Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Costco

Apple iPad, 10.2 in. 32 GB, Wi-Fi, A10 Fusion Chip $379.99

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 18th, 2020 1:48 am
May 26, 2010
431 posts
183 upvotes
Saskatchewan
karlb wrote: Buy the basic iPad. It’s enough for what you want to do. Seriously. Your use cases are basic.
Reference: iPad 2 (ancient) vs 6 (similar to 7)
Netflix looks the same, which shocked me. Plays fine on both. Old one just takes longer to start the movie.
Honestly one of the things that bothers me with my current iPad (3 I believe) is that the speakers are only on 1 side and when laying down watching a movie you have to strategically position it. more annoying than anything. So then think about getting the Pro and then thinking for the $240 more for the Pro 11" there are lots of nice features. Smaller form factor, face recognition, apple pencil 2, can charge my iPhone from the iPad. For $850 though the price tag is steep for something that I am likely watching movies on 90% of the time. All of this as well has the dark cloud of a new iPad Pro likely coming out in about a month.
Nov 7, 2018
185 posts
162 upvotes
Priced matched at staples with bestbuy sale price and used $25 off 75 coupon. Came to 354.99.

Couldn't get through to ordering at costco with coupon on boxing day so this is close enough.
Sep 9, 2005
307 posts
94 upvotes
Hamilton,Ontario
sudesingh wrote: a.aliexpress.com/_sr9o8k (if I add the http it goes to the home page)

Charges via microUSB. You cannot charge charge it on the side. That's the downside of a 3rd party product. But the quality using good, been using it for almost a month.
Thanks for the link! i ordered the wife the pen for $25 its not a bad price. Let's hope it gets here this year... :facepalm:
“To alcohol! The cause of, and solution to, all of life’s problems.”

Homer J
Jun 2, 2015
122 posts
67 upvotes
Toronto
Curious should I keep my iPad 9.7 inch 128gb I bought from Costco back in November for $400 or grab this latest model and bigger screen but only with 32gb. Any thoughts? I still haven’t opened mine.
Aug 6, 2010
122 posts
158 upvotes
Oakville
Need someone's opinion:

I want a tablet where I can mostly read pdf documents/textbooks and maybe write on as well. Would this iPad be appropriate for this function? Conversely, would another tablet be better suited for me? Not looking to spend too much money, maybe 200-400. Prefer Android but don't know much about tablets.

Thanks.
Jun 6, 2017
533 posts
461 upvotes
BC
sajeesh wrote: Need someone's opinion:

I want a tablet where I can mostly read pdf documents/textbooks and maybe write on as well. Would this iPad be appropriate for this function? Conversely, would another tablet be better suited for me? Not looking to spend too much money, maybe 200-400. Prefer Android but don't know much about tablets.

Thanks.
Yes, it’s perfect for that use.

I haven’t tried an Android tablet since around 2014 but back then there was something fundamental to Android that made it terrible at handling PDFs. It would constantly have to redraw the page every time you flipped to a new page. iPad did not have that issue. I don’t know if they’ve fixed that since then but like I said on multiple android tablets made it seem like an intrinsic Android weirdness.

In any case I doubt there’s a better drawing/writing tablet out there for $380 (plus cost of pencil)
Jan 8, 2020
637 posts
332 upvotes
Vancouver
This can use apple pencil 1st Gen or also 2nd gen?
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2008
2018 posts
465 upvotes
Toronto
sajeesh wrote: Need someone's opinion:

Thanks.
I have jumped back and forth between iOS and Android for years. Samsung had/has tablets based on Wacom technology and they are not bad. Am back to iOS. I don’t think you’ll regret this iPad for what you want. In particular pdf integration has been great with OSX on the Mac and iOS as a follow up. Not so with other platforms. I think for tablets the case for iOS is much stronger (vs Android). Phones are another story though I recently went from a Samsung S8, which I really liked, to an iPhone XS which has grown on me to the point where I’d prefer not to return to the S8/10, etc...

The arguments against Apple stuff are usually hardware specs’ based which, from my perspective, miss the point.
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2007
1425 posts
640 upvotes
pmcd wrote: I have jumped back and forth between iOS and Android for years. Samsung had/has tablets based on Wacom technology and they are not bad. Am back to iOS. I don’t think you’ll regret this iPad for what you want. In particular pdf integration has been great with OSX on the Mac and iOS as a follow up. Not so with other platforms. I think for tablets the case for iOS is much stronger (vs Android). Phones are another story though I recently went from a Samsung S8, which I really liked, to an iPhone XS which has grown on me to the point where I’d prefer not to return to the S8/10, etc...

The arguments against Apple stuff are usually hardware specs’ based which, from my perspective, miss the point.
Agree. Apple/iOS wins hands down in the tablet market. Android tablets and the tablet ecosystem there is just extremely poorly optimized which limits their potential.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)