• Jul 15th, 2019 10:10 pm
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2014
1901 posts
1391 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
HamsiBrain wrote:
Jul 12th, 2019 2:43 pm
My daughter's SE stop charging just after Apple's battery replacement program over (Dec 31st). Battery was showing %87 healthy but stuck at 1-3%. Contacted apple, no go and we did not want to pay $80 for a battery replacement and make apple richer. SE now is sitting in my desk and reminding me how greedy apple is.
We have 3 iphones at home but, IMO, apple is a greedy company and scr...ing their customers for apple care, service charges, storage, etc.
Not an apple fun boy nor thinking to be one.
Regardless, this is a good price for those who wants to join to apple ecosystem but when I read this thread and see IOS/Android comparisons (mostly biased) I just look at my drawer and all I see is a failed hardware of a greedy company.
A phone that won't charge is significantly more likely to be a software issue or a charging port issue. There's a 99% chance that replacing the battery in that phone won't do anything.
Deal Guru
Jul 19, 2012
13706 posts
3942 upvotes
Montreal
Not a bad deal for a 128GB phone - remember the SE is effectively a mini-version of the 6S so it can still stand up pretty well in terms of performance... and it's $200.... for 128GB.
FourDollarama Shut Down My RFD Customer Experience Thread!
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2003
1335 posts
357 upvotes
Edmonton
ykhehra1 wrote:
Jul 12th, 2019 2:09 pm
Anybody see this deal in West, specifically alberta?
would sure like to know as this is the exact and only phone my lady wants and needs. she has a 32 that is full and I can't seem to remedy that situation. and she only wants this SE form factor which puts out all other iphones and of course she refused to use android ever

R U PACKIN HEAT
?
Jul 11, 2019
2 posts
1 upvote
Just went to the Costco Boisbriand, I bought two but when I went to pick up the iPhones behind the desk, the girl told me there is only one left. So they refunded one. I took the last one I guess Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2009
2063 posts
918 upvotes
Winnipeg
freewheelin76 wrote:
Jul 12th, 2019 3:42 pm
would sure like to know as this is the exact and only phone my lady wants and needs. she has a 32 that is full and I can't seem to remedy that situation. and she only wants this SE form factor which puts out all other iphones and of course she refused to use android ever
Full of...photos?

Use Google Photos to backup and clear out what she got on it.
Last edited by FrostyWinnipeg on Jul 13th, 2019 1:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Guru
Feb 13, 2012
11934 posts
2702 upvotes
VANCOUVER
FrostyWinnipeg wrote:
Jul 12th, 2019 6:10 pm
Full of...photos?
That would be privileged information between 2 consenting adults! Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Tightly-closed Eyes
Nov 12, 2016
46 posts
10 upvotes
jeff1970 wrote:
Jul 10th, 2019 10:52 pm
iPhone SE was released in spring 2016 -- not even close to 10 years, as you claim, yo.

Also, benchmarks for iPhone SE is about 50% higher than the crappy A10. Not to mention 32GB Samsung versus 128GB for the Apple. Very interesting for a "10 year old phone" to be so much faster and so much more storage than the crappy piece of junk you're advertising.

I'm not an Apple fanboy by any means, as I am sporting the OnePlus 7 Pro and prefer Android -- but a little bit of honesty and accuracy is always appreciated.
LOL
Nov 13, 2013
599 posts
1020 upvotes
Kingston, ON
well back to the lecture at hand.....cannot find the SE anywhere so this was all a big tease. Many stores seem to have the 6s but for 399.00 and 499.00 so forget that. Wonder if these prices will dip down to clearance soon too. Anyone else know where one could get a 128gb SE for a good price (new)?
Deal Addict
Feb 9, 2014
1153 posts
2915 upvotes
Toronto
Rogido wrote:
Jul 12th, 2019 3:35 pm
Is it because they didn't put the Apple logo on the phones?
I was going to reply and explain why the Sony Xperia Compact phones (and Sony Xperia phones in general) are not so great but I decided not to because you ended off your reply with this childish remark.
Oct 11, 2005
181 posts
104 upvotes
Calgary, AB
domacheap wrote:
Jul 12th, 2019 12:54 pm
any luck in Calgary?
ykhehra1 wrote:
Jul 12th, 2019 2:09 pm
Anybody see this deal in West, specifically alberta?
freewheelin76 wrote:
Jul 12th, 2019 3:42 pm
See this post. No stock in BC or Alberta. You might have luck in Saskatoon or Winnipeg (as of 07/11 at least). Call a store, and they can look up SKU 6011111 for you, and provide quantities. After not finding it at Deerfoot Meadows in Calgary, I called the East Hills location and had them look in their system.
Dec 11, 2013
60 posts
50 upvotes
Quebec, QC
Called Costco Drummondville at 6pm and they say its out of sock the girl told me that saint-jérôme have it in stock (you better call before go)
Deal Guru
Feb 13, 2012
11934 posts
2702 upvotes
VANCOUVER
WH0WHAT wrote:
Jul 12th, 2019 9:18 pm
I was going to reply and explain why the Sony Xperia Compact phones (and Sony Xperia phones in general) are not so great but I decided not to because you ended off your reply with this childish remark.
Childish or not, it was on the mark, and you know it.
Nov 13, 2013
599 posts
1020 upvotes
Kingston, ON
okay well I, for one, give up on this SE witch-hunt. Ghost stock all over the map. Plus I do remember using my brother's SE and it was cool and snappy and all but I think the 4.7" screen of the 6s is more for me.

I do know many stores have 6s stock but its reg price. If anyone knows of good 6s outright prices please let us know.
Also pls advise of any Mobile shop and/or Walmart deals for Koodo 6s for sign-up/cancel trick.
Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2007
3335 posts
2831 upvotes
WH0WHAT wrote:
Jul 12th, 2019 9:18 pm
So you're taking your ball and going home then? A childish response to something you claim was childish? Yup, makes sense.

FWIW I was curious what you felt was so bad about the Sony suggestion, now I'll never know. To keep consistency I am currently crying.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)