Expired Hot Deals

Costco

AOC 27G2E 27 in IPS FHD 144Hz Freesync VESA Gaming Monitor ($199.97)

  • Last Updated:
  • Oct 2nd, 2022 8:55 am
Tags:
None
45 replies
Member
Feb 14, 2017
326 posts
182 upvotes
Thanks for sharing. Never heard of this brand, Is this a good deal ?
Deal Addict
Apr 1, 2013
1100 posts
2435 upvotes
Fredericton
I know there's going to be some mouth breathers come into this thread and whine that it's 1080p at 27" but seriously, for the price the specs are fantastic. Driving 1440p at high refresh rates in newer games is hard on even the newest hardware, so if you want high refresh at a good price this is an incredible deal.

Seems equivalent to this minus the adjustable stand.
https://www.amazon.ca/AOC-27G2-Frameles ... =pc&sr=1-2
Last edited by life359 on Sep 29th, 2022 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jr. Member
May 31, 2009
145 posts
210 upvotes
Out of curiosity, how do you find out how much stock is left? Calling in?
Member
Sep 18, 2016
226 posts
291 upvotes
jmok wrote: Out of curiosity, how do you find out how much stock is left? Calling in?
Put in a number that's way too high like 999 and it'll tell you.
Jr. Member
May 31, 2009
145 posts
210 upvotes
enfinityx2 wrote: Put in a number that's way too high like 999 and it'll tell you.
Awesome! Thank you,
Sr. Member
Dec 24, 2012
972 posts
1399 upvotes
Terrebonne
life359 wrote: Driving 1440p at high refresh rates in newer games is hard on even the newest hardware,
First, no. Second, especially not with DLSS/FSR/XESS.
Newbie
Nov 13, 2018
89 posts
136 upvotes
I had 3 of these for my triple screen sim rig setup and they are amazing for the price. I don't think any graphic card can push 1440p over 100fps at highest/ultra settings.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
24363 posts
31281 upvotes
Unintentionally, this holiday season for deals might be one of the better ones due to world economic and geo-political events (not to be discussed here).

OP, great deal. 27" IPS 144Hz, hitting all the major boxes at sub-$200.

Upvoted.
.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 4, 2004
9229 posts
2262 upvotes
They even include an HDMI cable in the box at 199.97...is there anything else they can do for you at this price? It's a great deal no doubt plus Costco's additional year warranty to 2 years.
Help an animal charity or sanctuary out today. Become a volunteer, advocate, foster a pet, or donate. They need you as much as you need them!
Deal Addict
Mar 22, 2017
2429 posts
3200 upvotes
West GTA
life359 wrote: I know there's going to be some mouth breathers come into this thread and whine that it's 1080p at 27" but seriously, for the price the specs are fantastic. Driving 1440p at high refresh rates in newer games is hard on even the newest hardware, so if you want high refresh at a good price this is an incredible deal.
Saying that 1080p resolution within arm's length on a 27 inch screen is going to come with meaningful visual compromises isn't 'mouthbreathing', it's a clear issue. There's a use case for screens with a PPI this low, but you want to put them at a distance (a few feet away, far enough you can't touch it while sitting even if you stretch) so you avoid the visual issues. I bought a 1080p 27 inch screen because I also didn't believe the 'mouthbreathers', and they were 100% right. It was such a poor experience that I returned it within the week. Letting people know about this before they buy will avoid a lot of frustration and does this community a service.

Personally if I were to buy a 1080p I'd stick with a 24 inch screen max for my use case - which is having a monitor on my desk. PPI is high enough for that. If you want a 27 inch screen on your desk, get it in 1440p and compromise a little on the refresh rate or visual settings as you wait for better hardware to drive the screen resolution at your ideal refresh and fidelity.

I'll also note that while some people may buy this screen 100% to play games, 1440p is also a lot more useful for on-desk productivity and general use than 1080p as you can fit a lot more content on the screen (78% more at same object resolution). If you're using this screen for games and other stuff, consider that too.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 10, 2002
6039 posts
558 upvotes
Vancouver
kelvinw215 wrote: I don't think any graphic card can push 1440p over 100fps at highest/ultra settings.
Source?
Sr. Member
Mar 20, 2013
758 posts
951 upvotes
Winnipeg
redflagdealsguy wrote: Unintentionally, this holiday season for deals might be one of the better ones due to world economic and geo-political events (not to be discussed here).

Upvoted.
I don't think we will see that in Canada. USD is skyrocketing against almost every other currency right now. So, the Americans should see lots of prices going down, but the rest of us are going see to nothing but rising prices for while.
Newbie
Nov 13, 2018
89 posts
136 upvotes
Narci wrote: Source?
It's an opinion so the source is me.
This statement is for triple 1440p monitors. Please prove me wrong.
Jr. Member
Mar 10, 2015
101 posts
33 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
i use a aoc 27g2. great monitor for the price.

wonder how this new 27g2e is different?
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
24363 posts
31281 upvotes
kelvinw215 wrote: It's an opinion so the source is me.
This statement is for triple 1440p monitors. Please prove me wrong.
Through advanced internet telemetry gathered by fax and phonograph technology, I was able to capture a snapshot of the above user.

Image

Jokes aside, the 3080ti / 3090 / 4080 / 4090 will do 1440p max ultra.

If you run with full RTX as well, then you might have an argument.
.
Deal Addict
Apr 1, 2013
1100 posts
2435 upvotes
Fredericton
Krigen89 wrote: First, no. Second, especially not with DLSS/FSR/XESS.
redflagdealsguy wrote: Jokes aside, the 3080ti / 3090 / 4080 / 4090 will do 1440p max ultra.

If you run with full RTX as well, then you might have an argument.
Absolutely not true on most newer AAA games. Go try to run Cyberpunk 2077 at max settings 1440p on a 3000 series card and tell me how well you do.

I'll give you a hint - you aren't reaching 144 or 165 FPS. I know because I have a 3080 and I have to turn things down to low with DLSS enabled just to get above 125 FPS in most areas.

Far Cry 6? No DLSS and the FSR implementation is garbage. I can't even get a steady 100 FPS, even with turning down the options.
grumble wrote: Saying that 1080p resolution within arm's length on a 27 inch screen is going to come with meaningful visual compromises isn't 'mouthbreathing', it's a clear issue. There's a use case for screens with a PPI this low, but you want to put them at a distance (a few feet away, far enough you can't touch it while sitting even if you stretch) so you avoid the visual issues. I bought a 1080p 27 inch screen because I also didn't believe the 'mouthbreathers', and they were 100% right. It was such a poor experience that I returned it within the week. Letting people know about this before they buy will avoid a lot of frustration and does this community a service.

Personally if I were to buy a 1080p I'd stick with a 24 inch screen max for my use case - which is having a monitor on my desk. PPI is high enough for that. If you want a 27 inch screen on your desk, get it in 1440p and compromise a little on the refresh rate or visual settings as you wait for better hardware to drive the screen resolution at your ideal refresh and fidelity.

I'll also note that while some people may buy this screen 100% to play games, 1440p is also a lot more useful for on-desk productivity and general use than 1080p as you can fit a lot more content on the screen (78% more at same object resolution). If you're using this screen for games and other stuff, consider that too.
The monitor is clearly targeted at gamers given the refresh rate and response time. If you want 1440p for productivity, you buy a lower refresh rate monitor that is 1440p like something with 75hz.

Everything is a compromise. Arguing that 27" 1080p is bad just because it's 1080p when it's clearly meant for gaming (not text reading) is ridiculous.
Last edited by life359 on Sep 29th, 2022 11:35 am, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Mar 17, 2003
7725 posts
735 upvotes
Vancouver
LoveDealios wrote: Thanks for sharing. Never heard of this brand, Is this a good deal ?
Been around for quite a while, decent products, great price. Yes it is a good deal , would not want bigger than 27" w the 1920x1080, son opted for the 24" version since it is a bit crisper
Last edited by Cisco KId on Sep 29th, 2022 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
How can I be broke when I am saving so much?
Deal Addict
User avatar
Nov 20, 2012
1786 posts
861 upvotes
Narkham
if you spend decent time gaming/working on your monitor, just go 1440p. 1080p @ 27" just ain't specs for your daily driver. however for a secondary monitor, this is the one (if you're ok mix n matching)

wait for a dell 2721DS deal for like $50 more than this.
RFD: Rarely Finding Discounts on things I actually need

Top

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)