Take a look at Home Depot. They have the Milwaukee M12 inflator + battery kit combo (2x 4.0) for $199. It’s a real good deal for an excellent cordless inflator.
Sep 13, 2016
474 posts
652 upvotes
GTA
Stay away anything “made for tv” informercial is pure shit.
May 29, 2005
664 posts
166 upvotes
Nepean
Anyone use the ryobi on a paddle board? At least to fill it to 8 psi or so?
Deal Fanatic
Nov 13, 2002
5826 posts
247 upvotes
Quebec
can the ryobi work like an air duster?