Expired Hot Deals

[Costco] Alienware Aurora R8 Gaming PC - 1389.99$ - (Intel Core i5 9600K/1TB HDD/256GB SSD/16GB RAM/GeForce RTX 2070)

  • Last Updated:
  • Sep 10th, 2020 6:01 pm
Newbie
Oct 16, 2016
78 posts
24 upvotes
Brampton
I had gone to Costco Missisuaga on 23rd Nov. They had few on shelf but not for sale;no price tag. When i picked up for checkout. The cashier could not checkout it was showing not for sale. Got the mangaer to put in branch over ride over it. And got it home. I was worried if it has non hyperx ram perhaps thats why not for sale. But i checked inside the pc its hyperx. Also i dont notice fan issue. So all good for me so far.
Regards,
Sheray
Deal Addict
User avatar
Aug 30, 2005
2451 posts
423 upvotes
GTA
Dell/Costco sent a letter notifying that there may be an issue with the ram.

Call 1-800-847-4096 or chat with dell at www.support.dell.com and provide Dell with the service tag number
FS: Old school Nintendo Consoles
http://www.redflagdeals.com/forums/show ... p?t=675445
FS:Sharp GF-777Z Classic Boombox Retro Ghetto Blaster 80s - the Holy Grail!
http://www.redflagdeals.com/forums/show ... p?t=631904
ACTION 52 Nintendo NES Multi Game (COLLECTORS ITEM)
action-52-nintendo-nes-multi-game-colle ... st13164059
Sr. Member
User avatar
Feb 22, 2009
663 posts
338 upvotes
Ottawa
aZian_ wrote: Dell/Costco sent a letter notifying that there may be an issue with the ram.

Call 1-800-847-4096 or chat with dell at www.support.dell.com and provide Dell with the service tag number
The letter is that the installed RAM may not be the HyperX RAM it was supposed to come with as per original spec from Dell. Lots of reports early on of some units having generic green RAM instead. Some were able to contact Dell and have them send the correct RAM, some just returned to Costco and played the lottery with another unit. Surprised they went to the trouble of officially addressing this though may be an end result of the eventual stop-sell that ended this SKU# and Dell owning up to shipping Costco some units with generic RAM (not as advertised).
Member
Dec 11, 2009
231 posts
54 upvotes
Brampton
It's a pretty quick check via chat.
They will ask for your consent to remote in to check to see if your ram is 2933mHz
Jr. Member
Jan 28, 2006
114 posts
5 upvotes
Did the online check, they said i needed the memory replaced, technician came to replace it and told me the new memory is the same as the one he removed
Member
Dec 24, 2018
484 posts
458 upvotes
Canada
f4i954 wrote: Did the online check, they said i needed the memory replaced, technician came to replace it and told me the new memory is the same as the one he removed
He probably gets paid to go back and forth. Do an online check again and if it's still the same thing where the ram has to be replaced, then contact dell and tell them of your experience.
Sr. Member
Dec 22, 2003
963 posts
69 upvotes
Calgary
Dell sent out my replacement ram and looks like I have the option return or keep/purchase for $55.22. Seems cheaper than retail prices, but I don't have another machine to use it in.
Jr. Member
User avatar
Jun 15, 2019
165 posts
246 upvotes
lint wrote: Dell sent out my replacement ram and looks like I have the option return or keep/purchase for $55.22. Seems cheaper than retail prices, but I don't have another machine to use it in.
Honestly, this whole RAM speed discussion is just about not being ripped off. There will be no difference whether you have hyper x or generic. You got Dell verified RAM on your hands - if it plays well with the Hyper X you are about to get - keep both. I easily outgrew my 16gb and bought another set of HyperX from a fella on this thread, paid $90 (maybe overpaid, but at least I don't have to worry about it).
Sr. Member
Dec 22, 2003
963 posts
69 upvotes
Calgary
rokask wrote: Honestly, this whole RAM speed discussion is just about not being ripped off. There will be no difference whether you have hyper x or generic. You got Dell verified RAM on your hands - if it plays well with the Hyper X you are about to get - keep both. I easily outgrew my 16gb and bought another set of HyperX from a fella on this thread, paid $90 (maybe overpaid, but at least I don't have to worry about it).
hmm, reading through the thread I was seeing everyone say that rams weren't compatible. I guess what I should do is install it, and if it works, keep it.

Thanks!

Oh and to note, the ram that's installed is generic 2666, vs the hyperx 2933 that was just sent by dell
Sr. Member
Dec 22, 2003
963 posts
69 upvotes
Calgary
So the ram worked together, but mixing it resulted in ram running at 2400, no way to bump it. So I'm going to run the 16gb hyperx @2033 instead and return the generic
Newbie
Nov 14, 2019
4 posts
Is this Alienware from Costco supposed to come with a RTX 2070 super because mine has the normal rtx 2070, I realized this when the Dell.ca one has the one with the super one
Jr. Member
User avatar
Jun 15, 2019
165 posts
246 upvotes
ShivamM16754 wrote: Look the one says rtx 2070 super mine from Costco has the normal 2070
Nah, we all got the usual one. You can check the configuration of your machine on the dell website. It says hyperx ram, but for video card:
490-BEXK : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 OC wit h 8GB GDDR6
Does not look like super.

Top