Costco

Costco Akg C50 bt on ear Bluetooth

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 27th, 2018 11:53 am
Deal Guru
Jul 20, 2006
10187 posts
3508 upvotes
krnmeraiya wrote: Can we adjust the price after calling customer service? I bought it around $79 but now nowhere it is in stock near GTA..So in store u cant price adjust...Any suggestions?
Store has to have it in stock for the price adjustment.
Aug 4, 2004
858 posts
397 upvotes
Vancouver
4 left in PoCo
Licensed Automotive Technician
Nov 26, 2015
624 posts
137 upvotes
Toronto, ON
bobcat99 wrote: Store has to have it in stock for the price adjustment.
yeah went to two stores they told me that until and unless its on the shelf we can price match not without it
Dec 6, 2008
285 posts
161 upvotes
Ontario
Guelph has zero. Rep said maybe St Catherines. Otherwise gone gone gone.
Deal Addict
Sep 3, 2006
4922 posts
2087 upvotes
Winnipeg
Has anyone seen them at Winnipeg South recently? Thank-you.
Don't like the thread? Hide it or report it. Don't incessantly complain about it in the thread, please.
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2011
2565 posts
2284 upvotes
GVRD
It may be a silly question, but what's the benefit of big cans over high quality in ear buds?

I guess it would keep the ears warm on cold days, and it could be a fashion statement. Anything else?

I knew these would drop. There were considerable quantities remaining in stores at $79 and they were lingering.
Last edited by RxMills on Mar 27th, 2018 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jun 15, 2008
63 posts
49 upvotes
snipzy wrote: Bought these for $80 but they are uncomfortable, on-ear, heavy, and sound extremely mediocre, so I never use them. Battery life is good. My dad uses his, though his expectations are low.
PeterG684243 wrote: Wrong.
No, not wrong. Read my opinion on these headphones, earlier in the thread. I bought 2 because of the hype here, and they're both going back. On MY head, they hurt on the top where there is minimal padding, and especially on the ears, because the headband is way too tight. I can wear them for 20-30mins, then have to remove them because of ear cartilage pain.

The sound IS mediocre using Bluetooth, IMO. Not poor, just not great. More than adequate for watching TV though, which is why I bought them, and fine for casual music listening. Let's face it, you're not going to get audiophile grade headphones for $50.

And they do feel heavy. I weighed them at 251g, which is heavier than my larger, full sized, over the ear Sennheiser 598SE headphones at 244g. If a person has a tiny head, these AKGs may work well for you. If you have a larger head, you may not be happy.

Edit: Upon further auditioning today, I think the sound of these AKGs are actually better than what I last indicated. It depends on the type of music being played. They don't do as well on acoustic music as they do on music with more bass and mids. I really have no complaints with the sound quality, when considering the cost of these. The comfort is the big thing. I think I would like to keep them now, at least one pair, so I'm going to try and stretch them for a few days on a box to see if they loosen up.

I ordered, received, and auditioned a pair of August EP650 headphones today and although they are MUCH more comfortable than the AKGs, the sound quality is inferior, unfortunately. No depth or clarity, and a bit muddy. Still fine for TV though, which is what I'll be using them for.
Last edited by Yakadee on Mar 27th, 2018 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Jan 9, 2013
1508 posts
1223 upvotes
St Catharines
Hockeyman888 wrote: Guelph has zero. Rep said maybe St Catherines. Otherwise gone gone gone.
For anyone still looking I can confirm St Catharines still had a bunch at 6pm today.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 15, 2009
6051 posts
4499 upvotes
M-Arkham
Yakadee wrote: No, not wrong. Read my opinion on these headphones, earlier in the thread. I bought 2 because of the hype here, and they're both going back. On MY head, they hurt on the top where there is minimal padding, and especially on the ears, because the headband is way too tight. I can wear them for 20-30mins, then have to remove them because of ear cartilage pain.

The sound IS mediocre using Bluetooth, IMO. Not poor, just not great. More than adequate for watching TV though, which is why I bought them, and fine for casual music listening. Let's face it, you're not going to get audiophile grade headphones for $50.

And they do feel heavy. I weighed them at 251g, which is heavier than my larger, full sized, over the ear Sennheiser 598SE headphones at 244g. If a person has a tiny head, these AKGs may work well for you. If you have a larger head, you may not be happy.

Edit: Upon further auditioning today, I think the sound of these AKGs are actually better than what I last indicated. It depends on the type of music being played. They don't do as well on acoustic music as they do on music with more bass and mids. I really have no complaints with the sound quality, when considering the cost of these. The comfort is the big thing. I think I would like to keep them now, at least one pair, so I'm going to try and stretch them for a few days on a box to see if they loosen up.

I ordered, received, and auditioned a pair of August EP650 headphones today and although they are MUCH more comfortable than the AKGs, the sound quality is inferior, unfortunately. No depth or clarity, and a bit muddy. Still fine for TV though, which is what I'll be using them for.
Personal comfort always differ in opinion, I found the weight to be fine probably due to me having used a lot of wireless gaming headset previously, and the audio is by far a lot better then I expected at $50(definitely better then the monster clarity HD BT200 at $70)

Edit: Just drive to and from home to work for the past 2 days with these on and no head pain, and my drive is an hour each way.
Last edited by Brewmeanie on Mar 27th, 2018 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1x Zoomer $45 for 7GB ,unlimited can wide talk n unlimited txt
1x Fido $40 for 5GB w/ unlimited Can Wide txt/talk small plan(+3GB bonus )
1x Fido $45 for 4Gb w/ unlimited Canada wide n 1000 int min + LG velvet 5G
Sep 9, 2008
401 posts
30 upvotes
Everywhere
Grabbed the last pair in PoCo.

Thanks OP great deal!
Aug 4, 2004
858 posts
397 upvotes
Vancouver
Brolly wrote: How much were they at PoCo?
Licensed Automotive Technician
Deal Addict
Jan 17, 2004
1565 posts
55 upvotes
Toronto
Bought a pair of these, but I can't seem to figure out how to mute the mic - is there really not a button for this ?

The user guide is not very useful.
Jun 21, 2012
367 posts
199 upvotes
Montreal
Are there any remaining in the Montreal area?
Last edited by smoisan on Mar 30th, 2018 7:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Aug 5, 2008
293 posts
104 upvotes
L'Assomption
If anybody finds any left in Montreal or want to sell an extra pair they got, pm me please :)
Dec 14, 2014
14 posts
2 upvotes
Longueuil, QC
Can anybody confirm if the led next to the usb port actually lights up when the headphone is charging? Or does the led next to the power button light up?

I'm starting to think I bought a faulty pair because there's no indication whatsoever of the headphones charging and after leaving them overnight to charge I'm still keep getting that annoying low battery alarm beeping after 10-15 minutes of usage.
Sep 11, 2011
689 posts
807 upvotes
Toronto
canucksaver wrote: Can anybody confirm if the led next to the usb port actually lights up when the headphone is charging? Or does the led next to the power button light up?

I'm starting to think I bought a faulty pair because there's no indication whatsoever of the headphones charging and after leaving them overnight to charge I'm still keep getting that annoying low battery alarm beeping after 10-15 minutes of usage.
As soon as I plug the USB cable to charge, the LED right beside the USB input goes red. I believe the light turned off when charged.

I do remember mine was completely drained out of the box also. I’m using a different charger and cable that can charge up to 2.4amp (made for iPad, etc). I believe it charged in about 2 hours the first time. I’m sure you’ve tried, but maybe try a different USB cord and/or power adapter?

PS. Also noticed can’t use them while they charge.