Expired Hot Deals

Costco

All-Clad essentials nonstick 13 piece cookware set for $199.97 ( YMMV)

  • Last Updated:
  • Aug 1st, 2021 8:22 am
[OP]
Sr. Member
May 6, 2020
531 posts
336 upvotes
Halifax

[Costco] All-Clad essentials nonstick 13 piece cookware set for $199.97 ( YMMV)

Saw this in Costco for $199.97 ( Dartmouth, NS). online price is $499.97. this is the lowest price for this set. Highly YMMV depends on your local Costco.
Images
  • PXL_20210731_231838085.jpg
  • PXL_20210731_205048999.jpg
Last edited by Innovac on Aug 1st, 2021 6:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
15 replies
Member
Jul 25, 2019
432 posts
184 upvotes
I had these pans. They aren’t great - lasted about a year before the non stick coating wore off.
Sr. Member
User avatar
Dec 10, 2006
878 posts
321 upvotes
Japan
Beware. This is not the HA1 line. This is a watered down version with a thinner base and a thinner non stick coating. This will last you maybe 2 years, similar to any other budget non stick sets from TFal and Kitchenaid.
Newbie
Sep 6, 2020
36 posts
35 upvotes
It is better to get a moderate 3ply stainless steel set at this price. Non-stick pans just do not last. Costco often has lagostina or Henkles SS sets on sale. You can get the Kirkland set as well.
Jr. Member
Jul 29, 2015
118 posts
104 upvotes
Saskatoon
18066sg001 wrote: It is better to get a moderate 3ply stainless steel set at this price. Non-stick pans just do not last. Costco often has lagostina or Henkles SS sets on sale. You can get the Kirkland set as well.
Stainless steel you need oil and to manage your heat. My large $40 PC cast aluminum non-stick from Superstore is way easier to use. They pass the egg slide test 1 year later. I have a $300 steel Henkel set I use for other dishes, but if I can fit it in the PC pan, Ill just use it.
Member
Oct 17, 2009
204 posts
171 upvotes
Toronto
Have to ask, anyone see these in the GTA?
Member
Jan 4, 2016
229 posts
230 upvotes
Toronto, ON
rageguy wrote: Beware. This is not the HA1 line. This is a watered down version with a thinner base and a thinner non stick coating. This will last you maybe 2 years, similar to any other budget non stick sets from TFal and Kitchenaid.
Currently in the market for non sticks...how long will the HA1 line last me for? I dont mind spending a little more if it means that it will last me *a lot* longer.
Member
Feb 19, 2018
292 posts
242 upvotes
Montréal, QC
Skip the non stick, they are dangerous
Member
Jun 4, 2011
424 posts
582 upvotes
Toronto
grosbmi wrote: Skip the non stick, they are dangerous
Kind of a load of crap there, nonstick is incredibly non-reactive and safe to use. They do not last forever though.
Jr. Member
Jul 29, 2019
174 posts
132 upvotes
Havox07 wrote: Kind of a load of crap there, nonstick is incredibly non-reactive and safe to use. They do not last forever though.
Just wondering, if they don't last long, doesn't it mean it goes in our stomach ?
Deal Addict
User avatar
Mar 3, 2011
3941 posts
22223 upvotes
You may wanna specify your pickup location since this won’t be the same in all provinces.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Nov 4, 2007
1136 posts
254 upvotes
Toronto
Any recommendations from Costco for induction stoves?
Member
Jun 4, 2011
424 posts
582 upvotes
Toronto
patel21 wrote: Just wondering, if they don't last long, doesn't it mean it goes in our stomach ?
For one Teflon is a well-tested material, for two the vast majority of the wear is not from cooking but from cleaning and storage. Usually cleaning the surface or rubbing of metal on the surface can remove layers that would be cleaned off before usage. I mean I don't use Teflon for most things, not for any health reasons but just due to durability. I have a stainless set of pots and pans that I use for the vast majority of cooking, and use non stick pans for eggs, and a few other dishes where the non-stick properties make life easier. One $200 set of Stainless pots and pans will last a lifetime, a similar teflon set will not last nearly as long.
[OP]
Sr. Member
May 6, 2020
531 posts
336 upvotes
Halifax
markopas wrote: You may wanna specify your pickup location since this won’t be the same in all provinces.
Updated with location
Sr. Member
User avatar
Mar 19, 2006
988 posts
388 upvotes
sipjd65 wrote: Currently in the market for non sticks...how long will the HA1 line last me for? I dont mind spending a little more if it means that it will last me *a lot* longer.
Have a look at the Anolon Nouvelle Copper Hard Anodized Cookware Set, 10-piece on the Costco website. There was a big thread about this set a few months back, have a look at the discussion.

In short, good value, heavy multi-ply base with copper. I bought a set and could not be happier. Ignore the reviews on the site, anodized cookwear does not go in the dishwasher ever!

Top