Expired Hot Deals

[Costco] Alienware Aurora R8 Gaming PC - 1389.99$ - (Intel Core i5 9600K/1TB HDD/256GB SSD/16GB RAM/GeForce RTX 2070)

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 10th, 2020 6:01 pm
Jul 20, 2018
405 posts
300 upvotes
Wazoos wrote: Hey guys,

Not sure if this was already asked but if I order online from Costco, am I allowed to return it even if I don't have a membership?

Thanks!
Im pretty sure you'll have a standard 30 day return policy if you don't have a membership.

You won't get the 2 year warranty though.
Oct 30, 2010
286 posts
47 upvotes
Toronto
What's the consensus on this deal atm? Is it one of the best deals at these specs, or wait for black friday?
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2009
1393 posts
1293 upvotes
Heartcloud wrote: What's the consensus on this deal atm? Is it one of the best deals at these specs, or wait for black friday?
You should buy this and if nothing better comes along on BF, keep it.
Wallet safe :rolleyes:
Jan 22, 2007
949 posts
150 upvotes
Montreal
NO any chance for shipping to QC?
Jun 29, 2014
5 posts
Laval, QC
yym789 wrote: NO any chance for shipping to QC?
Used your address (street, city and postal code), just change Ontario instead of Quebec to complet order, once order was shipped, contact UPS to make sure they ship to right address. Costco verfie only province but not Postal Code. That's the way I got my desktop.
Images
  • 无标题1.jpg
Jan 15, 2017
98 posts
36 upvotes
Anyone else notice that on the auto managed fans in alienware command center top fan is always at 25% and front 9%? One other odd thing is the XMP profile for the ram seems to run at 2926 vs the full 2933. Maybe thats normal.
In addition to that the latest update to command center lost me the ability to change the lights. Get a message saying: "No supported AlienFX devices were detected. Alienware Command Center will enable the full FX experience once an AlienFX device is connected. Please note that some features may be unavailable without a conntected AlienFX device."
Deal Addict
Apr 26, 2003
1152 posts
412 upvotes
octacon wrote: Okay thanks for the replies. So it would work if got the Kingston Hyper X memory but only at the 2666Mhz speed since I have to turn off XMP profiles. If they are just going to run at the same speed anyways is there any point to switching the generic memory with Dell?
If you're not going to overclock your ram, then it probably doesn't matter if you try to get the HyperX to replace your original set.
TheImp wrote: What is XMP2 profile, exactly?
Extreme Memory Profile for overclocking purposes. This is a good explanation: https://www.pcgamer.com/what-are-xmp-pr ... -use-them/

Again, if you're not into overclocking your machine, then it doesn't matter.
Dec 29, 2009
655 posts
55 upvotes
Toronto,ON
I just opened mine today.It's came with "hyper X" ram.
Nov 18, 2017
722 posts
444 upvotes
Mine showed it was supposed to have HyperX but it has the green stuff, so I complained to Dell and they are sending the correct stuff. Unfortunately it's on backorder but I'm not in a huge rush either. As well it showed it was supposed to have the Hynix SSD but actually came with the Toshiba, so I don't know why they even have those service tags if stuff doesn't actually match up.
Banned
Feb 6, 2017
2176 posts
1257 upvotes
Love my PC, I put in an extra 16gb of ram and its paying off nicely. Was doing a bunch of things at the same time last night seamlessly. I have a triple monitor setup, was torrenting inside of a VM, copying files from HD to NAS, watching NBA on another screen and playing Madden Football on the main screen. Everything running smooth, cpu and ram were at around 50%.

Best system I've ever owned and I used to be a DIY guy. Very happy with this purchase. I think if it ever becomes "outdated" in a few years I'll just slap in a 9900k and overclock the video card to make it current :)
Last edited by HN12345 on Oct 28th, 2019 10:42 am, edited 2 times in total.
Sep 7, 2014
632 posts
284 upvotes
Toronto
HN12345 wrote: Love my PC, I put in an extra 16gb of ram and its paying off nicely. Was doing a bunch of things at the same time last night seamlessly. I have a triple monitor setup, was torrenting inside of a VM, copying files from HD to NAS, watching NBA on another screen and playing Madden Football on the main screen. Everything running smooth, cpu and ram were at around 50%.

Best system I've ever owned and I used to be a DIY guy. Very happy with this purchase. I think if it ever becomes "outdated" in a few years that's when I'll just overclock it to give it an additional boost :)
Wow. Lol. Just by reading this; my eyes were already fatigued. Or maybe I am getting older.
Nov 3, 2018
16 posts
5 upvotes
TURNIPtheBEET wrote: Im pretty sure you'll have a standard 30 day return policy if you don't have a membership.

You won't get the 2 year warranty though.
No you will have 90 days return. I did it and got reply from costco. However she said 2 years warranty is honored through manufacturer an not costco
Banned
Feb 6, 2017
2176 posts
1257 upvotes
aljudeh wrote: Wow. Lol. Just by reading this; my eyes were already fatigued. Or maybe I am getting older.
I don't really play games tbh only once in a while, was merely testing out the system's capabilities with 32gb ram and it passed with flying colours.

I do multitask though and use all 3 screens so it's good to know that the system will be able to handle most use cases even under stress.
Last edited by HN12345 on Oct 28th, 2019 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Apr 16, 2011
712 posts
341 upvotes
Just got my friend to purchase this. The system works great, I am quite pissed that I spent $1799 + tax this time last year for a I7 8700 and GTX 1080.... His system beats mine for cheaper.
Penalty Box
May 15, 2016
6232 posts
2090 upvotes
HN12345 wrote: Love my PC, I put in an extra 16gb of ram and its paying off nicely. Was doing a bunch of things at the same time last night seamlessly. I have a triple monitor setup, was torrenting inside of a VM, copying files from HD to NAS, watching NBA on another screen and playing Madden Football on the main screen. Everything running smooth, cpu and ram were at around 50%.

Best system I've ever owned and I used to be a DIY guy. Very happy with this purchase. I think if it ever becomes "outdated" in a few years I'll just slap in a 9900k and overclock the video card to make it current :)
How will a 9900k not make it current? It came out the same time as the 9600k.