Hot Deals

Costco

Anker Powercore III $34.99

  • Last Updated:
  • Dec 19th, 2022 5:39 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 20, 2005
2918 posts
1202 upvotes
Maple

[Costco] Anker Powercore III $34.99

Regular 49.99 with 15 in store discount at Burlington location.

It's 10 000 mah with 18w usb c charging. It also has 10w wireless charging capability ( for your device, not wireless charge the battery pack)

Amazon.ca has it around $60
41 replies
Temp. Banned
Jun 20, 2020
17142 posts
22931 upvotes
Toronto
Anker 533 Wireless Power Bank (PowerCore 10K)
https://www.Anker.com/products/a1617?va ... 8667423894

Anker | PowerCore III 10K Wireless | 3-in-1 Portable Charger


"Our all-new portable wireless charger takes charging on the go to the next level. Combining 10W max wireless charging with high-speed USB-C and USB charging, PowerCore III 10K Wireless gives you more portable power options than ever before."
Destiny is all
Jr. Member
Mar 22, 2020
113 posts
116 upvotes
Really mixed reviews with this. Negatives include doesn't come with a wall charger, some don't know how to turn it off, only charges once per cycle.

Anyone here have an my experience with this?
Sr. Member
Oct 9, 2019
752 posts
1313 upvotes
Victoria, BC
OP, I’d appreciate if you add “ Wireless Portable Charger” to the title.
Jr. Member
Nov 7, 2005
107 posts
54 upvotes
belmichel wrote: This one might offer a better deal at $40.95 ($5 off coupon) with 15W wireless, 30,800mAh, and 25W PD QC4.0.

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B09C1JX5QR/?co ... _lig_dp_it

Not an Anker so I can't speak of its reliability, but it's been on my watch list for a while.
Well the stated capacity is apparently a lie based on the reviews, so that casts some doubt on its reliability. Could be fine though.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Dec 1, 2003
4296 posts
613 upvotes
Toronto
Anker doing all sorts of sales on power banks now that their eufy division is in the toilet. Their 737 power bank is also on sale for the first time on amazon.ca for $200, lol.

It goes for $99 USD when on sale on amazon.com......
Deal Addict
User avatar
Dec 20, 2004
3725 posts
4123 upvotes
Montreal, QC
belmichel wrote: This one might offer a better deal at $40.95 ($5 off coupon) with 15W wireless, 30,800mAh, and 25W PD QC4.0.

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B09C1JX5QR/?co ... _lig_dp_it

Not an Anker so I can't speak of its reliability, but it's been on my watch list for a while.
Keep in mind that powerbanks are NOT permitted in checked in luggage. And power banks allowed for carry-on baggage in the aircraft cabin must not exceed 100 Wh, or equivalent to less than 27,000 mAh. So you MAY have an issue bringing this onboard with you if you travel.

Too bad RavPower is no longer sold on amazon. I have one of these that I had picked up a while back from amazon (when RavPower was still there) and it works very well. Even keeps my HP Elitebook powered for a few extra hours, which is nice. Had bought it for my daughter to be able to get that extra 2 or 3 hours on her laptop while in class and not needing to plug in. Then covid happened and she didn't need it much any more, so I've been using it and it has been great.
Sr. Member
Nov 3, 2005
513 posts
758 upvotes
Toronto
LondonBilly wrote: Really mixed reviews with this. Negatives include doesn't come with a wall charger, some don't know how to turn it off, only charges once per cycle.

Anyone here have an my experience with this?
I got one on the weekend and tried wireless charging today. When charging wirelessly, it was able to charge my 4355mAh battery from 20% to 100% with a bit left to spare (last LED on the indicator). I think wireless charging is simply less efficient as it gets really warm. I'm guessing that it will be able to give me 1.5 to 2 charges if I plug it into the battery instead of charging wirelessly.

You also need to keep the phone right on top, so probably better to plug it in anyways if on the go and then use wireless charging if you need to charge both the battery and the phone at the same time.

I think it's reasonably priced at $35, but wouldn't buy it at $70.
Deal Guru
Mar 1, 2002
11852 posts
9701 upvotes
Toronto
belmichel wrote: This one might offer a better deal at $40.95 ($5 off coupon) with 15W wireless, 30,800mAh, and 25W PD QC4.0.

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B09C1JX5QR/?co ... _lig_dp_it

Not an Anker so I can't speak of its reliability, but it's been on my watch list for a while.
The cheapo brand X ones often have a bogus capacity, and 30800mAh is suspect as it's over 100Wh allowed on airlines. From a review:
1 out of 5 stars Don't waste your money
Reviewed in Canada on January 30, 2022
Verified Purchase

After using it for a while I've noticed that it doesn't have nearly as much battery life as advertised. It won't fully charge my ipad pro with a 9237 mAh battery. Should easily be able to charge it. I watched a video confirming my suspicions and after tearing it apart, the power bank only had 8000 mAh capacity. Blatantly misleading item description.
In addition to the misleading item description, charging from usb c doesn't work. Initially it will output the power but then shortly after it stops charging the device.
You can spend half as much on a power bank that has the same actual capacity and that works properly.
Last edited by Angultra on Dec 6th, 2022 7:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Jul 18, 2005
3864 posts
318 upvotes
It's decent for $35. Love the fast, wireless charging. Good to travel with.
Sr. Member
User avatar
Mar 6, 2019
522 posts
802 upvotes
Toronto
HKPolice wrote: Anker doing all sorts of sales on power banks now that their eufy division is in the toilet. Their 737 power bank is also on sale for the first time on amazon.ca for $200, lol.

It goes for $99 USD when on sale on amazon.com......
I’ve been eyeing that thing since it was released, just can’t justify such a high cost.

If it drops to around $120 then we’re talking lol
Deal Addict
User avatar
Dec 1, 2003
4296 posts
613 upvotes
Toronto
OleSolskjaer wrote: I’ve been eyeing that thing since it was released, just can’t justify such a high cost.

If it drops to around $120 then we’re talking lol
Ya def not worth $200. It has 6x Lishen 21700 cells, so not even brand name Samsung or LG.

Sad thing is that Anker has the clout to boost sales with only small discounts and most people don't even know that Eufy is part of Anker anyways... so I doubt the 737 will ever drop below $150 here.
Jr. Member
Jun 25, 2012
148 posts
61 upvotes
Toronto, ON
belmichel wrote: This one might offer a better deal at $40.95 ($5 off coupon) with 15W wireless, 30,800mAh, and 25W PD QC4.0.

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B09C1JX5QR/?co ... _lig_dp_it

Not an Anker so I can't speak of its reliability, but it's been on my watch list for a while.
Nooooooooooooooo! Stay far away from Amazon no-name brand stuff

Anker is the only brand Amazon allowed to stay when they purged recently, when RAVPower and Aukey and others were dropped hard (and they were AMAZING brands compared to some total whack stuff that still exists)

Not sure how they did that but all the crap seeped back in quickly

Oh yeah MONEY cause this shit SELLS. Literal shit sells.

Anker is the way to go if you're on Amazon.

Amazon and most 'market place' sites (even BestBuy and others) are just MINEFIELDS of shit sold by third parties

Horrible
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jul 16, 2006
2560 posts
563 upvotes
Emporium wrote: Keep in mind that powerbanks are NOT permitted in checked in luggage. And power banks allowed for carry-on baggage in the aircraft cabin must not exceed 100 Wh, or equivalent to less than 27,000 mAh. So you MAY have an issue bringing this onboard with you if you travel.

Too bad RavPower is no longer sold on amazon. I have one of these that I had picked up a while back from amazon (when RavPower was still there) and it works very well. Even keeps my HP Elitebook powered for a few extra hours, which is nice. Had bought it for my daughter to be able to get that extra 2 or 3 hours on her laptop while in class and not needing to plug in. Then covid happened and she didn't need it much any more, so I've been using it and it has been great.
He won't have any issues, 30,000 is a lie. probably half of that if he's lucky.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Dec 20, 2004
3725 posts
4123 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Stunt_101 wrote: He won't have any issues, 30,000 is a lie. probably half of that if he's lucky.
Problem is what it is LABELLED as. I know it is probably not even half that, but if you get stuck with a border agent who woke up on the wrong side of the bed, it doesn't matter what the "real" capacity is. And with some of this crap, they may even confiscate it for now having the appropriate safety labels.

Back in the days when laptop battery packs were typically easily user replaceable, I had one agent confiscate my spare laptop battery pack because I was "not allowed" to carry any extra Lithium batteries onboard, other than what was installed in the laptop according to them. And there is rarely room to argue if you don't want to miss your flight. I let them have it, and declared it as a business expense upon my return and got another one. Just plain dumb.
Sr. Member
Jan 4, 2019
973 posts
1091 upvotes
LondonBilly wrote: Really mixed reviews with this. Negatives include doesn't come with a wall charger, some don't know how to turn it off, only charges once per cycle.

Anyone here have an my experience with this?
Ive had mine for about a month and love it. I literally have a wireless charger everwhere I go. It is great. I have no clue what you are referring to on not being able to turn it off or charge once per cycle... I use mine on and off throughout the day.

At $35 seems like great value. I think i paid 39 for mine last sale.

Top