Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Costco

AirPods Pro 2 $319.99 ($10 off) [Members Only]

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 22nd, 2022 3:00 am
Deal Addict
Jul 4, 2006
4255 posts
1024 upvotes
Jonick wrote: I don't why everyone is losing their sh!t and complaining about Airpods pro 2. They are priced similarly to their competitors (Sennheiser, Bose, Sony) yet have one of the best ANC on the market. Prior to the 2nd gen, they are nearly as good as the Sony XM4s and those are even more expensive. 2nd gen airpods pro are likely to be even better now.

So what's up with the hate?
Some think that everyone should drive beige corollas.

I loathe planned obsolescence but who am I to judge someone who has a good use case for it? If someone doesn't have a use case and still buys it, I'm cool with that too as that helps the share price lol.

Haters gonna hate and try to be contrarian but it's a $2.4T company so they're doing something right.
Jul 19, 2018
871 posts
1415 upvotes
blackbirdman wrote: Agreed. I'd buy this if it was like 100$ don't need em and overpriced. Same people who buy everything overpriced, one day they'll realize the people have the power, if no one bought these the price would have to be forced lower.
Actually what would happen is huge corporations would get backed by governments to force people to have these to go to work, school, travel and buy everyday things. Then the price would just be what it is.

Hmm…..sounds familiar.
Deal Addict
Feb 13, 2015
3310 posts
4376 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
Drew81 wrote: Actually what would happen is huge corporations would get backed by governments to force people to have these to go to work, school, travel and buy everyday things. Then the price would just be what it is.

Hmm…..sounds familiar.
Ugh no?
😎Thanks RFD😎
Aug 30, 2015
998 posts
707 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
Can you return opened earbuds to apple or Costco with no issues?
Deal Addict
Jun 7, 2008
4765 posts
2278 upvotes
Toronto
Some insanely bad takes in this thread. Usual case of hate on apple cause it’s apple.

AirPod pro 1s were a good product, especially on sale, I’m saying this and I love hating on apple.

They are significantly better than the non pros, non pros are pretty bad imo in terms of sound etc.

I’ll probably get these when they go on sale in 1 year for around 200 ish, same as pro 1.
Current KOODO and FIDO customer😎
Deal Addict
Nov 27, 2013
1114 posts
1217 upvotes
I feel like it is going to become increasingly harder and harder to justify $300+ wireless earbuds as the competition increases and there are more options.

This tech isn't that complex or expensive and I don't really see it evolving that much from here on out.
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2008
1123 posts
1862 upvotes
Montreal
xboxrrr wrote: I feel like it is going to become increasingly harder and harder to justify $300+ wireless earbuds as the competition increases and there are more options.

This tech isn't that complex or expensive and I don't really see it evolving that much from here on out.
I disagree, this tech may seem simple, but making it work good and making work GREAT is where the difficulty is.

So far, only Sony and Apple seem to be making this work, and being able to improve it every generation is the difficult part.

Having tried 3-4 different kinds of ANC earbuds/headphones, I can say XM4s and Airpods Pro are the best, XM4 if you have Android, and Airpods Pro if you are with IOS just for the integration.

There is a reason why these are among the most popular ANC earbuds despite their price. XM4s are a whopping 100$ more than APPs, and people are so happy when they go on sale for 349$.

There is a market for 30$ earbuds, but there is also a market for 300$ earbuds.

I’m not saying a beige Corolla is bad, but a nice sports car isn’t bad either. To each their own.
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2007
1271 posts
347 upvotes
Montreal
pca_pca_pca wrote: Can you return opened earbuds to apple or Costco with no issues?
within 90 days without any questions in Costco
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2013
2828 posts
1225 upvotes
Quebec
I wonder if SDM has them since they seem to only list gen 1 on their site
Dec 24, 2011
56 posts
100 upvotes
yym789 wrote: within 90 days without any questions in Costco
Yes you can within 90 days, but they do ask questions when you return.
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2007
2438 posts
1415 upvotes
Toronto
xboxrrr wrote: I feel like it is going to become increasingly harder and harder to justify $300+ wireless earbuds as the competition increases and there are more options.

Please point to an equivalent alternative.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 19, 2006
5743 posts
1452 upvotes
First time picking up a pair of Airpods of any sort and had a few sessions of short listens, all imo:
- ANC better than the WH-1000XM3.
- transparent mode is amazing (although I think this carries through out all airpod series), the sound coming in is pretty clear/crisp in comparison to the XM3. This is especially important for walking/running outdoors.
- SQ is pretty good, although I don't have anything directly to compare against since I rarely use IEMs/headphones now. Bass is apparent, mid seems a tad pulled back/thin although I have not tested with different tips yet so might get better results.
- having touch on the stem is great, volume control and mode changes are simple/fast.
- the seamless connectivity with the entire Apple ecosystem so easy, from the initial point of connecting to iphone to swapping over to my mac without doing anything.
- they are pretty comfortable to wear, but this is ymmv.

Is it worth $329 or $319? I think that is really subjective and depending on what you're really looking for. For traveling (esp on plane), I think it's worth it to have a better pair of ANC (than XM3) in much smaller form factor.
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2012
1961 posts
4545 upvotes
Are these available in store already?
Sep 7, 2003
944 posts
424 upvotes
cursayer wrote: Are these available in store already?
Checked yesterday and they only have Gen 1. Curious what the instore price will be. My guess would be $299.99.
Deal Addict
Nov 27, 2013
1114 posts
1217 upvotes
Jonick wrote: I disagree, this tech may seem simple, but making it work good and making work GREAT is where the difficulty is.

So far, only Sony and Apple seem to be making this work, and being able to improve it every generation is the difficult part.

Having tried 3-4 different kinds of ANC earbuds/headphones, I can say XM4s and Airpods Pro are the best, XM4 if you have Android, and Airpods Pro if you are with IOS just for the integration.

There is a reason why these are among the most popular ANC earbuds despite their price. XM4s are a whopping 100$ more than APPs, and people are so happy when they go on sale for 349$.

There is a market for 30$ earbuds, but there is also a market for 300$ earbuds.

I’m not saying a beige Corolla is bad, but a nice sports car isn’t bad either. To each their own.
So you think earbud makers will just be taking an entire decade and iterating on ANC to keep charging $300? I doubt it. This market will mature fast imo

The only other feature I could see is maybe integrating cell radio directing in the earbud to cut out the need of an accessory...though then the controls will be still restrictive.

Anything beyond that and it would be an entirely new product imo. Like Apple's supposed AR glasses.
Deal Fanatic
May 25, 2009
7597 posts
4408 upvotes
Toronto
Where are people getting airpod pro 1 for 180 / 220?
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2007
1271 posts
347 upvotes
Montreal
fightbriz wrote: Where are people getting airpod pro 1 for 180 / 220?
was 229 in Costco store last month
Deal Addict
Jul 4, 2006
4255 posts
1024 upvotes
vistokid wrote: Checked yesterday and they only have Gen 1. Curious what the instore price will be. My guess would be $299.99.
Usually Costco charges $0-10 for shipping. I don’t think they’d charge $20 for shipping such a small item.
Deal Addict
Jan 10, 2009
2515 posts
1849 upvotes
Boom and Bust Calgar…
Apparently nobody but Apple stores got them for in person pickup on the 23th.
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2005
1475 posts
23 upvotes
Markham
anyone know how the sound quality compares to the regular AirPods 3?

I don't care for volume controls, portability or noise cancellation (at least i don't think), i don't think i need the pro features.

I am using this at home, for walks and for work. I value easy switching between devices (apple TV, wife phone and my phone). Would AirPods 3 be a big step down in quality? AirPods Max at a discount will provide more value?