Costco

Apple Airpods Pro 2 - $278.19

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 31st, 2023 3:25 pm
Deal Addict
Jul 31, 2020
2506 posts
2291 upvotes
randomroyalty wrote: Depends on your use case. The Elite 7 for voice is hard to beat. Works great on Windows with Teams where the AirPods are crap. Mic noise cancelling is impressive.

Noise cancellation depends a lot more on the seal than the AirPods and can be more fatiguing. The AirPods are a looser fit, so sound pressure of the noise cancelling means you can “theoretically” wear them for longer periods.

I still prefer the AirPods Pro 2 for music. Even though spatial audio is a bit of a gimmick, in fixed mode the soundstage is impressive for IEMs.
If you use windows 11 the AirPods are much better, Microsoft added aac support. I don’t use Atmos audio for music on headphones, but on the Apple TV combined with an Atmos surround sound setup it’s amazing.

That said, I tend to use my wired headset for calls at work. I’m not as worried about being wireless for that use case… so I’ll take your word that there are better options for chatting.
Jan 1, 2017
32 posts
22 upvotes
Oh, no I meant if I'm on a call and I want to mute the mic.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 10, 2003
5946 posts
2425 upvotes
Toronto
KingSlam wrote: Oh, no I meant if I'm on a call and I want to mute the mic.
Sorry, which buds have this feature? Is this common to have a hard mute button on your earphones?
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2007
2260 posts
538 upvotes
Vancouver Island
Got these on Friday and after only 2 days of use I'm no longer a skeptic - they are really great. They're so much better sounding than my Beats Fit Pro and the ANC is day and night better. They are well worth the price of admission imo.
Apr 16, 2007
842 posts
165 upvotes
Toronto
I’m an airpods skeptic bc I could never get the original ones to stay in my ears without falling out and also, I am always a skeptic about any Bluetooth mic (I still insist on taking calls with wired headphones only).

Are these truly better in both respects? Is it really a No hassle return for 90 days even if you’ve worn the AirPods?
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2009
3382 posts
578 upvotes
Don't be nosey
mark2000 wrote: I’m an airpods skeptic bc I could never get the original ones to stay in my ears without falling out and also, I am always a skeptic about any Bluetooth mic (I still insist on taking calls with wired headphones only).

Are these truly better in both respects? Is it really a No hassle return for 90 days even if you’ve worn the AirPods?
The original AirPods also kept falling out my ears and have been using Bose ever since. I recently purchased the Bose QC Earbuds 2 and they don’t stay in my ears. So bought the AirPods Pro 2 and they fit and stay very well in my ears!
PSN: RunOrDie226
add me!
Jul 10, 2019
588 posts
559 upvotes
got these for 217$ after using the new membership rebate. thanks op
only price errors are true deals - such is the philosophy of RFD.
Deal Addict
Mar 4, 2011
1246 posts
769 upvotes
Kitchener. Ontario
Thanks OP,

Grabbed a pair for myself. My APP1 were getting really bad with the left earbud not charging, so I figured it’s time to spring for new ones
Apr 16, 2007
842 posts
165 upvotes
Toronto
Ok, I’m gonna pull the trigger and try these on a return basis, but random question… can you talk with these in one ear, while holding the other one in front of your mouth or placing it on a table, for improved audio quality when speaking quietly?

Sometimes I like to speak quietly for privacy on phone calls and talk right into the microphone of a pair of WIRED headphones. If I’m not mistaken, do the AirPods FORCE DISCONNECT the second AirPod when you take it out of the ear, or is there a way of forcing it to be a “microphone only” and forcing the in-ear bud into mono during that session?

The above situation would be an ideal configuration for me, but I seem to recall airpods going into “single ear” mode automatically when you pull one out, as a selling point.
Aug 16, 2017
2 posts
Thanks OP coming from OnePlus Buds Pro the ANC is a lot better. Not to mention I’m not afraid of hearing loss as the left one plus bud would sometimes screech quite loud