Expired Hot Deals

[Costco] Alienware Aurora R8 Gaming PC - 1389.99$ - (Intel Core i5 9600K/1TB HDD/256GB SSD/16GB RAM/GeForce RTX 2070)

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 10th, 2020 6:01 pm
Jan 19, 2017
34 posts
41 upvotes
Edmonton
Anyone work at Costco and can guess at the odds that these might go back up for sale? I'm guessing it's "zero" but I wanted to check. I'm pretty desperate.

I was waiting until I got approval from my work that they'd pay a portion of this purchase through my benefits and literally the day before the approval comes through, the deal gets yanked. FML.
"Just give me all the bacon and eggs you have. Wait, wait. I'm worried what you just heard was, 'Give me a lot of bacon and eggs.' What I said was, 'Give me all the bacon and eggs you have.' Do you understand?"
Dec 29, 2012
89 posts
25 upvotes
Edmonton
D0ntgiveajack wrote: Dell has offered to replace my machine with a new one because of the incorrect ram when I bought it.

What's interesting is the new machine will have a i7 9700K and the correct ram.
Thinking Face
Feb 22, 2009
659 posts
338 upvotes
Ottawa
MisterEyeCandy wrote: Anyone work at Costco and can guess at the odds that these might go back up for sale? I'm guessing it's "zero" but I wanted to check. I'm pretty desperate.

I was waiting until I got approval from my work that they'd pay a portion of this purchase through my benefits and literally the day before the approval comes through, the deal gets yanked. FML.
http://forums.redflagdeals.com/costco-a ... #p31627689
Jun 11, 2016
25 posts
7 upvotes
D0ntgiveajack wrote: Dell has offered to replace my machine with a new one because of the incorrect ram when I bought it.

What's interesting is the new machine will have a i7 9700K and the correct ram.
Really, I had to fight tooth and nail for the ram and in the end they only offered to review it if I opened the machine up and sent them pictures of the ram sticks showing its the wrong ram.

Honestly just considering returning for refund at this point and building my own.
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2009
1392 posts
1292 upvotes
vivibaby wrote: Did you ask for it or?
Dude, of course. But wait it gets even better: they sent another configuration and it was an R9 with i7, 32gb, no dvd. YMMV
Wallet safe :rolleyes:
Nov 2, 2019
2 posts
2 upvotes
On November 4, Dell agreed to replace the ram and will send service to replace, HyperX not in stock expected arrival Nov 27. The Customer support made a comment that Costco changed the ram, LMAO. Dell filled the Costco order with lessor parts when they ran out of HyperX. You got caught by those customers who read message boards and thank-you to the first responders who reviewed the actual parts inside. It was a still a good deal with the 2666 ram but the 2933 description didn't match. Bait and switch is never a good Dell. Deal!
Deal Addict
Apr 6, 2003
2189 posts
55 upvotes
Thought I'd ask on the off chance someone is still checking this thread and is looking to sell their HyperX RAM in the Toronto area?
Nov 10, 2019
1 posts
I just want to say that for people who missed it, the deal is back on Costco's website.

Nov 2, 2019
2 posts
2 upvotes
November 11 and they are back on sale at Costco.ca. I am ordering another to see what's inside
Jan 15, 2017
98 posts
36 upvotes
Definitely wasn’t expecting to see this pop back up again. Awesome.
Jun 11, 2016
18 posts
5 upvotes
vivibaby wrote: What do you mean? Didn't you know before buying it?
i do some home 4k video editing and the only game i play (in 2k mode) is dota2..... my old rx580 can handle it well....

The windows filed corrupted twice during 2k dota2 gaming and i had to re-install win10 twice.
Dec 31, 2011
22 posts
2 upvotes
North York
Any1 noticed the fan being very loud.. even when nothing is running my fan is so loud cant even stay in the same room ...