Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Costco

Alienware Aurora R8 Gaming PC - $1389.99-$20=$1,369.99 - Intel Core i5 9600K/1TB HDD/256GB SSD/16GB RAM/GeForce RTX 2070

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 8th, 2020 4:03 pm
Deal Addict
Apr 26, 2003
2761 posts
1830 upvotes
GTA
tvisforme wrote: What sort of symptoms did you notice with respect to the Ethernet card? I've been encountering random freezes where Chrome just stalls for seconds-to-minutes "resolving cache" and other Internet difficulties.
It just kept disappearing like it was unplugged and I'd have no network. I switched over to the WiFi connection, but it wasn't fast enough for what I wanted to do so I stopped that. I tried everything like manually removing the drivers and updating them, etc.. it'd be so annoying that it wouldn't work properly so I got tired of it and plugged in an Intel PCI network card and it's been flawless.
Dec 5, 2004
137 posts
86 upvotes
tvisforme wrote: What sort of symptoms did you notice with respect to the Ethernet card? I've been encountering random freezes where Chrome just stalls for seconds-to-minutes "resolving cache" and other Internet difficulties.
I've seen random freezes across the system. It'll maybe happen once or twice an hour at times, but it only freezes for about 2-3 seconds at most. Resource Manager shows a spike in disk, CPU and GPU when the freeze happens. Might be a driver or BIOS issue, or if it's possibly starting up the HD, but I haven't spent that much time troubleshooting this.
Jul 20, 2008
217 posts
70 upvotes
Waterloo
Unrelated to Ethernet issues, but I replaced the wireless card early on for an intel AX200. Solved a whole bunch of wifi/bt gripes I had.
Nov 14, 2008
857 posts
325 upvotes
Try uninstalling the killer network suite and leave the windows/microsoft driver for the card.
FirmBizzle wrote: I've seen random freezes across the system. It'll maybe happen once or twice an hour at times, but it only freezes for about 2-3 seconds at most. Resource Manager shows a spike in disk, CPU and GPU when the freeze happens. Might be a driver or BIOS issue, or if it's possibly starting up the HD, but I haven't spent that much time troubleshooting this.
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2012
2139 posts
2551 upvotes
Metro Vancouver
lostintransit wrote: Try uninstalling the killer network suite and leave the windows/microsoft driver for the card.
I've removed the Killer suite, reinstalling with only the drivers. Windows Update then updated some Killer-related drivers and I disabled the Killer Analytics Service, Killer Dynamic Bandwidth Management, Killer Network Service, Killer Wifi Optimization Service, xTendSoftAPService, and xTendUtilityService. So far, I haven't had the stalling issue again.
Sep 20, 2019
20 posts
11 upvotes
Hopefully some more deals like this show up again, it's been a while since we've seen some good desktop deals
Jun 21, 2020
4 posts
Is returning this PC possible with the recall letter even if you have the correct RAM?
Last edited by Kronca on Jul 17th, 2020 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2012
2139 posts
2551 upvotes
Metro Vancouver
Kronca wrote: Is returning this PC possible with the recall letter even if you don't have the correct RAM?
Recall letter? Did I miss something?
Jul 20, 2008
217 posts
70 upvotes
Waterloo
Seconded the recall letter question, I registered mine but haven't received any notices I know of. Anyone have a copy of it they could post?
Feb 18, 2006
932 posts
66 upvotes
Sorry to revive an old thread, but I ended up buying this desktop from Costco and while it's really nice, it's actually way too nice for me since I never end up using it much at all. If anyone reading this wishes they had a time machine, you can make me a reasonable offer, keeping in mind I had paid $1570 including tax for this. It's still basically brand new, I've modified nothing, and I did verify already that it did come with the better of the two sticks of hyper fury X ram or whatever it was called that everyone was so concerned about.
Deal Addict
Apr 2, 2007
1188 posts
221 upvotes
jperras wrote: Sorry to revive an old thread, but I ended up buying this desktop from Costco and while it's really nice, it's actually way too nice for me since I never end up using it much at all. If anyone reading this wishes they had a time machine, you can make me a reasonable offer, keeping in mind I had paid $1570 including tax for this. It's still basically brand new, I've modified nothing, and I did verify already that it did come with the better of the two sticks of hyper fury X ram or whatever it was called that everyone was so concerned about.
if you shipped, I would definately make an offer, but I guess thats not really feasible
Feb 18, 2006
932 posts
66 upvotes
I'd be willing to ship at cost. Not sure where you are located, but the package is approx. 20"X20"X20" and probably 40 pounds max, in case you wanna look up how much it would cost to ship.