Expired Hot Deals

[Costco] Alienware Aurora R8 Gaming PC - 1389.99$ - (Intel Core i5 9600K/1TB HDD/256GB SSD/16GB RAM/GeForce RTX 2070)

  • Last Updated:
  • Sep 10th, 2020 6:01 pm
Sr. Member
Nov 18, 2014
531 posts
509 upvotes
Calgary, AB
They now have them in-store since yesterday (according to the price tag)! Build date varies from Feb 15, 2019 - Mar 21, 2019.
Had 15 in stock at Calgary Sarcee location.

Service tag 95L4DV2 confirms the specs as in the op.
Images
  • 20191009_140244.jpg
  • 20191009_140249.jpg
  • 20191009_140255.jpg
  • 20191009_140307.jpg
  • 20191009_140313.jpg
  • 20191009_140319.jpg
  • 20191009_140638.jpg
  • 20191009_140644.jpg
  • 20191009_144024.jpg
  • Screenshot_20191009-144701_Chrome.jpg
Newbie
Sep 20, 2017
75 posts
42 upvotes
Nominee wrote: I didn't read all 60 pages (I read at least 10 pages), can someone please be kind enough to summarize? What's the problem with the memory included in the system? How do you make a case by asking them to send you new memory kits? Why would even DELL do so, since the unit is sold by Costco should still function with the included memory?
Some units were equipped with slower green ram sticks from various manufacturers instead of the Kingston Hyperx Fury 2933mhz. At first most of us that received the machine without the hyperx ram have called Costco CS to understand why our machines didn't come it. BTW Costco didn't specify the ram speed on its website, but the model is the same number as the BestBuy sells and BestBuy states that the machine comes with the Hyperx Fury 2933mhz. When I argued about the BestBuy model had the same model number as the Costco unit. The info that I received from the Costco CS, after 10 mins waiting on hold, was that the machine was shipped by dell directly using the drop shipping, and the ram speed that comes with the machine is the 2666mhz.
A couple of days after I have called the Costco Cs one user posted in this thread a link to the dell's website where we could check the components for our model. To my surprise, the dell's websites confirmed that our model was supposedly be equipped with the hyperx 2933mhz. Then I complained to Dell and send a photo of the memory sticks that came installed in my machine and they promptly sent the correct ram.
I received the ram today. I am quite satisfied with dell support.
Last edited by Carnaxide on Oct 9th, 2019 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Newbie
Oct 4, 2019
2 posts
Haydzx wrote: Looking to buy hyper fury Ram that came with the rig :) - Toronto
pm me when you get a chance, I’m open to trade my ram.
Sr. Member
Aug 14, 2019
786 posts
373 upvotes
Carnaxide wrote: Some units were equipped with slower green ram sticks from various manufacturers instead of the Kingston Hyperx Fury 2933mhz. At first most of us that received the machine without the hyperx ram have called Costco CS to understand why our machines didn't come it. BTW Costco didn't specify the ram speed on its website, but the model is the same number as the BestBuy sells and BestBuy states that the machine comes with the Hyperx Fury 2933mhz. When I argued about the BestBuy model had the same model number as the Costco unit. The info that I received from the Costco CS, after 10 mins waiting on hold, was that the machine was shipped by dell directly using the drop shipping, and the ram speed that comes with the machine is the 2666mhz.
A couple of days after I have called the Costco Cs one user posted in this thread a link to the dell's website where we could check the components for our model. To my surprise, the dell's websites confirmed that our model was supposedly be equipped with the hyperx 2933mhz. Then I complained to Dell and send a photo o the memory sticks that came installed in my machine and they promptly sent the correct ram.
I received the ram today. I am quite satisfied with dell support.
What a hassle and I wouldn't buy Dell after that fiasco, but that's just me.
Sr. Member
Aug 14, 2019
786 posts
373 upvotes
FlukeSkywalker wrote: Alienware deal or this. - https://www.walmart.com/ip/66JOIO7GH9ZB

whats your guys take?
$999 USD
OVERPOWERED Gaming Desktop DTW3 + 2 Year Warranty
Intel i7-8700,
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080TI,
512GB SSD,
2TB HDD,
32GB RAM,
Windows 10
650W PSU
US dollars and shipping fees et al to Canada? You can't be seriously thinking of this?
Penalty Box
User avatar
May 15, 2016
6154 posts
2072 upvotes
Telling all of my friends to return theirs as well. Looks like they have tons of these and will have a firesale soon. I wonder if we'll keep our aeroplan bonus mules.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Oct 22, 2012
1300 posts
778 upvotes
sheyenne wrote: US dollars and shipping fees et al to Canada? You can't be seriously thinking of this?
No shipping and the exchange and taxes equate roughly to $1400 CAD. Seems like all specs are better than the Alienware?
Banned
Aug 23, 2019
899 posts
454 upvotes
locations in Toronto have it??

strange that they are putting this in store too...

not as hot as we thought??
$1,000 by x0mas?
Sr. Member
Aug 14, 2019
786 posts
373 upvotes
FlukeSkywalker wrote: No shipping and the exchange and taxes equate roughly to $1400 CAD. Seems like all specs are better than the Alienware?
Besides the build being OOS, very few reviews of it. It's also Walmart so I'd avoid them.
Sr. Member
User avatar
Jan 22, 2007
948 posts
150 upvotes
Montreal
Alienware 9600k can overclock?
Deal Addict
User avatar
Sep 10, 2005
4374 posts
1638 upvotes
GTA
Does UPS make you sign to receive the package? Do they take it back to the depot if no one is home?
Deal Addict
Apr 26, 2003
1110 posts
396 upvotes
yym789 wrote: Alienware 9600k can overclock?
Yes, it's designed to overclock with the 9600K processor. Read through this thread, there's a lot of comments on how it performs. It's a super fast machine, even without overclocking it.
Dave98 wrote: Does UPS make you sign to receive the package? Do they take it back to the depot if no one is home?
It's UPS, they may leave it at the door and run.
Sr. Member
Dec 29, 2009
653 posts
55 upvotes
Toronto,ON
I'm not a gamer. Is this computer good for photo, video editing?

Top