Expired Hot Deals

[Costco] Alienware Aurora R8 Gaming PC - 1389.99$ - (Intel Core i5 9600K/1TB HDD/256GB SSD/16GB RAM/GeForce RTX 2070)

  • Last Updated:
  • Sep 10th, 2020 6:01 pm
Jr. Member
Aug 6, 2015
128 posts
146 upvotes
Toronto, ON
bardiabar9452630 wrote: I tried adding more HyperX fury 2933 ram to get to 32gb and had no luck. Going to just buy 2x 16gb sticks...looks like the hyperX fury ram that the system has is different than the one sold retail...somehow?
I'd be interested in the solution to this as well. Has anybody been successful adding 2x8GB RAM to the existing HyperX fury?
Deal Expert
User avatar
Dec 1, 2003
20900 posts
3354 upvotes
YUL
indeals wrote: That or they are getting the returns back into circulation.
Costco is very meticulous about returns. THey don't do that.
Newbie
Feb 4, 2017
96 posts
90 upvotes
moonj86 wrote: Do you guys keep all the DELL software installed?
Or should I just uninstall all?
Expect many will just do a clean Windows install to get rid of all bloatware.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Apr 18, 2009
3523 posts
717 upvotes
Toronto
lenz33 wrote: I'd be interested in the solution to this as well. Has anybody been successful adding 2x8GB RAM to the existing HyperX fury?
nope, you need to get rid of your existing ram in order to go to 32gb. this has been mentioned a million times already
Member
Nov 24, 2016
406 posts
115 upvotes
Calgary
spursbob2 wrote: Expect many will just do a clean Windows install to get rid of all bloatware.
I just put a win7 pro key and upgraded to pro (and yes it's still working).
As I thought maybe keep some of the dell software to do the update or maybe OC later?
Thanks
Member
Nov 24, 2016
406 posts
115 upvotes
Calgary
chroma_cg wrote: nope, you need to get rid of your existing ram in order to go to 32gb. this has been mentioned a million times already
So I saw Kingston HyperX 2933 from amazon or somewhere, that will also not work? I went through 20 pages yesterday, but not all yet.
Jr. Member
Aug 6, 2015
128 posts
146 upvotes
Toronto, ON
chroma_cg wrote: nope, you need to get rid of your existing ram in order to go to 32gb. this has been mentioned a million times already
Sorry. I was hoping against hope I guess. What a waste of perfectly good RAM and of course money. Anyone getting rid of their Ailienware HyperX Fury's? Pls, PM me. Toronto area.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Apr 18, 2009
3523 posts
717 upvotes
Toronto
lenz33 wrote: Sorry. I was hoping against hope I guess. What a waste of perfectly good RAM and of course money. Anyone getting rid of their Ailienware HyperX Fury's? Pls, PM me. Toronto area.
someone on BST posted this, you can give him a try (no idea where he is located though): http://forums.redflagdeals.com/wtb-16gb ... #p31500017

you can either sell your ram to him and then buy retail ram for yourself, or buy his ram and call it a day
Last edited by chroma_cg on Oct 2nd, 2019 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Apr 18, 2009
3523 posts
717 upvotes
Toronto
moonj86 wrote: So I saw Kingston HyperX 2933 from amazon or somewhere, that will also not work? I went through 20 pages yesterday, but not all yet.
the only ram that is compatible is kingston ram model number XJ69DF (the same inside the machine), nothing else. no idea what model you saw on amazon
Jr. Member
Aug 6, 2015
128 posts
146 upvotes
Toronto, ON
moonj86 wrote: I just put a win7 pro key and upgraded to pro (and yes it's still working).
As I thought maybe keep some of the dell software to do the update or maybe OC later?
Thanks
I'm waiting for 1GB nvme (Samsung 970), and was planning on upgrading to Win 10 Pro (have a key already). Which approach is better?. Should I just put new m.2 in and fresh install from Win10 USB and then re-install Alienware drivers, or is it better to clone the existing m.2 and then upgrade through Windows "Change product key"?

edit: or the third option upgrade to Win10 now through "Change product key" and clone to new SSD?
Newbie
Sep 20, 2017
75 posts
42 upvotes
After contacting the dell support and sent a photo of the ram that is installed in my machine. They agree to send me the correct ram. I declined the technician, and I will replace the ram and send the wrong one to dell.
Deal Addict
Nov 6, 2016
1012 posts
969 upvotes
najibs wrote: Costco is very meticulous about returns. THey don't do that.
My understanding is these are shipped from the manufacturer (Dell) directly. It would make sense that returns to Costco stores get sent back to Dell as well. In that case they restock them, including getting new packaging as necessary and running a reimage. I also read some posts from people saying the noticed dust in their fans, as if the system had been used already. That kind of thing shouldn't happen but human error occurs. I think it's totally possible that these are getting back into circulation after inspection and re-stocking.
Member
Nov 24, 2016
406 posts
115 upvotes
Calgary
lenz33 wrote: I'm waiting for 1GB nvme (Samsung 970), and was planning on upgrading to Win 10 Pro (have a key already). Which approach is better?. Should I just put new m.2 in and fresh install from Win10 USB and then re-install Alienware drivers, or is it better to clone the existing m.2 and then upgrade through Windows "Change product key"?

edit: or the third option upgrade to Win10 now through "Change product key" and clone to new SSD?
I just don't know if it will take a lot time to install all the drivers (if win10 doesn't have all) or software back if do a fresh install.
for my old pc I always do fresh install.
Sr. Member
Dec 8, 2010
626 posts
670 upvotes
Toronto
rainydays wrote: Dell really pushing out this system. The stock just keeps going up.
Currently up to 708 units.
And now it's up to 712. So bizarre.

Top