Expired Hot Deals

[Costco] APC Back-UPS Pro 1500 Battery Backup - $159.99 ($30 off)

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 24th, 2020 2:53 pm
[OP]
Sep 27, 2004
872 posts
188 upvotes

[Costco] APC Back-UPS Pro 1500 Battery Backup - $159.99 ($30 off)

Have been looking for a UPS for my new NAS and noticed Costco has this model for $30 off until April 19th. Together with the Virgin Mobile $20 off $100, this seems like a pretty good deal.

I acknowledge that some may prefer a higher-end pure sine wave UPS. However, this one appears reasonable for many purposes.

It appears the item may be available in store although I'm not sure of the price. Anyone happen to know?
131 replies
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2014
1423 posts
4078 upvotes
Calgary, AB
If you are using it for electronic devices, devices with a power adapter or anything else that rectifies the AC back to DC, then you don't need to spend the extra money on a pure sine wave UPS.
Deal Guru
Apr 17, 2003
10350 posts
6818 upvotes
blyndfyre wrote: If you are using it for electronic devices, devices with a power adapter or anything else that rectifies the AC back to DC, then you don't need to spend the extra money on a pure sine wave UPS.
So pure sine wave UPS are only meant for AC devices...110v light bulbs??
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2014
1423 posts
4078 upvotes
Calgary, AB
chatbox wrote: So pure sine wave UPS are only meant for AC devices...110v light bulbs??
Not necessarily, as a lot of AC equipment will do just fine on a modified waveform as well. AC motors would largely benefit from a pure sine wave over a modified sine wave, but then who in their home runs a motor off a UPS? Maybe a sump I guess.

Incandescent lights don't require a pure sine wave.

If you are only rectifying back to DC, don't get a pure sine wave UPS unless it's the same price.
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2018
3961 posts
4141 upvotes
Can we please stop it with the true/modified sine wave comment on like every single bloody APC thread?

There's a time and a place. Thanks to the OP for posting this BackUPS deal. It's actually a pretty damn good modified sine wave APC product, especially at this price!

Bought 2!

Yes, I'm a die hard APC Smart-UPS true sine wave gal but not everything needs to have a true sine wave.
For legal topics and discussions, the opinion, guidance, and thoughts provided are my own and are not considered to be legal advice, in any manner.
Deal Guru
Mar 6, 2003
14961 posts
6329 upvotes
Ottawa
yes, it would be nice if somebody can confirm if this is the same one in store and what the in-store price is.
Rich or poor, paying full price for anything is for suckers. Be an informed purchaser by searching RFD for the all-time-low price.
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2014
1423 posts
4078 upvotes
Calgary, AB
angryaudifanatic wrote: Can we please stop it with the true/modified sine wave comment on like every single bloody APC thread?

There's a time and a place. Thanks to the OP for posting this BackUPS deal. It's actually a pretty damn good modified sine wave APC product, especially at this price!

Bought 2!

Yes, I'm a die hard APC Smart-UPS true sine wave gal but not everything needs to have a true sine wave.
This is a discussion forum, so it's inevitable that pros and cons will be discussed and relate them to alternative options. Not to mention, the OP already leans into the debate over the types of sine waves.

Also, you finished your post with a true/modified sine wave comment yourself?!?
[OP]
Sep 27, 2004
872 posts
188 upvotes
blyndfyre wrote: Not to mention, the OP already leans into the debate over the types of sine waves.
I only brought it up after reviewing threads from prior years where the debate derailed focus on the deal. It was not my intention to open the can of worms :)
Deal Expert
Nov 7, 2003
20159 posts
765 upvotes
Shanghai, China
angryaudifanatic wrote: Can we please stop it with the true/modified sine wave comment on like every single bloody APC thread?

Bought 2!

I think mods need to start cracking down. Just like how every Apple deal thread gets trashed by the very same people. Very annoying.
Mar 14, 2003
680 posts
97 upvotes
Toronto
xawaisx wrote: I have the same one but the batteries are done. Where do you buy new batteries from?
I would recommend excessups.ca
Apr 2, 2006
131 posts
19 upvotes
Toronto
xawaisx wrote: I have the same one but the batteries are done. Where do you buy new batteries from?
Agree with excessups.ca, replaced the battery for $100. Probably last you up to 5 years, then replace again.
Deal Expert
May 14, 2007
15214 posts
2423 upvotes
Scarborough / Markha…
Ordered one. Thanks OP!
Apr 2, 2006
131 posts
19 upvotes
Toronto
SuperNaut wrote: https://lextec.com/

Had my batteries for half the price of excessups.
Are you speaking of the same battery or different ones. I looked up the one that we're talking about and its $98. I believe its the RBC7 model.
Sep 9, 2018
298 posts
196 upvotes
Toronto
TKMC26 wrote: Are you speaking of the same battery or different ones. I looked up the one that we're talking about and its $98. I believe its the RBC7 model.
Deals might depend on your model, I needed 8 of these.....

https://lextec.com/product/datalex-12v- ... nt-battery

Walmart sells RB7's cheap....

https://www.walmart.ca/search/rbc7
Last edited by SuperNaut on Apr 15th, 2020 3:34 am, edited 1 time in total.