Costco Akg C50 bt on ear Bluetooth

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 27th, 2018 11:53 am
Deal Fanatic
Apr 15, 2009
6049 posts
4489 upvotes
M-Arkham
consumerPI wrote: St. Catharines Costco has about 30 as of closing today. Thank me if you like my report. :) I also thanks the OP.
I can see them getting cleaned out by tmr evening since that costco is next to the QEW.

Anyway, thanks for letting us know.
1x Zoomer $45 for 7GB ,unlimited can wide talk n unlimited txt
1x Fido $40 for 5GB w/ unlimited Can Wide txt/talk small plan(+3GB bonus )
1x Fido $45 for 4Gb w/ unlimited Canada wide n 1000 int min + LG velvet 5G
Jun 15, 2008
63 posts
49 upvotes
So I went and bought a couple pair in Nanaimo today (lots there, over 25 on the shelf). I posted earlier asking about audio lag, nobody replied, so I decided to buy and try. The good news is that I can't detect any latency issues. The Bluetooth audio seems to sync fine with my TV (which has aptX) and my MacBook Pro, when watching video. The general sound quality is OK, I wouldn't say great, but good. I'm comparing them to my wired Sennheiser 598SE headphones. I did not try these AKGs with a cord, only wireless, so I can't comment on wired sound quality. Perhaps it's a bit better, but I bought these for their wireless capability.

The bad news, for me, is that these are painful to wear after about 20 mins. I suppose I have a larger than average head, and even though I tried adjusting them, the headband does not have enough padding and it hurts the top of my noggin. They're not exactly lightweight. However, the worst part is on my ears. The metal band is very tight, like a spring, and these things simply crush my ears after about 20 mins., to the point of pain. It's a relief to remove them. The sole purpose of purchasing these was to watch TV. They'd be fine if I stuck to shows 20 mins or less. No thanks, they're going back. I've ordered the August EP650 cans (Amazon) that have much better bluetooth specs (4.2 with aptX-LL) and very good reviews for comfort, as they are over the ear.

Disappointing because these AKGs seem well made, very solid with a quality feel, and a very good price at $50, IMO. I read a few negative reviews that stated they were not comfortable, but I read a lot more reviews that said they were very comfortable, so I took a chance.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 31, 2001
8224 posts
624 upvotes
Toronto
Anyone know what these were priced at originally? I see some on ebay and other liquidation sites around the $30-$60 range. Plus aren't the cool kids all looking for the "Bose" or "Beats by Dre" brands, ignoring other brands with equal or better quality such as these AKG's by Harman?
Brewmeanie wrote: I can see them getting cleaned out by tmr evening since that costco is next to the QEW.

Anyway, thanks for letting us know.
Dec 2, 2014
392 posts
343 upvotes
Calgary, AB
wadokai wrote: Called sunridge, Balzac, and beacon hill in calgary. All saying they sold out.

=/
thanks for the heads up, was going to check
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2011
1249 posts
288 upvotes
Edmonton
Anyone see in Edmonton North or West?
Deal Addict
Nov 30, 2006
2286 posts
124 upvotes
yuan23 wrote: Any in the GTA?
None in Scarborough. I had the employee look and he said they were all out.
Mar 25, 2018
9 posts
38 upvotes
Surrey has quite a few left, around 15 - 20 plus. I picked up two for the family.

Good luck!
Deal Fanatic
Apr 15, 2009
6049 posts
4489 upvotes
M-Arkham
consumerPI wrote: Anyone know what these were priced at originally? I see some on ebay and other liquidation sites around the $30-$60 range. Plus aren't the cool kids all looking for the "Bose" or "Beats by Dre" brands, ignoring other brands with equal or better quality such as these AKG's by Harman?
The c50bt r Costco clone of y50bt, the y50 r priced at $150 while the c50 r priced at $130
1x Zoomer $45 for 7GB ,unlimited can wide talk n unlimited txt
1x Fido $40 for 5GB w/ unlimited Can Wide txt/talk small plan(+3GB bonus )
1x Fido $45 for 4Gb w/ unlimited Canada wide n 1000 int min + LG velvet 5G
Banned
Dec 4, 2016
189 posts
42 upvotes
Vancouver
Are these significantly better than the $20 chinese ones on Amazon.ca?
Deal Guru
Jul 20, 2006
10158 posts
3492 upvotes
ineedmoneypls wrote: Are these significantly better than the $20 chinese ones on Amazon.ca?
No, the chinese ones on Amazon are better.
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2015
3447 posts
3893 upvotes
bobcat99 wrote: No, the chinese ones on Amazon are better.
lol, "Chinese" and "Better" in one sentence :D.

I know many brands are made in china, but no name Chinese brands are not better than a brand name made in china at most.
Stay strong, situation always looks harder and that it will never end when you are in the middle of it, but remember past experiences, everything has an ending.
Temp. Banned
Apr 13, 2016
747 posts
491 upvotes
Bought these for $80 but they are uncomfortable, on-ear, heavy, and sound extremely mediocre, so I never use them. Battery life is good. My dad uses his, though his expectations are low.

Save your money... Or don't.
[Inappropriate signature]
Nov 26, 2015
624 posts
137 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Can we adjust the price after calling customer service? I bought it around $79 but now nowhere it is in stock near GTA..So in store u cant price adjust...Any suggestions?
Aug 2, 2015
267 posts
188 upvotes
snipzy wrote: Bought these for $80 but they are uncomfortable, on-ear, heavy, and sound extremely mediocre, so I never use them. Battery life is good. My dad uses his, though his expectations are low.

Save your money... Or don't.
Wrong.
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2015
3447 posts
3893 upvotes
krnmeraiya wrote: Can we adjust the price after calling customer service? I bought it around $79 but now nowhere it is in stock near GTA..So in store u cant price adjust...Any suggestions?
Don't know if you can do a price adjustment over the phone with customer service as they would only do that for online orders. Best chance is going to store and request a price adjustment as you had it under a month.
Stay strong, situation always looks harder and that it will never end when you are in the middle of it, but remember past experiences, everything has an ending.