• Last Updated:
  • Dec 26th, 2020 1:14 pm
[OP]
Feb 28, 2011
402 posts
675 upvotes
ottawa

[Costco] All-Clad Essentials Nonstick Cookware Set, 13-piece $399.99

Costco has All-Clad Essentials Nonstick Cookware Set on sale for $399. Its $100 off.
Its a nonstick set, high quality, reputable brand.

https://www.costco.ca/all-clad-essentia ... 86595.html

The Essentials Nonstick collection is thoughtfully designed to allow you to cook, serve, clean, and store with ease. Essential, multi-purpose pieces move seamlessly from stovetop to oven to table and back into your cabinets, where they nest without scratching the PFOA-free nonstick surface. Fry, steam, roast, boil and strain without worry - cleanup is a breeze!

Features:
PFOA-free nonstick surface for effortless release
Heavy-gauge anodized aluminum with stainless steel riveted handles for even cooking and warp resistance
Comfortable, contoured handles
Oven-safe up to 500°F
Dishwasher safe
15 replies
Deal Guru
Jul 7, 2007
10403 posts
1701 upvotes
i personally would only go with 3/5 layers stainless steel All-Clad..
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2007
1216 posts
317 upvotes
We bought these and are happy with the quality - I wished there were more sauce pans included (only 1). Also, they don't sell smaller sauce pans separately.
Deal Addict
Oct 4, 2006
2159 posts
856 upvotes
Toronto
I know many swear by All-Clad, but the Cuisinart Multi-Clad seems like a deal at $165.
Not sure how much difference there really is if both are three-ply.
[OP]
Feb 28, 2011
402 posts
675 upvotes
ottawa
kingofwale wrote: i personally would only go with 3/5 layers stainless steel All-Clad..
mee too, we got lagostina 5 ply set from costco for $299... some people prefers nonstick, my wife prefer nonstick frying pans to ss
[OP]
Feb 28, 2011
402 posts
675 upvotes
ottawa
blindemboss wrote: I know many swear by All-Clad, but the Cuisinart Multi-Clad seems like a deal at $165.
Not sure how much difference there really is if both are three-ply.
Not a good comparison, two different categories. Also, looking at cuisinart reviews with bent bottoms does not make it a good buy.

And, dont forget, all clad has lifetime warranty for its cookware.
Oct 5, 2006
346 posts
11 upvotes
Toronto
Same price as instore, was tempted but not 3 or 5 ply so I passed.
Dec 24, 2017
12 posts
3 upvotes
kingofwale wrote: i personally would only go with 3/5 layers stainless steel All-Clad..
Sorry bit of a noob here with kitchenware, do more people prefer 3ply or 5 ply stainless steel over non stick? if so why? is it just a durability thing or does the non stick feature not matter much at all?
Deal Addict
Oct 4, 2006
2159 posts
856 upvotes
Toronto
gena_mak wrote: Not a good comparison, two different categories. Also, looking at cuisinart reviews with bent bottoms does not make it a good buy.

And, dont forget, all clad has lifetime warranty for its cookware.
Perhaps, but that's just one reviewer.
What about the 3 or 5 ply Lagostina's ? Don't they have a 50 yr warranty?

I'm sure All-Clads are great products, but 2x the price better?
[OP]
Feb 28, 2011
402 posts
675 upvotes
ottawa
blindemboss wrote: Perhaps, but that's just one reviewer.
What about the 3 or 5 ply Lagostina's ? Don't they have a 50 yr warranty?

I'm sure All-Clads are great products, but 2x the price better?
I was not referring to costco reviews. Before I got lagostina, I looked into different set brands and, cuisinart due to its price attracted my attention. I spent sometime looking into this and similar sets and decided against it because of very high number of reviews indicating this defect, making it useless on electric stoves.

Also, I am a firm believer that in most (not all) cases you get what you pay for. You CAN get lucky and get something expensive at bargain price and, that I would consider hot deal.
Also, IMO having lifetime warranty worth a lot these days. As an example, just this year my friend replaced one of her 9 years old all clad pots at no cost due to separated handle.

If the same configuration of pots and pans as my lagostina was available for all clad for under $1000 I would go for it, just dont need multiple stainless frying pans.

Not shilling for this particular set as I am not a fan of nonstick at all. Just thinking that someone will find it useful. And, I am a fan of good old brands that still stand behind their products enough to dare to offer lifetime warranty.
Last edited by gena_mak on Dec 23rd, 2020 11:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Apr 21, 2008
366 posts
129 upvotes
I have the D3 SS set and I'm totally happy with them. However I did managed to see one of these non-stick pots (the 2.5L pan - https://www.all-clad.com/ha1-hard-anodi ... quart.html) at the local Winners for like $30 so I grabbed it. It's been great and I'd get the entire non stick set but I'd only use one or two.

Every time I go to Winners, I always scour the pan aisle for All Clad stuff
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2007
1216 posts
317 upvotes
Gonad wrote: I have the D3 SS set and I'm totally happy with them. However I did managed to see one of these non-stick pots (the 2.5L pan - https://www.all-clad.com/ha1-hard-anodi ... quart.html) at the local Winners for like $30 so I grabbed it. It's been great and I'd get the entire non stick set but I'd only use one or two.

Every time I go to Winners, I always scour the pan aisle for All Clad stuff
$30? Good deal
May 17, 2011
565 posts
529 upvotes
Toronto
opdollar wrote: Sorry bit of a noob here with kitchenware, do more people prefer 3ply or 5 ply stainless steel over non stick? if so why? is it just a durability thing or does the non stick feature not matter much at all?
Reviews for AllClad non-stick (I think from Serious Eats and others) say it lasts just as long as cheaper pans, which is to say, not very long. https://www.seriouseats.com/2017/02/why ... -best.html

A good stainless pan will last a lifetime, non-stick will last as long as the coating does. And you don't want non-stick for things like meat where you need the fond to make a decent pan sauce. You can safely heat stainless to a much higher temperature than non stick. As long as the pan is thick enough it will take the heat.
This article talks about why a non-stick set isn't a great idea - https://www.seriouseats.com/2019/10/sto ... stick.html

Personally I wouldn't get a non-stick set. I have an fully clad stainless set (Sam's Club brand from when they were here) for steaming, making chili or soup, boiling pasta, etc ; a few cast iron pans for searing meat, roasting potatoes and generally most things that go from stove to oven; and lagostina non stick skillets for eggs and crepes. I replace these every 2-3 years when the coating starts to wear.

If you are starting out, get the best quality stainless you can afford, a cast iron skillet and a non stick stillet. Then buy pieces from there, like an enameled dutch oven, etc.

I know a lot of people say not to buy sets since you're locked into those sizes, but I find it's better, and cheaper, to start with the set and then add pieces as you find you need them.
Last edited by jrshopper on Dec 23rd, 2020 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
May 6, 2019
38 posts
98 upvotes
These do not have steel base !

Whereas the B1and HA1 variants available in BB&B and TheBay comes with steel base.

As per their website - Stainless-steel bonded base is for durability and induction compatibility
Jun 4, 2011
370 posts
503 upvotes
Toronto
As per usual, don't buy a set of non-stick cookware, no matter how many diamonds, ceramic, or meterorites they use they all degrade with time. Washing and the use of utensils that can scratch teflon or the heating of teflon repeatedly will degrade the surface. Treat nonstick pans as disposable and look for any cheapish pan for eggs and whatnot and utilize stainless steel for pots as they will last a lifetime.

All-clad is fantastic and the dream here (I currently just have their 12 inch frying pan) but really they aren't substantially better than the competition, personally I would probably go for the kirkland 5 ply set if I have a choice, I have heard some issues about warping but its Costco so they would always take it back...