Expired Hot Deals

[Costco] Alienware Aurora R8 Gaming PC - 1389.99$ - (Intel Core i5 9600K/1TB HDD/256GB SSD/16GB RAM/GeForce RTX 2070)

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 10th, 2020 6:01 pm
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2003
1805 posts
607 upvotes
Edmonton
Mrrfdxyz wrote: How do you upgrade? Are they gonna get your 2070 and switch it to 2080? At dell store?
when you go to the dell page and configure, you can chose the 2080 super as an option. see my screenshot on original post.

R U PACKIN HEAT
?
Nov 14, 2017
454 posts
597 upvotes
Vancouver
I bought this during the best buy deal. Is there a decent sub $500 2k monitor that would go well with this?
Nov 7, 2018
974 posts
695 upvotes
freewheelin76 wrote: when you go to the dell page and configure, you can chose the 2080 super as an option. see my screenshot on original post.
Do you order the whole desktop at dell.com instead of costco?
Nov 23, 2008
526 posts
78 upvotes
just an FYI that there's still 27 in stock online for those who still want to get.
Dec 23, 2008
188 posts
161 upvotes
Montreal
How do I use the 10% ebates and 10% dell rebate at the same time please? I might get that instead. I have the code for Dell already.
Deal Addict
Nov 6, 2016
1012 posts
969 upvotes
Just received my ship confirmation. Ordered at 11:30AM and shipped at 5:00PM. Costco you beautiful beast.
Apr 7, 2008
51 posts
10 upvotes
White Rock
Hi there everyone. I have an older pc about 5 years old, still running great. Can I purchase this high end Pc and take it to like BestBuy and get them to put my hard drive from my older PC to this new one? I would like to use the older drive as mainly storage as I have all my music and photos on it. So I would only access data from it while have the main operating system and all software on the new PC hard drive. Thanks
Aug 27, 2019
11 posts
60 upvotes
Dohboy wrote: It's liquid cooled. Here's a couple links that were from a post on this thread and the old Best Buy one:

Photos: https://imgur.com/r/Alienware/6WL9SO2

Linus Unboxing (different video card and processor so this model is slightly different): https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_cont ... GoCMDrzCq0
Do you happen to know if the fans tend to be quite loud normally? I bought the R8 during the Dell sale, and it seems to be quite loud (decibel checker I downloaded on my phone had it clocked around 60 db consistently and sometimes touching 70). Maybe this is just normal but it sounds abnormally loud during games. I know I can manually input the fan speeds but its something I'm just worried about.
Nov 7, 2018
974 posts
695 upvotes
produce123 wrote: Hi there everyone. I have an older pc about 5 years old, still running great. Can I purchase this high end Pc and take it to like BestBuy and get them to put my hard drive from my older PC to this new one? I would like to use the older drive as mainly storage as I have all my music and photos on it. So I would only access data from it while have the main operating system and all software on the new PC hard drive. Thanks
I would ask bestbuy
Apr 7, 2008
51 posts
10 upvotes
White Rock
Hi again, does this pc have an extra SATA port that I can just plug in my older pc’s hard drive? Thanks
Dec 29, 2011
167 posts
152 upvotes
Sherwood Park
produce123 wrote: Hi there everyone. I have an older pc about 5 years old, still running great. Can I purchase this high end Pc and take it to like BestBuy and get them to put my hard drive from my older PC to this new one? I would like to use the older drive as mainly storage as I have all my music and photos on it. So I would only access data from it while have the main operating system and all software on the new PC hard drive. Thanks
There should be an extra slot where you could install your old hard drive in. I'm like 99% sure there's an extra slot because I have an older model with a 1080ti and the same case.
Deal Addict
Nov 6, 2016
1012 posts
969 upvotes
That should work. If you're willing to google or YouTube you will save yourself some money doing it yourself. Moving a HDD probably one of the easier computer building tasks to learn.
Apr 13, 2017
446 posts
228 upvotes
It's definitely possible and its easy. even if there isn't room inside you can get an external enclosure
Nov 7, 2018
974 posts
695 upvotes
How many each of hdd, ssd and nvme and ram can this desktop have inside
Apr 25, 2006
321 posts
122 upvotes
Ontario
JDTSayer wrote: Do you happen to know if the fans tend to be quite loud normally? I bought the R8 during the Dell sale, and it seems to be quite loud (decibel checker I downloaded on my phone had it clocked around 60 db consistently and sometimes touching 70). Maybe this is just normal but it sounds abnormally loud during games. I know I can manually input the fan speeds but its something I'm just worried about.
I'm waiting for mine to ship so I'm not sure. I recall reading something about noise either on a post in this thread or the previous Best Buy one. If you have a chance to browse through there may be some info in there: https://forums.redflagdeals.com/best-bu ... 9-2312726/