[Costco] Apple Iphone SE 128go Cosmic grey unlocked - 200$

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 5th, 2019 7:59 pm
Jul 6, 2018
320 posts
584 upvotes
redmondflagger wrote:
Jul 14th, 2019 9:28 am
Yeah but you miss out the Apple walled garden and the iMessage lockin. The iMessage thing is a real problem for my kids.
Blackberry did the same thing with BBM. Until the kids moved on to the next cool thing. Then Blackberry opened up BBM and were like "no wait please come back!". Well too late? I can't wait for the same thing to happen to Apple.
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2011
2971 posts
243 upvotes
blackbirdman wrote:
Jul 14th, 2019 9:09 am
No worries. I get where you're coming from. I mean everyone who hears the word update is like candy to the ears. That used to be me, always the first to update. But it started getting to the point where the updates were so small and didn't do much for me. Ios 12 was focused on speed upgrades other than that nothing changed much. Ios 13, if its faster and more efficient than ios12 then i may update. But i'm a techy and from upgrading numerous apple devices especially the older ones, they are literally obsolete now. We'll see what the future holds. Another thing to point out about updates, my cousin has a galaxy S6 and he hasn't updated it once since he got it, thing is literally blazing fast and smooth, sometimes it feels like its smother than my own phone :(

So bottom line if you want your device to last long and be snappy like new. Don't update unless the update is for sure going to make your device faster and more efficient.
What about security, it’s not all about speed
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2007
1424 posts
518 upvotes
Montreal
redmondflagger wrote:
Jul 14th, 2019 9:29 am
You can go google free if you like. Checkout F-droid.
Indeed you can. You have a few options for it:

https://fsfe.org/campaigns/android/liberate.en.html
https://www.theregister.co.uk/2018/06/1 ... e_android/
https://e.foundation/

The point here is the time and the effort people are willing to invest to get there. We all grow old, some of us have more time than others to geek around, some don't have any at all. Some of us have kids that consume us and some don't. For those who are geeky and are willing to mess around with tech - be my guest, take it to town.

All I wanted to say here - there is right phone for the right person. I personally use both Android and iOS devices and I use both for different purposes. Android tablets have good support for variety of eBook file types.

I respect the effort Cyanogen, now LineageOS puts into supporting abandoned devices by different vendors. I love xda community, the amount of time and effort these guys put is impressive and I even occassionaly donate to make sure they get their beer at the end of hard working week. In either case, point taken - you can go Google Free if one wants to without switching to iOS, but that also comes at a cost of time and effort.

Cheers!
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2014
2108 posts
1563 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
The mods sure have forsaken this topic
Banned
Jun 12, 2019
221 posts
11 upvotes
chemicalxv wrote:
Jul 10th, 2019 10:15 pm
Now see this is actually a better deal than the 6S topic posted the other day where it was like $400 or whatever.

But I still wouldn't get it because odds are this thing's getting EOL'd when iOS 14 comes out in 14 months.
Can you install lineage OS or something else on thos or any iphones?
Banned
Jun 12, 2019
221 posts
11 upvotes
isthisreallife wrote:
Jul 10th, 2019 11:04 pm
Is $200 actually hot? When I was shopping a cellphone a year ago, if you time the open and cancel trick with Koodo with gift card deals, you can get this SE model for $60.
Any idea what koodos lowest byop plan is month to month?
Banned
Jun 12, 2019
221 posts
11 upvotes
isthisreallife wrote:
Jul 10th, 2019 11:04 pm
Is $200 actually hot? When I was shopping a cellphone a year ago, if you time the open and cancel trick with Koodo with gift card deals, you can get this SE model for $60.
Even the 128gb model? If not how much for that one with the Kood deal?
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2014
2108 posts
1563 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
As far as I'm aware every Koodo offer referenced was only ever for the 32 GB model
Sep 19, 2017
316 posts
133 upvotes
Moncton
Didn't see any at the Moncton store when I checked today.
Koodo 8GB UL T&T @ $45 (ported in from Public Mobile)
ASUS Zenfone 3 Zoom @ $299 / Certified Pre-Owned Huawei P20 @ $240 / Huawei P20 + Huawei Watch GT @ $240
Deal Addict
Jun 15, 2012
1681 posts
274 upvotes
Saskatoon
dvdvideo wrote:
Jul 14th, 2019 3:31 am
Saskatoon North has gold Iphone SE 32GB for $149 left. (about 10 cards left I think)
Don’t like the colour plus would prefer 128 GB
'The rich get richer and the poor get - children.'